Low Calorie Cooking for One

PinkPuffin

Am just starting my 1,200 calorie "Exante Simple Solutions" diet tomorrow (3 shakes and 600 calories of food).

I am really nervous as I know nothing about counting calories! Could anyone suggest a book or a website where I could get information on calorie counted meals for one person? There are plenty of books on Amazon, but the recipes are all for 4-8 people!! :rolleyes:

I have just joined the Boots Diets website on a free 7 day trial, so will "borrow" a few recipes from there :D

Thanks

I struggle with this aswell.... I tend to buy the plastic boxes from tesco's put left over portions in them and then put it in the freezer.

That way when your feeling lazy, and can't be bothered you've got a quick, healthy, home made ready meal to bung in the microwave :)

Yeah, I do that with soup, but don't usually have the energy to cook home-made stuff (have got M.E.). Sometimes there are ideas in magazines for one-person quick meals, but not very often.

BTW...you should change your profile name! You have lost 21lbs!!! :happy096:

PinkPuffin said:
Yeah, I do that with soup, but don't usually have the energy to cook home-made stuff (have got M.E.). Sometimes there are ideas in magazines for one-person quick meals, but not very often.

BTW...you should change your profile name! You have lost 21lbs!!! :happy096:

Lol thank you! I seemed to have hit that wall at the moment where I've just maintained for the last 3 months.... Better than gaining I suppose! I seemed to have lost weight from everywhere except my back side unfortunatly!!! Gggrrrr!

I do find that I tend to eat the same dinners 2 days in a row alot, which probably isn't too good. I make alot of casserole type dinners where a whole onion and a tin of choppers tomatoes (chicken or turkey and what ever veg I have) will make two portions. I tend to have it with a jacket potato one day and brown rice the next!

I make alot of soup also.... I use the cheap seasonal stew veg pack, with an extra onion and some garlic.

On another note Birdseye do a simply fish range which are nice one person individual portions that are pretty good!

Hi Lotty
Thanks for the tips there. Yes, I use the Bird's Eye Simply Fish packets as well. They are REALLY nice!!

I know exactly what you mean about not losing weight off ya' bum. I have had a big bum all my life, and even when I have lost this weight, it will still be big....that is just my genes I think, as my mum is exactly the same shape!!! :rolleyes:

Stir fry is a good one person tea? You have total portion control :) and no two are ever the same lol if you keep garlic chilli an ginger in the fridge then your always good to hit the wok ;)

Back