Total Solution Loved-up's vlcd diary-onwards and downwards!

loved-up

Is determined and focused
Well I hope so anyway:eek:

This is by no means my first diet <ahem> but it is my first diary. I'm sure no one will bother reading it, but just in case, anyone is welcome here:D

So, why am I starting a diary now when I never have before? Well really it's to keep track of my thoughts but mostly it's to remind myself of a few key points that I will otherwise convieniently choose to forget when the going gets tough....so, me, listen up and listen good!..

You have to do this. You have run out of other options.

If you don't do this you could die early and leave the husband you adore and the children that mean the world to you:cry:

You cannot do it the 'sensible' way. Ww etc works for other people, but YOU cannot do it, how many times do you have to try and fail before that sinks in?

You cannot cheat, you need to be 100%

NO excuses, no special occasions, no feeling ill, nothing can knock you off course, you need this more than you need anything else

And finally, you CAN do it. It IS possible, and even when it gets tough it's such a short time out of your life

Last edited:
So my start date was 02/01/2012, today is day 5

and I'm feeling pretty good:) Have been 100% so far, and tbh that is more important to me than what the scales say. On this diet all I can control is how well I stick to it, the weight will come off when it's good and ready:D

I have done vclds in the past, but wow I love exante! Cheaper and tastes better amazing:D

Oh yes and my water intake has been really good which is amazing for me, so far at least 4 litres a day:eek: Today I've already done 4 so I'm just off for a cup of peppermint tea:D

You sound like you're off to a great start hun, good luck with your weight loss x

Sounds like you are doing great chick.

I loved reading your reasons for not making excuses....I could have wrote them myself!

Hope tomorrow is another good day xx

Your doing great :) keep going, I started same day as you... trying to go 70 days at 100% so far so good!

I am aiming for 5 stone in 5 months so I still have a mega long way to go. First weigh in on Sunday and I have managed to stay off the scales so I am hoping for a nice surprise!! x

Thanks so much for replying, I didn't think anyone would! The support here is amazing xxxx

It's sunday morning (well afternoon really but I haven't been awake that long!:eek:) day 7, and actually I'm feeling really really good:D I have been 100% so far and that means a lot to me

I have been thinking though, of where I have gone wrong in the past. And I have had a little bit of a scary revalation. I think I wanted to fail:eek: now bare with me, I know that sounds insane (and it is) but despite the weight, I liked the way I lived before, I liked eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, when I read of people doing low carb diets I would think, wow what a miserable way to live, lifes too short:eek:

And I was desperately worried about what I would look like if I lost a lot of weight, it was as if having made the effort and lost all the weight I would want to look amazing...great boobs, no loose skin, flat tummy, because after all, that would only be fair after all my hard work, and I knew deep down that wasn't going to happen.

When I have 'failed' at diets before it has almost been a relief to go back to normal, and tell myself next time, next week, next month,next year I'll do it

But I honestly honestly feel differently now. My weight has got to the point I am morbidly obese, now before I would say in my head I'm 'technically morbidly obese' but there is no 'technically' about it. My weight if left as it is will make me ill and will end my life early, and I have so so much to live for. I am doing this for my health, for my future and I want to be healthy so very badly

And I don't care how I look afterwards (well ok, I care a little bit) but really however I look will be a small price to pay, and may even be fixable

And I don't care how much my diet and lifestyle will have to change, I'm not saying it will be easy, far from it but I really truely do not want to go back to eating how I was, where did it get me?

The other thing that is different this time around is that my husband is doing this with me. Food has always been a huge part of our relationship, to have him onboard makes all the difference in the world, we have been talking about how we're going to make changes 'after' (though that wont be far away for him, he looks fab after one week on this:rolleyes::p:D)

Right enough boring ramblings from me:p but I do feel better for writing all of that down, off to drink more water!

Random Question? I finally bought sainbury's sparkling water strawberry & kiwi and it is LUSH! How much can I drink of this? Does it count as part of my 3 litres? Could I could easily drink 3 l of this!!!

Hi don't think we're allowed the sparkling water as it has citric acid in it, which can affect ketosis the still one is fine and then yes it does count as part of your 3 litres.
Hazel
X

Well done Loved-up and you sound as if you are going into this with a really positive attitude.
I felt the same myself last year and managed to lose over 4 stones. Yes, I did come off the diet (for holidays mainly) but I always kept the carbs low and then went straight back on the diet when I got home. Tbh, it was almost a relief to know that I was, at long last, sticking to something which would really improve my health.
What really spurned me on was week by week finding that my clothes were getting looser and eventually too big - I loved that feeling!
As you can see, I still have a bit to go to get to target, but with the fab support on here, I am sure we will both go onwards and downwards! Good luck for your weigh in (and hubby too).

MashedBanana said:
Random Question? I finally bought sainbury's sparkling water strawberry & kiwi and it is LUSH! How much can I drink of this? Does it count as part of my 3 litres? Could I could easily drink 3 l of this!!!

Yep you can def have this it's on the what can I drink sticky :)

Day 7 was 100%, if very stressful:eek::p My little one (well actually he's 3, he's no. 5 of 6) had a nasty fall and a massive lump on his head, so last night I stayed up to do checks on him, I'm happy to say he's fine, and I despite being up for all that time stuck completely to plan:D

Probably not a big deal to most people, but I'm going to celebrate the small victories!

It's been a week now since I started, I wasn't going to weigh but I decided to have a sneaky peak......and I have lost 9lbs:) I'm really happy with that, but, if I'm honest I'm happier that Iv'e been 100%

So onto day 8! Ooh I love exante:D

loved-up said:
Day 7 was 100%, if very stressful:eek::p My little one (well actually he's 3, he's no. 5 of 6) had a nasty fall and a massive lump on his head, so last night I stayed up to do checks on him, I'm happy to say he's fine, and I despite being up for all that time stuck completely to plan:D

Probably not a big deal to most people, but I'm going to celebrate the small victories!

It's been a week now since I started, I wasn't going to weigh but I decided to have a sneaky peak......and I have lost 9lbs:) I'm really happy with that, but, if I'm honest I'm happier that Iv'e been 100%

So onto day 8! Ooh I love exante:D

Well done x glad he's ok xxx

Thanks dustqueen:flowers:

Thanks dust queen! And well done! I'm on day 7 and I've been 100% not had a weigh in steering clear of scales because I get obsessed. But I don't seem to be seeing a difference? I feel rather bloated after so much water. I haven't actually done any exercise yet not had time tbh. Going to start this week for sure- any suggestions as to what? XxxX

MashedBanana said:
Thanks dust queen! And well done! I'm on day 7 and I've been 100% not had a weigh in steering clear of scales because I get obsessed. But I don't seem to be seeing a difference? I feel rather bloated after so much water. I haven't actually done any exercise yet not had time tbh. Going to start this week for sure- any suggestions as to what? XxxX

That's great you'll see a huge difference when you weigh ;)
Exercise can actually slow your losses, odd I know, so keep it light, I think Exante recommend walking etc.

Oh really! I shall start with walking on tread and build up gradually as the weight loss increases. Thank you. Hope you are well xxxx

Back