Total Solution Loved-up's vlcd diary-onwards and downwards!

Well done for resisting loved up !
You are doing super well :D

I should read these diaries more carefully as i have only just realised that your hubby is doing it with you. So is mine. For years he has been moaning that his clothes don't fit and his trouser sizes were getting bigger and bigger so he decided in desperation to join me on Exante this time. Yeah I thought, you'll never do it, but he is and I am so proud of him. We are only on day 5 today, he survived day 1 on a shake, a soup and 2 bars but came home on day 2 all dizzy with stomach pains so I let him have a plain omelette that night. Better to have that than he picks at crisps, biscuits etc which are still lurking in the cupboards until DS eats them all. Then it's rice cakes for him (which is actually likes). Anyway he has been having an omelette every night and he has lost 8lbs in 4 days :). I have lost 4.5lbs so not bad although he is boasting that he has done better than me. I always set my WI day for a Friday then if I nibble at a weekend I have the rest of the week to be 100% and have a good loss.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, hope all is good with you.

Claire x

My weight has got to the point I am morbidly obese, now before I would say in my head I'm 'technically morbidly obese' but there is no 'technically' about it.

I used to tell myself EXACTLY the same thing! I've just read through your whole diary and you are an inspiration! I'm on Exante for the second time, having tried CD, SW, WW, Dukan, Atkins and calorie counting. CD and Exante are the only ones that have worked for me. I lost 7st before on CD/Exante but I gained it all back because I didn't work up the plans and just went back to eating the way I did before.

I tried Exante again and lost 4st 5lbs in 13 weeks, but then fooled myself into thinking I could lose the rest on WW. I ended up gaining it all back again. This time is the last time! I'm determined to stay 100%, and although this is only Day 4 for me, I've been 100% and I intend to stay that way for as long as I can!

I'll keep up with your diary as I would like to see how you do.

Keep it up hun! xxx

Hello diary, sorry I have been neglecting you, the children haven't been well, with the six children it's a bit like a domino effect when one gets ill!:p

Hi Clairebear, thanks for asking:), I'm fine,has been a bit of a hectic week! but I have still been 100% how are you getting on? How's your hubby doing? Wow look at your bmi! 26.5 thats brilliant:D

Hi Elvira, thanks so much for your lovely post:flowers:. I know exactly what you mean about getting to a certain point with a vlcd then convincing yourself you can do the rest with ww or calorie counting or whatever, I know that they can and do work for people, but for me errrrm no:eek: I'm also determined to stay 100%, I know that if I don't it'll be a slippery slope, I can convince myself almost anything is a good idea:eek: so I'm not giving myself any choices at all. This is it. And can I say very very well done on doing the first week:D hopefully thats the worst part over with and you'll have a nice smooth ride on the exante wagon now:D

Well, I am now in week 4 woo hoo! I weighed yesterday and it was 2lbs off. I know it's not as high as some people, but I'm very happy with it:D This diet will work, and the weight will come off whenever it wants to, and that's just fine by me:) Husband also weighed in and lost another 5lbs, he's doing so well. He is so happy with his weight loss and how different he looks now, in fact it's been a bit eye opening to me as I hadn't realised that he was unhappy/uncomfortable with his weight, it's made me feel a bit:( to think he wasn't happy when I have always found him utterly gorgeous, but I'm thrilled he's done this and is so much happier now (I do adore that man:love:)

Hi Elvira, thanks so much for your lovely post:flowers:. I know exactly what you mean about getting to a certain point with a vlcd then convincing yourself you can do the rest with ww or calorie counting or whatever, I know that they can and do work for people, but for me errrrm no:eek: I'm also determined to stay 100%, I know that if I don't it'll be a slippery slope, I can convince myself almost anything is a good idea:eek: so I'm not giving myself any choices at all. This is it. And can I say very very well done on doing the first week:D hopefully thats the worst part over with and you'll have a nice smooth ride on the exante wagon now:D

Well, I am now in week 4 woo hoo! I weighed yesterday and it was 2lbs off. I know it's not as high as some people, but I'm very happy with it:D This diet will work, and the weight will come off whenever it wants to, and that's just fine by me:) Husband also weighed in and lost another 5lbs, he's doing so well. He is so happy with his weight loss and how different he looks now, in fact it's been a bit eye opening to me as I hadn't realised that he was unhappy/uncomfortable with his weight, it's made me feel a bit:( to think he wasn't happy when I have always found him utterly gorgeous, but I'm thrilled he's done this and is so much happier now (I do adore that man:love:)

You are so welcome, and well done you on another great week! The same thing is true of my OH - he's gained a bit of a belly since being with me, and I never realised how much he hated it, but he's on the treadmill everyday now and watching what he eats. I'm so proud of him. He's being really encouraging - it's so much easier when you have the love of a good man to keep you going! xxx

You are absolutely right elvira about the love of a good man:D Though I sometimes wonder if I would've let myself get this big if he hadn't been so fab........he has never said a mean word to me and has always accepted me and loved me as I am, so losing weight has never been a top priority iyswim?

Soooo day 24 today, still keeping 100%:) though I think I am really retaining water at the moment, no idea why though:hmm: I haven't had anything to cause it and I have been drinking plenty, strange:confused:

I'm just catching up with the biggest losers, I do find watching it very inspiring (though in previous years I have been known to watch it whilst chomping on a take away:eek::eek:) It has been making me think a lot about maintenance though, and I'll admit it really worries me:( Not least because I can't do any exercise, and everyone always says how crucial that is to losing weight and keeping it off

I did see a diet I really liked the look of for maintenance though (and it appeals to husband too) the intermittant diet. Where you restrict calories to under 500 on two days and eat normally (but obviously not go overboard) the rest of the time, and it has been recommended by doctors so it is safe. It is possible to lose weight like this so it might work for me for maintenance? I really think it is something I could stick to long term, but obviously I think when I get there (if I get there) I will have to experiment a bit to see what works for me

For now I just need to keep my head down and keep myself 100% and get this weight reduced (not lost, I don't want to find it again:p)

You are absolutely right elvira about the love of a good man:D Though I sometimes wonder if I would've let myself get this big if he hadn't been so fab........he has never said a mean word to me and has always accepted me and loved me as I am, so losing weight has never been a top priority iyswim?

I totally see what you mean - I'm sure I wouldn't have gained so much weight (and neither would he!) if we weren't so happy! It's unfortunately what being content does to you. By the way, I had to look up what 'iyswim' meant - I'm not down with the kids!

I've been watching The Biggest Loser and thinking about maintenance too. I don't really cook much, and I want to get into that after I finish on Exante. I'm considering joining the Biggest Loser Club to lose the remaining 2st - they have loads of delicious low calorie recipes. I'll obviously work my way back up the Exante plans first - don't want to gain loads by switching due to the sudden introduction of carbs! I'm not an exercise fan, but I'm thinking of taking up salsa dancing once I've got my confidence back. I love dancing - I'm not very good at it but I love it! Salsa is meant to burn a hell of a lot of calories and keep you in shape. I think it would be the perfect exercise for me - fun, and it wouldn't feel like exercise! I doubt I'll ever be a gym fanatic. I might learn to swim properly and take that up too.

For now I just need to keep my head down and keep myself 100% and get this weight reduced (not lost, I don't want to find it again):p

I love that! Reduced not lost - I love that way of looking at it. I think of mine as getting rid of a squatter haha! x

Hi elvira, thanks for asking:) (I am loving your diary)

I had a bit of an up and down day yesterday, diet wise things are still going well:D day 26 today and still 100%. But as I said before I have started taking more care of myself, so last night another bath/body scrub/body butter and I took the time to really look at myself...and I just cannot believe what I've done to my body:cry::( How could I let myself get like this? How did I not 'notice' how bad things had got?:( It was a bit of a shock (especially my legs:eek:) it shouldn't be, but I guess I have avoiding noticing up until now

So yes, felt pretty bad:( But onwards and downwards now, I am doing something about it now, and however 'bad' I look after the weightloss it cannot be as bad as now, and I will be so much healthier

So denial over, and now I can get on with getting where I need to be:)

I love your diary too! :D

I know what you mean about not taking care of yourself. I look at the lumps and bumps, particularly on my thighs, and I'm disgusted, but I know they will gradually disappear.

I've just decided to take better care of my skin. I've asked H2B to get me some lovely Body Shop facial goodies for Valentine's Day. He was stumped for ideas, bless him - to be fair, I am so hard to buy for and he usually gets it right! I've been really lucky - I always get compliments on my skin but I never use anything on it. I clean my make-up off with baby wipes - that's the extent of my facial routine! I'd like to start cleansing and toning, and to have some good moisturiser.

Bath, body scrub and body butter sounds blissful! I might do that tonight. I have a huge bottle of cocoa butter lotion that I rarely use so I'll crack that out! I have work all weekend :( I work at Primark and it's back-breaking. Literally. So coming home each night and treating myself to a pampering session would be heavenly!

26 days!!! I can't wait until I hit the 20 days mark. You are going great guns! xx

Great idea about the goodies for valentines day, it's so hard to think of things to get when everything always seems to revolve around food:p

There's a code at the moment for 40% off everything at the body shop including sale stuff (it's 40OFF I think) so I've stocked up on body butters and scrubs really cheaply, and I have to say I am really enjoying a bit of pampering:D Sounds like you definitely deserve it after work and studying too! xxx

Hello again Loved-up, just wanted to say that you are doing really well and congratulations on sticking to it 100%.

Dont worry about how you look and how you could have let your body become the way it has. You are noticing now and more importantly, you are doing something about it and in no time, the weight will go. I had been overweight for so may years, that I think I had forgotten how it felt to be slimmer. I cannot describe how wonderful it feels (even though I am still in the overwieght bracket!).

Once you start to go down the clothes sizes, you will hopefully be motivated to keep going. You are right to treat yourself, you deserve it!!

Good luck in the week ahead and looking forward to hearing how the 'reductions' are coming along.

Thanks frannie, what a lovely supportive post:D I'm so pleased you feel great now your slimmer, I might get there one day lol

Right, ok, so it is now day....27, I'm starting to lose track but at least I've got my star chart to keep me up to date:eek::p still 100% woo hoo!

The husband and I went out today, now normally that would mean coffee and cake and probably dinner out or a take away. Instead we finished off by going to sainsburys and stocking up on water:D felt so good be so in control but we did get some very strange looks at our trolley full of water:p

I have just had my 'dinner', I ordered some samples of the slim and save meals just out of curiosity, and mmmmm I love them! I really love exante but I think I might order a few for a bit of variety (I am being very careful though to make sure I'm getting the right balance of vitamins/protein/fat/carbs, I'm doing this for my health so no way am I going to take any risks)

Still have one pack to go today, I just can't believe I don't ever feel hungry at all, the diet is amazing:D

Oh yes and all the pampering seems to be paying off, my skin is lovely:eek: it's the best it's ever been

Today is the beginning of week 5:D which means I have done 4 weeks of total solution at 100%:D

Weighed in this morning, and have reduced my weight;) by another 3 lbs, making a total of 1st 5lbs for the 4 wks, Very very happy with that:D

I also woke up today and really noticed the change in me, don't get me wrong... I am so far from goal and being slim it's just a dot on the horizon:p but I can tell now that my body is changing:) feels good!

I measured myself today too and have lost 3" off my bust, 3" off my waist and 3.5" off my hips. Again still a long way and a lot of inches to go but yay:D

So as you can gather I'm in a pretty good mood today:p:D

Oops nearly forgot:eek: husband is doing great too, another 5.5lbs off for him this week....making a total of 2st 5lbs in 4 weeks:eek::rolleyes::p

Right off to celebrate with a cup of peppermint tea:D

Wow brilliant, keep up the good work you are doing brilliantly :)

Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys:D

It is now day 31:) but I did eat last night:eek: however I'm still counting it as being 100%, I'm in week 5 so according to exante I should be having add a meal week. I wasn't going to bother to be honest but I started having some gall bladder pain last night (I always do when I'm losing weight:() so I decided to have some chicken breast. It was great, I thought about it, planned it, ate only what I was 'allowed' and it didn't trigger me to want anything else:D so very pleased. I'm not sure if I'll have anything else this week, I think I will wait and see

It's february now, lets see if I can get through the month 100%:D

Your still 100% in my eyes!

Valentine's Day falls in my week 5 so I'm doing AAMW then so I can eat with H2B. I'm looking forward to eating in a controlled manner, and testing my willpower! Xx

Thanks elvira, I have to admit I have been feeling a little bit guilty about it! I put a sticker on my 100% chart and kept saying to the husband "are you sure I deserve this?" "have I really been 100%?" "should I take that sticker off?" hehe I don't think he knew quite how mad I was before he married me:p It's made me feel a lot better that you don't think I've 'cheated':flowers:

Great idea about valentines day, I totally get what you mean about testing your willpower, I'm sure yours will be great though:D

Back