love atkins

Hi all, I am still here, thank you for your support, I am havin a real rough time at the moment. My middle DD headed to France for an eramus year last week, my eldest is heading to the new York in Oct for a year, I am absolutely dreading the next year. I will miss them so much, even though they haven't lived at home full time for a long time, I have always been able to get in the car and visit them......I started back on atkins on Mon, weight at the highest it has ever been and was doing quite well until I heard my brother in law attempted suicide last night....wine is in the menu tonight, along with loads of carbs.....why!!!!!
I think this is my worst year ever, I normally lead a very uneventful life, I wish it was back.

Oh Sammy, sorry to read this you poor bugger. You have got loads on your plate right now....take it easy and make sure you have someone to lean on at this time.

Big HUGS Sammy, You will miss then so much. Sorry to hear about your brother in law, that's just awful. You've certainly got a lot to deal with, so be gentle on yourself for now. My son went away to university in America last year. It was dreadful as he's my best bud and an only child. He just went back a couple weeks ago for second year. I piled on 25lbs last year when he left and if was difficult. I lost a stone over the last few months, but just gained 5 back so back to low carb but keeping the fat lowish. Make sure you skype or facetime them loads it makes a big difference to be able to see their faces. x

((Hugs)) sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Look after yourself xx

Big big hugs, Sammy, it all happens at once eh?

Of course you will miss your kids, but like Val says, do lots of skyping - and start planning hols to New York.

So very sorry to hear about your brother in law, I hope he and the family are able to get really good counselling and get to the bottom of it xxx

Hi morning all, i cant believe it is nearly 2 months since I last posted. It is so long that I cant work out how to post on my phone, i thought you just clicked on the thread.....but that is not working, would someone please remind me how to do it! thanks.
A very eventful and carb filled few weeks, eldest DD now in New York and settling in, I probably wont see her til June when i plan on visiting with DD2 and DD3, when they are both finished exams and back at home. I really want to be at my target weight by that time, so I can arrived in New York feeling good! On a positive note the OH came home with a laptop for me recently, so I have that in the kitchen and whenever the girls want to talk I know immediately...bliss. I tried to get on on the bandwagon, but only managed a few days each week. During that time I have tried to work out why I keep falling by the wayside.....I miss vegetables, I know we can have veg but I miss the ones I cant have. i also miss sauces made with flour and also milk. I have read about the 17 day diet, where you change what you eat every 17 days, but it is very restrictive. I have decided to combine Dukan and Atkins, doing Dukan for 14 days and then switching to Atkins, that way I am never more than 14 days form the goodies ofAtkins and when doing Dukan I can have my veg and sauces, not everyday but every second day. I know that low carb is the way for me to go because I loose the craving after a few days, hopefully this will work for me in the long term. The reason I choose Dukan is because a friend has lost 3.5stone in the last 6 months on it.I have also started i HIIT program it last for 20mins 5 days a week and besides toning me up the exercise is having a positive effect on my mood. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now and am quite enjoying it.
I started Dukan on mon 12 lb above my posted weight, I will do it for 2 weeks and then switch to Atkins for 2 weeks.....than I am off to Italy with some friends for a few days...so that is an incentive for the next few weeks. I will try to log on more often as it does keep me on track.

I have been reading all the diaries and hope to catch up over the next few days.

Hi Sammy welcome back - Glad to hear your daughter is settling in NY, how exciting for her and for you to go and visit. My son is in the US too and I miss him like crazy, but thank goodness for facetime and skype. Dukan and South Beach are about the only 2 I haven't tried. A couple of friends did Dukan and lost a lot.
Good luck and will be watching your progress. I'm cal counting at the moment and it's going well, but haven't really updated my diary in ages. :)

My fave for on the go is chicken thighs cut into strips with mayonnaise and tabasco sauce- taste like a chicken donor kebab!

Morning all, well I have not logged on in the last few weeks despite my promise, but I have sorted the app on my phone, so I should get better at logging in, I usually log in through that.
I am delighted to say that in the last 4 weeks I have lost 11 of the 12lbs that I put on over the last few months:), so the atkins/dukan method is working for me. I am doing dukan with 30gr of carbs, but somedays I am using more fat that dukan suggests mostly cream and cheese. I am away with friends from tomorrow til next wed, hopefully I wont put on too much weight, but I will be walking a lot so hope to keep the gain to 1/2 lb. I have also been doing HIIT exercise 5 days a week so my shape has improved. it is great to fit into all my clothes again. I plan to continue with the dukan/atkins method until christmas is over to maintain my current weight and then in the new year loose the last 13 lb before the summer.

i will catch up with the diaries when I come back next week.

Happy New year all, I hope you all had a fab Christmas. My Christmas was strange, I just couldn't get into the festive mood, I did however eat and drink plenty. I am ready to start back today. I will be doing Atkins and when my weight sticks will go to a lowish carb dukan for a while, low carb is what suits me the best. I am going to start posting my menus again.

B bacon and scrambled egg
Not too sure about the rest of the day, I will have to shop.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi sammy - happy new year and welcom back to low carb:)

Updating food from yesterday
B bacon and egg
L chilli cheese crisps
D chicken stir fry
S cheese and water
Too much cheese but will do what it takes to keep cravings away.

Morning Sammy:). Good attitude until you get into the groove!

Hi thanks for support.

Food for yesterday
B egg
L out with family, quiche without the crust, coleslaw and cucumber salad.
D bolognaise sauce,family had lasagne
S nothing but water

Today I was bringing dd to the airport, she is on her way back to France for college. I got her to the airport and then my car broke down on the way back, so my eating plan went out the window.

B coffee...I planned to have lunch in nandos, I am not great at early morning eating.
L nothing
D rack of lamb with cauli mash
S.....when I got back to the house coleslaw, pate and cheese.

Strange eating day, absolutely no water til 5 pm. I am very pleased that I resisted the wrong things when I came home, but I think my carbs are well above 20 gr. Ah well tomorrow is another day.

Back