Loving the tape measure!

Discussion in 'Exante' started by slinkybride2be, 22 June 2011 Social URL.

1. slinkybride2be

slinkybride2be Silver Member

On week 5 now and lost 1st 6lbs so thought I would take some measurements today and I have lost;

-3cms off my arms
    -6cm off my chest
    -8cm off my stomach
    -4cm off my hips
    -9cm off my thighs!!
    -5cm off my calves

So it really does pay to measure! Although I can see the loss on the scales and numerous people have commented on my weight loss, I just couldn't see it myself when looking in the mirror or by comparing photos! So the tape measure is my new best friend and has given me a real boost whilst trying to get back in ketosis after my very naughty weekend! x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. losingit

losingit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(25.37%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    I am smaller on the tape measure too, i think. I find it hard to measure myself accurately and get very different measurements each time even though i try to remember the exact place i measured before. It is getting easier now i'm smaller, when i was 18 stone i had so many wobbly bits i had no idea where to measure (top stomach, bottom stomach, middle stomach, biggest part, smallest part, which all changed based on if i had my underwear on or not which was squeezing the fat in lol).

I am definitely smaller though and i do measure, but can't get very exact results.

Anyway, congratulations on the loss... keep up the good work ;)

4. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I love measuring!!! I've lost 4 stone and over 20 inches now! x

5. justgina

justgina taking it 1 day at a time

Start Weight:
    12st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(7.95%)
    Diet:
    IF/5:2/juddd......
    Measuring is great, especially when the scales don't show much of a loss. Unfortunately I didn't get around to it until this morning but I nevertheless expect to see a huge improvement in 21lbs time.

6. Bobbi

Bobbi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.91%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    They are impressive losses especially your tummy and thighs. Good on you!

7. ilovebiochem

ilovebiochem Full Member

I agree - in fact I'm only using the tape measure! No scales for me. I don't care what I weigh, only how I look. Haha I'm so vain! But that's part of the reason most of us are here I guess.

Anyway, I'm on my fourth day and couldn't resist a peak at the tape measure this morning - I'm already down an inch in my waist and nearly two inches around my hips (I'm only tracking bust/waist/hips). I'm a very happy girl this morning!

8. doublehappy

doublehappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    None
    Well done ilovebiochem!! I only did my first lot of measurements yesterday, I don't usually bother because it's the weight on the scales I'm interested in but seeing everyone's fabulous losses I thought I'd join in!! Xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.