love atkins

Well done on the 3lbs, sammy...fab loss! :D And well done for avoiding the dreaded vino - not easy to do at weekends!

Very nice looking menu for today as well, though I'd have to pass on the flax porridge. The only time I tried it without oats mixed in I hated it - think it's a texture thing more than a taste thing for me :confused:

Woop woop well done on the loss! Glad you liked the porridge - I make it with alpro and just a dash of cream.

Morning.g all, good day yesterday, I a bit snack...I had cocoa bark and a lemon bun in the afternoon...all atkins friendly, but still have to work out why I had them, I definitely was not hungry.

B egg crepe
L not sure yet, going shopping this morning
D fish, spinach with creamy sauce.

Hope you all have a great day.

Hi Sammy,

Lemon bun? Sounds nice! Is that a variation of moonlights' almond cake, or something else?

I still sometimes eat when I'm not really hungry - I expect most of us do - but I do it an awful lot less than I used to, so I guess I'm improving. I usually blame TOTM...whether it is or not, lol!

Totm can be responsible but I think it's how cold it is right now that's making me want to eat more than usual.

Hi, buns are so easy to make,
1 tbs coconut oil, melted
15 ml cream
1 egg
Whisk together and add your favouring.....I use lemon or almond or cocoa with sweetner.
Pop in a cup and microwave for about 90 secs.

I can't find that coconut oil, looked in asda and sainsbos nothing. I did see some in the Asian supermarket but it was for hair. Where do you get yours from?

I was just thinking if the Asian shop one would be ok!! Spooky dizzy. The recipe sounds lovely, is it ok for induction?

I buy my coconut oil in a jar from local Asian supermarket, it is absolutely fine and very reasonable in cost :)

I buy my coconut oil in a jar from local Asian supermarket, it is absolutely fine and very reasonable in cost :)

Thanks, there's so much desert talk on forum it's making me hungry

Hi, cake is perfect for induction....just made a chocolate one..if I could wait for it to cool I could add some icing!

Morning all, I get my coconut oil from health food shop, also use it as a body lotion and a face cleanser......I have two jars one upstairs and one in the kitchen. My skin has improved greatly since I started to use it.

Today
B poached eggs, large mushrooms and tapenade, was lovely
L ham salad
D polish nelson steak with cauliflour mash
The steak is a receipe is one I found in an old m&s book. Steak, mushroom and onions cooked in beef stock. When cooked add cream and reduce til thickened. I hope it tastes ad nice as it sounds.

I really need to get more adventurous with my lunches. I am quite happy with the breakfast and dinners, but lunches have become very boring.
Hope you all have a great day.

Afternoon, tea sounds lovely like beef stroganoff and I know what you mean about lunches they can get boring but if you're at work it can be difficult.
Going to have a look at h&b for the oil x

Morning all, I get my coconut oil from health food shop, also use it as a body lotion and a face cleanser......I have two jars one upstairs and one in the kitchen. My skin has improved greatly since I started to use it.

How do you use it on your face, Sammy? Do you melt it first or just rub it on?

And that steak sounds delish! As for lunches, what about some crustless quiche? You can have so many different fillings :)

Back