love atkins

Hi i have started to drink boiled water , trying to cut down on tea and coffee and I'm really enjoying boiled water, can't quite believe it!!

Morning all, I have not been in for a few days. Les mis wad fab, I think I enjoyed it more than the stage production.
Well I have tried the hot water and quite like it, thanks for that tip. I have also discovered if I start the day with water it is easier to stick with it.
I woke up during the night, in the middle of a dream in which I was very angry, I took ages to shake off the angry feeling. It got me thinking, do our dreams affect the mood we wake up with. I rarely remember my dreams but some mornings wake up happy, some sad, some angry.... anyone else who gets this?
I was up 1 lb on sat. I thought I would give 5:2 a go but I went totally off the rails at the weekend! So 5:2 won't work for me, maybe when I get to target. I also read somewhere that Sharon Osborne lost 2 st on atkins in 2 months...if she can do it I can. So today I am going back to clean and green, I have been reading the sticky on the 1972 plan and I think I will follow that. Also I am going to track everything here and on mfp. I will be updating food at the end of each day instead of the beginning.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning all I'm going to start my diary today,

Breakfast: I've just had 2 boiled eggs a pinch of salt

Lunch will be tuna boiled egg mayo and green beans ( how does this sound ?

Dinner will be steak , mushrooms a little pepper sauce made with just peppercorns and fresh cream

Lots of water throughout day
Would anyone mind just casting eye over this and checking if ok on induction
I starting 15stone 6
Thank you x
Joanne x

I absolutely get the same thing with dreams - a bad one can leave me shaken up for the whole day. I'm really affected by how I wake up, too. If I wake naturally it's find but loud noises or someone shaking me will leave me way way off kilter.

Good luck with the clean and green. 72 is the best book to follow for that I think. What happened to you on 5:2 is exactly what I think would happen to me. My mum is fine on it as she never overeats anyway.

Hi Joanne - your menu looks fine but right now you're posting in someone else's diary. If you start a new thread you can have your own so people will be able to find you easier. Welcome to Atkins!

Morning sammy :)
Good luck with clean and green :)

Have a fab day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all, good day yesterday.
B bacon and egg
L tuna salad with mayo
D burger, bacon, mayo and celeriac chips
S alpro soya with almond essence...was yum
C 3% p 23% f 74% cal 1430

Thanks dizzy, bought dizzy water today, will give that a go.

Just waiting for my lunch to cook, really looking forward it it ( hope it is nice).

Flat mim cooked in the oven and then used to make ham cheese and onion panini, I am going to have it with alpro soya drink.

Well panini was yum. I will definitely do it again for lunch, I am tired of salads. I used the golden flax this time which is way nicer than the ordinary one, the flavour is not as strong, the colour of the mim is also better. Next time I will make a tuna melt. To be honest even though I am full I could eat it all again.

I make flat mims for toast, I like them a little burnt. What brand of golden flax do you use? I use Linwood's but honestly have no idea if it's golden or not.

Evening all
@ML, I use Virginia golden flax it has1g of carb per 100g. I have used the linwoods flaxseed. The golden flax is much lighter in colour, sort of the colour of corn flakes...I find the colour of the ordinary flax a bit off putting. Also want to say I love the hot alpro drink as recommended by you. I have never liked milk so I was surprised that I liked it.

Yesterday c 4% p 31% f 65% cal 1410

Today. C 5% p 26% f 68% cal 1155

I had no snacks today, the mim seems to have kept me going during the afternoon.

I've ordered some of that flax to try and see how it compares with the Linwood's - thanks for the heads up!

And you know, soya milk in general surprises me. I used to hate the stuff but now it tastes fine to me in tea and lovely heated up. Still not crazy for it on its own cold though.

Morning, I hope you like the flax. I have only had the alpro hot with a bit of sweeter and some almond essence, I don't think I would like it cold, but I am going to try it in a smoothie with berries and nuts....when I add them back oun.I like a smoothie made with yog but carbwise you need too much in a smoothie.

Back