love atkins

I have a policy of coming off plan for family birthdays. I reason that it's only a few days out of a whole year, so in the great scheme of things it ain't gonna make much difference! As long as I go straight back on plan the next day (which you did), I take the hit and move on.

Hope you're having a great day! :)

Evening all, I think I will follow scrambles advice and just enjoy birthdays in the future.....oddly enough I had no cravings or increased appetite yesterday after the chinese, very happy about that.

Yesterday carbs 25, cal 1460

Today
Berries, yogurt and crushed nuts

L creamy courgette soup

D pork chops and mashed cauliflour

Hope you are all having a great day

Evening all, I think I will .... just enjoy birthdays in the future.....

Good plan - a birthday is a birthday - although we should also be following ML's advice, stop thinking about the old ways of rewarding ourselves and think more that birthdays are not about falling back into the carb trough but re-educating our brains to say low carb is THE present to yourself :) xxx

I came off for a birthday and wedding in same week it took ages to get ketosis back n weight loss started dreading the disruption of christmas

I have my planned breaks every few months but won't come off for one offs like family birthdays while I'm still trying to lose. If I get down to nearer a maintenance weight that will probably change.

Love the sound of cream of courgette soup, glad you are enjoying the yogurt and berries, I would be lost without them now :)

Afternoon all, I haven't been on for a few days, I find it difficult to find time over the weekend.

Well last weekends 2 lb gain is gone, along with another 1..... so I am now back to posted weight 13 gone 12 to go. I am feeling great at the moment and I have a "new" wardrobe of clothes that fit me this winter, so although I would love to be at target I actually don't mind how long it takes me to get there. I am just going to enjoy the journey.

Well done sammy ....lovely that u got a new wardrobe of skinny clothes to get into :) I bought a dress for work about two weeks Into Atkins it had a long zip struggled to get the zip done up my friend had to help I blamed the zip as it was one of those nylon type ones and got stuck just below my bust ...wore it Monday and the zip flew up he he he I was well chuffed xx

Evening all

I know what you mean angie, nsv are so good...

Good day yesterday kept to 25carbs and 1480 cal, this seems to be my groove and I am happy there.

Today was a slight different story
B bacon eggs with cream and chorizo.....was soooo good
Then I decided to make oopsies, they looked good and I really wanted to try them so I had an early lunch, I did not like them at all, there was nothing wrong with them, they just didn't live up to my expectations....they also caused me to feel hungry all afternoon, so I picked at everything, all legal but way too much. I don't think it was the oopsies that caused the hunger, it was more a mental rather than physical hunger....I was craving something bready as I had thought the oopsies would be. So I made a mim, a flat one in a dish and had that toasted with cream cheese and ham, surprisingly it did the trick and I am now satisfied; so no dinner tonight...

Hope your days went well.

Shame you didn't get on with oopsies - mims and almond bread are by far the more 'bready' substitutes but I find mims a little bitter and almond bread doesn't fry as well - fried oopsie with an egg is really great. I like all the substitutes - almond bread is the most like real bread, mims toast the best and oopsies are the least heavy and fry well.

I'm glad you found something to hit the spot, at least!

I wish i liked mims but texture gets to me half way thru, i could use the extra fibre in my diet x

@ML and stubbsey.....I now think I have made the oopsies wrong, I just used egg and cream cheese and they just tasted a bit like an omlette, but having just seen stubbsey's diary I see flax is added.....so I will try them again.

You don't need to add flax - the original recipe doesnt and I'm not sure it makes any difference to the texture but I do think it tastes better with it.

Do make sure you get your egg whites really stiff - I add a little bit of baking powder and a spoonful of powdered Parmesan to my yolk mix, too.

i think the flax helps with the oopsies it makes it more errr substantial, i have played with flavours, mustard, garlic n herb, i haven't done a sweet one but probably will at some point. i have not made one without the flax so don't know if it effects texture. i didn't like the original recipe much when i tried it, i think its like everything at first tho, its not bread so its oooo dunno if i like this.. after a while though the taste grows on you. i like to make them plainer so they don't overpower the filling when i do sandwiches or burgers etc. My friend made them and forgot to put the cream cheese in once, they still turned out and she used them, so i think they are a versatile thing you can play with til you find how you like them. Recently i have been using them to make breadcrumbs etc for recipes and coatings so i am so glad someone invented them... ML is right about the egg white you need it nice n stiff, i used to fold the cream cheese mix into the white because that is how my friend (who introduced me to them) told me to do it, but i have had more success with folding the whites into the cream cheese & yolk mixture, i add a good sized pinch of salt too.. keep trying with them xxx

Thanks all for oopsies advice, I will try them again... but think I will stick with flat min that I can toast, flax pancakes and flax pizza/ wraps..... maybe I should ask the flax board to use me in their adverts (obviously when I reach my target weight).....

Today

B baked eggs with chorizo, a new fav
L ham egg and coleslaw wrap, usual
D pork fillet with duxelle stuffing wrapped in parma ham and roast veg
S don't think I will need one.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Baked eggs are so simple

I use the thinly sliced chorizo, it looks a bit like salami. Place 3 slices in the bottom of a small ovenproof dish, crack 2 eggs on top, add 2 tbs of cream and bake for bout 15 mins @ 180. It taste very rich and is extremely filling..

Hi, you just add the cream to the whole eggs....the eggs are cooked when the whites are firm....

Sounds good:) was planning crustless quiche for parents coming to lunch tomorrow anyway!

Back