LottieBird's SnS Diary

I told you to watch that porridge like a hawk!! :p Silly Lottie!! (sorry, lol, our raid leader's wife is called Lottie and she's a very silly lady... so the word silly always goes together with Lottie ... *cough* I should stop saying that!).

I'm glad you're getting on with all of this ok - yay for surge of energy!!
Don't take what that lady said to heart, maybe she was reflecting on HER OWN experience of it - VLCD is VERY hard on emotions. I went through a rollercoaster to be honest, because any depression bouts (which can last for months... urgh) are red raw and I had to deal with it with no soothing cream so to speak!! (i.e. food). But it's good though.... doing this sort of diet actually made me really deal with my depression.
Depression can't be easily "cured", and it will ALWAYS be there. The change comes from our ability to recognise when it's coming in and lessen the blow. I've had a few onsets in the last few months, but I felt it coming and ... counteracted.

I do think therapy may be beneficial, it's better to discuss your feelings rather than bottling them inside, which is always what I prefer doing. Bottling is easier, but discussion makes it better... :/

This really isn't going to be easy. But you are trying. Even if you fall off, keep on trying, because perseverance is key.

x

I told you to watch that porridge like a hawk!! :p Silly Lottie!! (sorry, lol, our raid leader's wife is called Lottie and she's a very silly lady... so the word silly always goes together with Lottie ... *cough* I should stop saying that!).

I'm glad you're getting on with all of this ok - yay for surge of energy!!
Don't take what that lady said to heart, maybe she was reflecting on HER OWN experience of it - VLCD is VERY hard on emotions. I went through a rollercoaster to be honest, because any depression bouts (which can last for months... urgh) are red raw and I had to deal with it with no soothing cream so to speak!! (i.e. food). But it's good though.... doing this sort of diet actually made me really deal with my depression.
Depression can't be easily "cured", and it will ALWAYS be there. The change comes from our ability to recognise when it's coming in and lessen the blow. I've had a few onsets in the last few months, but I felt it coming and ... counteracted.

I do think therapy may be beneficial, it's better to discuss your feelings rather than bottling them inside, which is always what I prefer doing. Bottling is easier, but discussion makes it better... :/

This really isn't going to be easy. But you are trying. Even if you fall off, keep on trying, because perseverance is key.

x

What Minerva said!
Good luck however you tackle it, remember we are all here xx

Thank you both! I have a tendency to overthink things at times, I'm just going to focus on relaxing and enjoying life more, and see where that gets me. I hope you are having a great weekend, I will be catching up on diaries this evening.

Me and my hubby are going to see the Evil Dead remake at the cinema this afternoon, very much looking forward to it! Popcorn is off the cards, which is a big shame as I love it. I'm going to have a large americano and a bar.

I was a pack short yesterday, so I don't see a huge issue with a bonus one today..? Update for yesterday

Summary Day 5
------------------
Strawberry shake
Sweet porridge - very nice, definitely get more
Spaghetti Bolognese - not bad at all, will order some more. A bit of a spice would be good, not sure which.

3 packs only, didn't feel like a fourth one. Hubby got me coke zero cherry, a nice change but I need to watch my intake, it's been increasing every day. Feeling completely fine.

I feel your pain! I do! Going to the movies with a little dietary bar is really tough!! But once you get over it (takes about half an hour) it's ok.

I hope you enjoyed the movie! :)

x

Morning :D movie was great, really had a good time without food. Mr Bird was lovely and didn't have anything I could smell, just chocolate and pop :)

Yesterday was a tough day, I guess because it was the first Saturday. No physical hunger, just fancied something. I had 5 packs, but only had 3 the day before, so I'm fine with that. Feeling motivated again today, and CANNOT wait til tomorrow's weigh in!

Hope you are all doing great!

Update of yesterday...

Day 6

Muesli yoghurt bar: very sweet, nice texture
Cafe latte shake: didn't enjoy quite as much as last time, got some ice freezing though for next time
Milk choc truffa: mmm very nice texture, could be a great evening treat
Crispy choc shake: I like this one a lot :) I had intended to have mushroom pasta, but lost it to the microwave. When will I learn my lesson?!?!
Banana shake: did the trick

Tempted all day, but stayed strong *flex*

Well done Lottie!! You did REALLY well :D

Do you have any plans for today? I don't know where you live, but perhaps it's quite sunny in your corner of the world too? Maybe a nice walk? Or sit in a cafe with some coffee with Mr.Bird? :)

x

Hey there :) no plans for today as such, just drinking coffee and trying to decide!

I live in Northamptonshire, and it is a lovely day outside. If the ground is dry enough, might potter in the garden. Didn't get round to the lawn the other day, so that would be good!

How about you? What's the plan for today?

Oohhh gardening is a good choice :D Especially that it is the time to start tending to seeding and all that sort of thing... my garden's a mess - but we're doing things to it every year to make it more pleasant.. Hmm. :)

I don't have plans.. just studying... getting sick of it now! Can't wait to get it all over and done with... -_- !!!

I can't wait for your first WI results :D :D Woop!!

Day 6
-------
Cafe latte shake - meh, I thought these were my favourite but enjoying them less and less
Chocolate Praline bar - loved it
Mushroom Pasta - Really enjoyed again. Cooked in a large bowl, did not over flow
Hazelnut shake - very scrummy

I had a lovely day, did the gardening as planned. I had a long afternoon nap afterwards.

Found today significantly easier than yesterday :D Weigh in tomorrow! Eep! I'm going to make a ticker, but will include the stats to include what I lost prior to S&S, as well as the start date.

Last edited:
lottiebird said:
o_O omg I lost 11.75 lbs!!!!!!

That is amazing well done :) last week was well worth it xx

Back