Low-carb breakfast suggestions!

Discussion in 'CD 1000-maintenance' started by tisseltass, 9 May 2011 Social URL.

1. tisseltass

tisseltass Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.39%)
    Does anyone have any ideas for breakfast that are really low carb? I think this is the meal that is hardest (and the most important to keep the carbs down) when moving from SS. Scrambled eggs, yoghurt with berries, cottage cheese? I just, I really don't like the sakes for breakfast, if you are combining your diet. I really like my oatmeal with raisins, but it's to heavy on the carbs, I get ridiculously hungry. =(

Any great ideas? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Fish - Kippers (boil in the bag type)
    Bacon & Egg
    Ham

4. herewego

herewego Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Plain yogurt is reasonably low in carbs and you can sweeten it with berries. Boiled egg on seeded wholegrain bread keeps me full up.

I also make porridge out of oat bran which is higher in both protein and fibre and therefore keeps you going longer.

Omelette - Mushroom, ham, tomato - the choices are endless :)

5. mummyoftwo2

mummyoftwo2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    109.8kg
    Current Weight:
    71.2kg
    Goal Weight:
    74.8kg
    Lost(%):
    38.6kg(35.12%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hi,since getting to my goal weight I have tried to follow few tips from the Dukan diet and they are working for me so you may try t.
    I have porridge in the morning made with 1 1/2 tablespoon oat bran and skimmed milk, The fibre content will keep you full. An omelette is also a good choice for breakfast, you don't have to go for conventional breakfast cereals ,as I said oatbran is quite good and taste like porridge(well is better that nothing).

Good luck with your maintenance.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.