Lozza's Exante Diary: The Last Stone!!

So tomorrow (or I should say later today) I'm going out with a few friends for one of their birthdays. It will involve shopping, movies and a lot of FOOD. Heaven knows if I will be able to cope. :(

Because we're more comfortable with our bodies at this point....? Because we just lurve food??? ;) xx

I'll have to agree with both points! Especially the first one. It has been quite interesting the last couple of weeks. A few days ago, a friend of mine, who is quite wide and athletic in her build, confided in me that she felt very unfeminine next to this slimmer lad she is dating. I empathized with her, saying my 6ft height made me also feel very "manly". And then she goes "but you're so willowy". Willowy? I never thought I would hear that word to describe myself! :eek:I kinda looked at myself then looked back at her in a way as to suggest she'd clearly lost the plot.

Today, this lady I'm very friendly with on the campus spots me going out and says "Hey look at you! Now I remember when I was slim..." which I thought was lovely of her to say. Most likely because she seems me in my sweats and joggers 99% of the time! I just never thought I'd be one of those girls people would look at as a reminiscent example of their skinnier self!

And also today, well, my mate said I had sexy legs but she's my mate she'll say anything. :p But more importantly, I have become accustomed to wearing shorts outside in public without completely cringing about my flabby thighs! Dare I say, they are quite acceptable for public display. This is something old Lozza would not have even contemplated this time last summer!

I wonder to myself why everyone around me can see this fantastic slim figure and I can't. Is it just me being my own worst critic or has my mind not caught up yet with my body? Or maybe something entirely different. Something to ponder about. :)

Ok, it's not a bad craving. But I really want another exante bar lol! I've been out all day at a job interview and they held us in there waiting, making us do tests, but mainly waiting, for SIX hours without any food or water. I'm surprised I didn't run to the nearest Mc Donalds once I got out! I had one bar this morning and some fish and lamb with veggies when I got back. I just really want another bar, sigh...

Hi guys! So today I headed off to the 'Curves' gym today to see what it was like and my verdict is that it looks really promising! :) The gym seems to be mainly strength training based and so it seems I shall have to add in more cardio another way, perhaps walking or starting dance classes. Nonetheless the atmosphere was very friendly and they definitely didn't shy away from showing off the successes they produced! I was skeptical about whether 30 mins would be enough but at the end of the workout it definitely wasn't easy and this is coming from a young and relatively healthy person! My only qualm is that since the Curves workout is very fast-paced where you jump from station to station, the strength training equipment are all on a fixed setting. So what happens when you have become stronger later on in the training and as a result you want to increase the weights? In addition they only recommend going 3x a week which I don't think is enough. Talking to the current members seemed to echo my thoughts about Curve: The result will be that you become very toned, but you won't develop an athletic build! Which is fine by me, since I'm not looking to be the next Xena Warrior Princess. Clearly this gym is aimed at women with busy lives looking to slim down, but not necessarily become sporty-fit. I still wonder if it's better to join a gym where I can adjust the weights to my ability and find more cardio. Therefore, I think more exploring of different gyms is necessary.

On the other hand, the trainer did my body measurements today! I was quite pleased with the result as it seems I had become smaller yet again which was very unexpected given the terrible last 2 weeks. :eek: As an induction she took my current measurements now and discussed with me where I would like to be as a goal. I told her I would like to be a size 10 so after pulling out a chart of guidelines this is what advised it would take to reach this target:

Current BUST: 36.5 in. Goal BUST: 34 in. (-2.5 in, but would preferably like to lose none! :()
Current WAIST: 29 in. (whoop! :D) Goal WAIST: 27 in. (-2 in)
Current ABDOMEN: 39 in. :mad: Goal ABDOMEN: 35 in. (-4 in :eek:)
Current HIPS: 39.5 in. Goal HIPS: 36 in. (-3.5 in....f***!)
Current THIGHS: 23 in. Goal THIGHS: 21 in. (-1 in.)
Current ARMS: 11.25 in. No goal arms.
Current BODY FAT %: 24. Goal BODY FAT %: 18 (-6%)

In other news, it's almost the end of day 3 of my restart and I'm feeling pretty good here! I'm not desperately hungry (only a little) but I suppose that is because I'm on WS now. I've not caved in to junk food so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself! I would love to see this week through successfully!!

Lozza xxx

Day 5 of my WS restart and things are going well. I have been 100% so far :) Sometime last week I weighed myself and I jumped up to 12 stone 6 again!! I wonder if the previous week's WI was a blip or something :mad:. Nonetheless I've been monitoring my weight since the restart on wednesday and I've dropped back down to 12 stone 1 again, and the week is not over yet so I'm a happy bunny! :D Getting closer and closer to the 11s aaahhh!! :eek:

Rebirth_Lozza said:
Day 5 of my WS restart and things are going well. I have been 100% so far :) Sometime last week I weighed myself and I jumped up to 12 stone 6 again!! I wonder if the previous week's WI was a blip or something :mad:. Nonetheless I've been monitoring my weight since the restart on wednesday and I've dropped back down to 12 stone 1 again, and the week is not over yet so I'm a happy bunny! :D Getting closer and closer to the 11s aaahhh!! :eek:

Well done for getting back on it and getting back to 12.1. I think you'll be in the 11's in the next few days for sure ;-)

I bet it's really hard being a student and trying to diet! So well done and keep going!! X

Well done for getting back on it and getting back to 12.1. I think you'll be in the 11's in the next few days for sure ;-)

I bet it's really hard being a student and trying to diet! So well done and keep going!! X
Thanks yeah it is but I'm back home now and the difference is amazing!:eek: The urge to binge like before has lessened significantly. :)

Sneaky mid-week hop on the scales today and weighed in at 11 stone 13.4 lbs! Aaaah! :D

Bad day. I was so close to an 100% week until today. I had a sleepover at a friend's house and had one exante bar. But then instead of having my 2 shakes I had 2 lamb sausages, a burger, ketchup, fries, pitta bread, 2 hobnobs and a slice of chocolate cake!! :mad: I felt it was rude if I didn't eat what they offered me but there must be some way of getting out of these sorts of situations?? :(

On the other hand I have apparently grown 2 inches since last year so I am now 6" 2!!!! Crikey!!! Please let the the growth spurts stop now though. :eek:

I need to catch up with posting my WIs! I'm slacking a bit here.

Week 7: 12stone 6.6lbs (+5.8lbs, no idea either)/
Week 8: 12stone 1.0lbs (-5.6lbs. :))

Now on week 9 :D

A bit disappointed since I WI'ed mid-week and saw I was 11stone 13.6lbs. I thought I could tick off another mini goal but looks like not just yet!

:eek: 6'2"???? You'll be able to join the circus soon...;)xx

I know! I last measured myself last aug and I was 6ft then. I know you can keep growing until you're 25 but I was pretty convinced I stopped until recently! So I've adjusted my stats on here accordingly. Hopefully the hormones are done doing their thing and will lay to rest. :p

Woop! Loving the sunshine! :D Hope it keeps up!

I haven't posted in awhile, I am becoming lazy! Tut tut. Here's just a quick update.

Friday - Absolutely appalling. We'll be here all day if I reeled off the list of crap I ate.

Saturday - Much better but still could be improved! I had 2 shakes, a chicken leg and spinach with veggies.:) I also had a few spoonfuls of apple pie with ambrosia and lemon moon cake. :(

Today - I got myself a free 5-day gym trial so I activated it today and will be going for the next 4 days too! Exercise consisted of:

Cardio - Bike w/ moderate pace for 15 mins + treadmill w/1 min jog and 1 min sprint for 16 mins.

Strength training - Chest press, Lat pulldown, Seated row, shoulder press, bicep curl, tricep pulldown and leg press w/2 x 15 reps

Core training - 30 ab crunches w/swiss ball + 30 oblique crunches w/ swiss ball (feel I should double it though?)

And that's my plan for the rest of the week. Next week I'll then amp it up to a more intermediate level. :eek:

The food choices I made today, were not the BEST. I had 2 shakes, a chicken leg, a samosa, 2 onion bhajis and a spinach paprika. Then I spoiled my good running streak and picked a few sweeties from the pick n mix jar and THEN I went out and bought two Millie's Cookie's cookie whirls which I'm sure have as many calories as a whole meal!

Tomorrow...always tomorrow. :p

listen lovely. I think you look phenomenal. You are 6ft 2, you could probably firm up where you want to firm up simply by eating well and cutting out refined sugars/starches and going to the gym. Maybe youre being too hard on yourself with TS and its causing these binges, the worst thing you could do is swing between 600 cals a day and upwards of 3000. Its not healthy sweety, and i just wanna give you a cuddle ! x

listen lovely. I think you look phenomenal. You are 6ft 2, you could probably firm up where you want to firm up simply by eating well and cutting out refined sugars/starches and going to the gym. Maybe youre being too hard on yourself with TS and its causing these binges, the worst thing you could do is swing between 600 cals a day and upwards of 3000. Its not healthy sweety, and i just wanna give you a cuddle ! x
Hi Paula! Oh I've moved on from TS to WS quite awhile ago. :) It's the right time to do so anyway since I'm not too far off now.

Thanks for the hugs! :D I do feel a bit of pressure to lose the weight quickly now because 1) money - I don't have a lot of it! and :(2) hair loss - I've noticed my hair has been thinning out lately and I acknowledge this is a side effect of a VLCD. My hair has never been good at growing out even when I wasn't on a low-cal diet so it does worry me that I will soon approach baldness if I don't get a move on! :p

How's it going for you? No headaches or pains I hope? :) I'll be watching your progress with interest! xxx

slight headache, but just started a new mini pill so could be that also i suppose? took a couple of ibuprofen and will be going to bed shortly :)

im doing ok, first day down! probably 60 more to go haha x

slight headache, but just started a new mini pill so could be that also i suppose? took a couple of ibuprofen and will be going to bed shortly :)

im doing ok, first day down! probably 60 more to go haha x

Well done for getting through your first day! One day at a time, you can do it. I saw your goal dress and it looks stunning! Lovely tiny waist and everything! Maybe I should scour the internet for a target dress too haha. :D

Ew! Rain! Why!? It was so boiling hot yesterday I could just sit and melt and now there's thunder?!?! :confused: Typical UK weather. :rolleyes: Day 3 of my 5-day gym start. I can feel my muscles aching from the last 2 days, probably because I'm so unconditioned! I can see why my brother loves going to the gym all the time now. I get such a high after a session and feel so re-energized for the rest of the day! Could I be catching THE infamous gym-bug? Lol! :D So far I've had one shake, then for dinner I am goingto have a chicken leg with some brown basmati rice. I usually would stay away from the rice, but I'm just going to take it a bit easier on myself now and not get so paranoid about every bit of carb that passes my lips. :p Of course, sugar treats are still a no. :(

I really don't want to WI this week since I've had 2 mass binges, TOTM and possible increase in muscle mass all against me. :(

Know the feeling missy - TOTM plus ice-cream, McDonalds, baguette and doughnut all conspiring against me. Muscle mass not so much ;). I will if you will....? xx

Back