love s&s but dissapointed with the bars

serenade

doing cambridge one day and slim & save the next until i finish the cambridge stock.

Loving everything about slim & save but missing the cambridge bars, only like the truffa the rest i can't stand the taste and the problem it the truffa i find too small and not satisfied that i want 2 or 3 which defeats the object!!

I really want to have a bar daily but not sure alternatives which would be bigger & satisfy more and still can use with slim & save(3 meals + bar)

any suggestions welcome, was thinking

Exante or Atkins advantage

Last edited:
have you tried all the bars? My understanding is that you can use exante shakes, but I'm not sure about the bars. Can you compare the nutritional info?

I find the bars don't satisfy me as much as the others - I still have one every day though.

I now only order the maple fruit (my favourite) and the dark truffa. I have it as a treat at the end of the day with a cup of decaff coffee at about 8.30/9 pm. If I feel that I am really hungry the plan is I skip it and having a more filling pack instead. I never have a bar as anything other than my 4th meal.

I pretty much always do this now:
7.30 (8.30 weekends) am - porridge pack
1.20 (2 weekends) pm - chocolate shake
6/7 pm - meal pack with cauliflower and broccoli
8.30/9 pm - maple fruits bar (dark truffa if I fancy it)

I have other bars and am fine with them. Either Tesco ultra slim or Atkins or Biggest Loser meal replacement bars. All bigger and more satisfying and although higher calories are still ok carb-wise

I also only have a bar at the end of the day with a cup of green tea. They don't fill me up but I do love the lemon and truffa bars slighly warmed in the microwave. I cut it up into 8 pieces and warm for about 20 -30 secs. The lemon becomes quite gooey and like a crunchie and the truffa choc melts slightly. I feel like I'm being naughty and really look forward to it of an evening :) But don't let them go too long in the microwave as the lemon gets too crunchy and the choc one melts to not much !

thanks for the replies, have done a comparison and think i going to swap to BL or atkins

Exante Toffee Nut & RaisinS&S chocolate truffa cambridge mintatkins choc peanuttesco ultra slim choc chipBL Mint Fudge
Nutrition InformationPer 59g BarPer 35g BarPer 50g BarPer 60g BarPer 60g BarPer 55g Bar
Calories Kcal215 KCal134174220230206
Protein18.7g8.612.41817.116
Carbohydrate23.0g14.715.11522.419
(of which sugars)15.3g12.510.81.18.61.9
Fat6.6g4.15.8116.77.5
(of which saturates)2.0g 3.35.12.23.9
Fibre5.3g1.97.29.84.96.2

Thanks that is really helpful. It'll sure help me when I'm stuck. That's great.

Ive got tonnes of the exante bars do not like them! theyre out of date too :[ such a waste.
the biggest loser mint one is nice.

I wasnt keen on most, they were far too big too, the shakes and bars

Exante bars are disgusting. The Cambridge ones weren't that great either really. S&S are by far the nicest packs I've ever had, bars included. Though Exante porridge is a lot nicer I think. The bars are smaller but when you're in ketosis you're not hungry so you don't need a bigger bar, it's in your head. Though your head is often the hardest thing to beat.

S&S bars are by far the nicest, yes they are smaller but i find the quicker i eat one the fuller i am anyways... Love all of them, i think, so its nice to have a change everyday! Dont think i could survive without them!

I love the bars, totally fixes my chocolate cravings, though strangely, all my cravings have been for meat and bread!

I eat my bar in tiny lumps at end of the day as a treat. Was eating half of it earlier in the day but I find them too moorish, so have to eat last thing in the day. Also disliked the exante bars, always tasted a bit rancid to me. Love love love theS&S maple fruits and the dark truffa. Will also have the Tesco ultra slim but I find they make me hungry and wanting more

Back