Low Cal/Low Carb during the week

lefthandside78

Hi All,
I have devised my own diet plan, which I know isn't really recommended, but I am getting all of my nutrients etc and checking this on MyFitnessPal!
Anyway, I am just wondering whether anyone else has had success doing something similar!
Sunday-Thursday I am eating between 600-800 cals, carbs below 60g and everything is low fat. I'm having three meals a day (at least one is an Exante shake) in the evening I have meat or fish and a plateful of veg. However at the weekends I will have a few carbs and have a few drinks, still monitoring cals and carbs but these levels will be more than during the week - eg last Saturday I had 2000 cals and 120g carbs - this included alcohol!!
I started this last Monday and Monday-Friday last week I dropped 7lbs, over the weekend I gained 2lbs, official weigh in was this Monday so total loss for the week was 5lbs.
I weighed myself this morning (I know I shouldn't!) and had gained another pound!!!
I'm hoping by next Monday I'll be happy with the scales!
Anyway, has anyone done anything similar? Successfully or not successfully?
Any advice would be great
Thanks!

Can I just say (in case anyone else is doing the same) switching from low cal/low carb to high cal/high carb each half a week would leave your body in a state. Our bodies need to know where we are at.

Back