Low carb Low cal/diabetic friendly recipes & suggestions

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Ive posted these elsewhere on the forum but I thought we should have our section for recipes, with carb and calorie counts if possible, to keep it 'in the family' :)

Yoghurt Jelly

Yoghurt Jelly, one of my favourite sweet treats.

1 170g pot of Total 0% Greek yoghurt
1 sachet of Hartleys sugar free jelly

Make up the jelly with a quarter pint boiling water and stir to dissolve. Mix the yoghurt in really well till all smooth then top up with cold water to 1 pint. Divide into 3 pots (i reuse the yoghurt pots for this, I keep them all to make jellies in).

Each portion contains 45 cals and around 2.5 carbs

Spicy Celeriac Chips

This is one of my favourite veg, and celeriac is low in net carbs. However Ive googled the carb value and every site seems to give a differnt value for it. I think this comes out at about 15 carbs for a portion but the net carbs may be a lot lower.

Take half a medium celeriac, peel it and cut into chip shaped pieces. Boil for 2 minutes only then drain and let dry off for a couple minutes.

Spray with one cal spray and sprinkle over a dessertspoon of curry powder. PLace in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Makes a lovely portion of spicy sweet tasting chips that are around 70 cals and 15 carbs a portion.

Chocolate Mousse

Ok this isnt a recipe, its a suggestion for if you really like to have an occasional chocolate dessert.

Tesco Lighter Choice Chocolate Mousses work out at 75 cals and 12 carbs each, and are really cheap. A pack of 6 cost just 75p, so 12.5p each

Just a very quick suggestion. If you really want a pizza, rather than blowing your bg out of the water, use aubergine sliced lengthways as the base and top with your fave toppings.
Difficult to say what the carbs/cals will be as everyone would have different toppings I would guess.:)

Yoghurt Jelly, one of my favourite sweet treats.

1 170g pot of Total 0% Greek yoghurt
1 sachet of Hartleys sugar free jelly

Make up the jelly with a quarter pint boiling water and stir to dissolve. Mix the yoghurt in really well till all smooth then top up with cold water to 1 pint. Divide into 3 pots (i reuse the yoghurt pots for this, I keep them all to make jellies in).

Each portion contains 45 cals and around 2.5 carbs

Must try this....thanks

Back