Loving the tape measure!

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
On week 5 now and lost 1st 6lbs so thought I would take some measurements today and I have lost;

-3cms off my arms
-6cm off my chest
-8cm off my stomach
-4cm off my hips
-9cm off my thighs!!
-5cm off my calves

So it really does pay to measure! Although I can see the loss on the scales and numerous people have commented on my weight loss, I just couldn't see it myself when looking in the mirror or by comparing photos! So the tape measure is my new best friend and has given me a real boost whilst trying to get back in ketosis after my very naughty weekend! x

I am smaller on the tape measure too, i think. I find it hard to measure myself accurately and get very different measurements each time even though i try to remember the exact place i measured before. It is getting easier now i'm smaller, when i was 18 stone i had so many wobbly bits i had no idea where to measure (top stomach, bottom stomach, middle stomach, biggest part, smallest part, which all changed based on if i had my underwear on or not which was squeezing the fat in lol).

I am definitely smaller though and i do measure, but can't get very exact results.

Anyway, congratulations on the loss... keep up the good work ;)

Measuring is great, especially when the scales don't show much of a loss. Unfortunately I didn't get around to it until this morning but I nevertheless expect to see a huge improvement in 21lbs time.

I agree - in fact I'm only using the tape measure! No scales for me. I don't care what I weigh, only how I look. Haha I'm so vain! But that's part of the reason most of us are here I guess.

Anyway, I'm on my fourth day and couldn't resist a peak at the tape measure this morning - I'm already down an inch in my waist and nearly two inches around my hips (I'm only tracking bust/waist/hips). I'm a very happy girl this morning!

Well done ilovebiochem!! I only did my first lot of measurements yesterday, I don't usually bother because it's the weight on the scales I'm interested in but seeing everyone's fabulous losses I thought I'd join in!! Xxx

Back