love atkins

Ooo, that baked egg thing sounds lovely! I still haven't done baked eggs yet, so I've made a note of this :)

I must look back and find your flax pancake recipe as well - need to try that too!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Afternoon all, I hope the baked eggs live up to expectations.....
I had a sts this week, don't mind really as I had Chinese on monday.

Sat I had the deep dish pizza quiche for lunch, it was gorgeous so thanks for that link. Steak, mushrooms, onuon and celeriac chips for dinner.

Today
B bacon egg sausage and mushrooms
D roast chicken with cauliflower and brocolli cheese. I am trying out a new sauce receipe, if it is nice I will post receipe.
S red wine, can't wait!

Hope you all had a good weekend, weather here was fab on sat, I went for a two hour walk......rain today so sitting down in front of a fire just waiting for dinner to cook.

Hi, should have mentioned baked eggs idea wad courtesy of Alpaca, I just added the chorizo....

Afternoon all, busy today DK I will try and get round to diaries later.

Didn't log food yesterday but think I stayed within my carbs, even with the wine....

Today
B flax pancakes
L ham,chicken and coleslaw lettuce wraps
D steak,mushroom,leeks, cream and celeriac chips
S almond bark

Hope you are all having a great day.

Afternoon all, a lovely day here. Cal yesterday 1497 and carbs only 13 eek, must have done something wrong. I am doing a DD today, only coffee and water so far. I have been reading. Dr briffa and he suggests doing this sometimes. I find it kinds easy to do a DD when I am out and busy all day, it is much mire difficult when at home...

D chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, with stirfried cabbage.

Cal should be about 400,

Are you doing JUDDD Sammy? Or a mixture of JUDDD and Atkins? I agree so much easier with no temptations around the house. Menu sounds great.

Hi, I'm not really doing juddd, I did a mixture of juddd and atkins before I went on hols, only 2 DD per week as I found the 3 gave me cravings and I then found it difficult to stick with atkins. I am doing a DD this week because the scales haven't really moved in the last few weeks, just going up and down, so I am hoping a DD might help sort that out. I am quite happy to do one or two a week and if the scales move this week I will probably carry on with one a week for a while. I have always been a slow looser......

I would like to do the DD on a two days a week, the 5/2 diet, 500 cal on downdays, nearly did one the other day but not prepared enough. What do you eat on your down days to stay under 500? And to stay full enough? What do u think works best, breakfast n dinner, or one larger meal? Xx

Stubbsey, if you do the 5/2 you are almost definitely going to need to eat more calories on your 5 up days - your cals already look low a lot of the time. Make sure you plan for that too so you don't go hungry!

Morning all, DD went well yesterday 536ca 36 fat 29 carbs and 40 protein.

@ stubsey I am never too hungry in the morning, so I try to est most of my cal in the evening. Sometimes I have soup at lunch time, only using low carb veg....courgette is my fav. Also low cal protein chicken or fish, most of my carbs on the day come from veg, I do eat some fat, yesterday I had 1 tbs of olive oil for the cabbage stirfry and also 1 tbs of coconut oil in coffee, strange but ok, it is supposed to keep you full for a few hours, I had that in the evening but next time I will gave it earlier in the day... I try not to eat anything that is not allowed on induction, I did go up to 700 cal when I did it in the summer, for the 2 day. Sometimes my cabs have gone up to 30gr. Good luck if you try it, you do need to est well the day before as ML had said.

thanks for that i wont try it without being prepared. i know sometimes my food list is low but my calories are not too low as i have quite big portions and just lately on mfp i have been over 1400 and sometimes around 1600.

Morning all, yesterday was a but of a disaster...I look after my dad a few days a week he is 97, he lives with my sister...I went yesterday and shortly after I got there he had a bit of a turn and I had to call an ambulance, he is ok now and was not kept in, but I spent the day in a&e, so lots of coffee and vending machine food....

Today
B toulouse sausage
L creamy courgette soup
D having friends over, we do this once a month and everybody brings food, host just does main course, thus time I have decided to do tapas, that way I can ignore carby stuff that they bring.
Stuffed mushrooms, pizza quiche, meatballs and feta cheese dip with crudites. They others are bringing salad, patatas bravas (not for me), and serano ham withgrilled peppers and olives. Lots of vino...

Enjoy your day.

Sorry to hear about your dad, but glad he's home again.
Tonight sounds like a lovely, sociable evening. Tapas was a wise choice, hope you have a lovely time.

Glad it wasn't anything too awful for your dad - always scary.

Tapas sounds delish!

Sorry to hear about your scare with your dad, but glad it turned out okay - and yes, hospitals seem very low carb unfriendly by all accounts.

Tapas night sounds like a great idea - hope you have fun!

Afternoon all, food all done, just need to put mushrooms in oven when friends arrive...10eek, hope I have enough food.....house tidy, just need to Hoover and get dishes etc out, wine in fridge and on back of cooker to warm so relaxing afternoon, they are not arriving til 8....sitting down to lunch now and then off for shower.

Hope you are all having a great day.

Back