Lozza's Exante Diary: The Last Stone!!

Rebirth_Lozza

Hi everyone!! :sign0144:

My nickname is Lozza and I'm a first year university student! :wavey:After looking at some pretty gruesome prom pictures of myself I started off on Lighter life and lost a good 2 stone off that. But then I began my first term of uni and the new experience of student life, drinks, takeaways and overall junk caused me to slip up.:sign0007: It was also becoming extremely expensive for my very tiny student purse to handle! So I stopped it around xmas time and come the new year, I decided to give slimming world a go. But after 2 1/2 months the weight simply wasn't shifting probably due to my circumstances since I couldn't cook a lot of my own food. :eek:

I've had 2 days off just enjoying my easter. Now I'm all geared up to start getting down to business! During my diet journey this past year, my lowest weight was 12st 7lbs. However I reckon I've put on about 9-10lbs back on.:eek: My first goal is to lose the weight I gained and then progress from there to my overall target of 11 stone. I will probably need to dip a bit below that to compensate the small weight gain I'll have when I come off the diet but I'll worry about that when I get there.:)

My bumper back should be coming tomorrow :D! I've been mentally preparing myself to enter ketosis for the last couple of days. I'm ready. Initially, I had a niggling voice at the back of my head. "Will you like what you see when you're thinner?" I suppose I've never been the typical skinny girl so I've come to be familiar and comfortable with my chubbier self most of my life. Leaving this body behind is like leaving a friend! And it feels like I'm venturing into the unknown, into this new version of "me" that I've never really experienced before. But then I say to myself 'No, I WANT to be slimmer because then I will have the confidence to express myself to the fullest, without boundaries inflicted by either myself or others. This chubby body is not me, and I want to be free of it!' :superwoman:

I'm going away on my first holiday with just friends to Jamaica this September:bliss: and I want it to be one of the best and most memorable experiences of my life! There's no way I'm covering up at the beach!! I really want to reach a weight where I'll be comfortable in a bikini for that time. Jamaica is just an excuse to give myself a deadline and motivate me. I intend to maintain my weight loss for the rest of my life afterwards and be happy in my own skin.

Whilst mentally preparing for ketosis, I've reflected back on my past experiences with LL and SW and things I did wrong that I want to rectify for this time around. One big point was that SW didn't compliment my lifestyle, and so it was probably doomed to fail since the beginning. After doing some research around sites and of course MiniMins, Exante has a lot a promise and seems perfect. I never liked going to groups or having to take hours out of my day when I had an assignment in the following day! I also had a thing about not drinking enough water. So to help, I'm going to fill some bottles of water and keep down by my desk and make sure I drink all the bottles before I go to bed. It's exam time right now, so I know I won't have enough time to go to a gym. But I want to at least have an early morning walk in the park to refresh myself for the day's revision.

I'm a bit worried that my prescription for my acne might affect my ketosis, but I'll power through anyway and hope for the best. :eek:

As soon as my pack arrives, I'll post my current weight and body measurements. And of course, the dreaded 'Before' picture.:( For the record, I am currently a size 14 and aiming to get down to a size 10.

So there you have it. I look forward to getting to know you all! :talk017:

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck....not that you need it by the sound of your post. You sound totally in the right frame of mind for this!!

xxx

Toots said:
Welcome and good luck....not that you need it by the sound of your post. You sound totally in the right frame of mind for this!!

xxx

Thank you toots! Yes, i'm feeling very motivated to succeed. Love your name by the way! Xxx

Morning!

I got an email from Exante saying my pack won't be here until tomorrow. So I guess I have one more day to prepare until I start! I'm not going to go out on an entire binge today! I did though get some cheesecake to eat later, my favorite dessert, so I can get any tempting feelings out of my system lol.:D

So I measured myself today and here they are!

Starting body measurements:
Bust - 38 in
Waist - 33 in
Hips 41 in

Weight:
13stone 5lbs (worse than I thought I was!!:eek:)

Oh well, it won't be there for long. :)

My "Before" pictures. :eek:

Wow, for "before" pics you're looking pretty hot, lady! Really good luck with it, enjoy your last supper of cheesecake :D

Wow, for "before" pics you're looking pretty hot, lady! Really good luck with it, enjoy your last supper of cheesecake :D

I wouldn't go as far as 'hot', but your thoughts are much appreciated. :eek:

Good luck with the plan chick. You are brave putting on pics...wish I could look as hot as you do at the start. No doubt you will look truly fabulous for your Jamaica holiday...I'll be aiming to borrow your bikini for when I go hehehe!!! (wouldn't get it over my wrist right now tho hehehe!)

Day 1

Thanks guys! Your support means a lot to me!

The packs finally arrived today so here's to day 1!:happy036: So far I've had 2 shakes and I plan on having the chocolate one around 6pm. They are really tasty! I've also had almost 2L of water so I'm going to keep at it. I'm not necessarily hungry but I have had some cravings for the remainder of my easter egg downstairs! :whistle:I'm an infamous choc-a-holic so I expected these sorts of initial cravings. And also from reading some of the messages on this site it seems the first 3 days are the hardest. But I wouldn't dare cheat on the first day lol!! I'm going to distract myself by doing some of that revision I should have done long ago, and drinking more water. Despite the fact I've been peeing like a fountain all day!!:eek:

Lozza xx

Day 1

Just had the chocolate shake and it was divine!!! So creamy and smooth!! 100 times better than the LL one was watery and left too many clumps. I managed to get my minimum 2.25L water in today but still aiming for 3L! I also had a nice 1 hour walk in the sunshine this morning. Mum offered to get me some KFC for dinner and I flat out refused, so feeling pretty content there! Really fancy like a boiled egg but I want to put my all into TS, at least for the first couple of days and then maybe revert to WS when I'm desperate lol! I'm going to have a little nap now because I feel a headache coming on. :( but overall today hasn't been too bad! A little hungry but I'm sure that'll pass by next week. Today has made me feel that target is such a long way off. But by thinking about my mini goals and reading the messages of support I'm feeling a little better about it. :D

Day 1 over and out.

Lozza xx

Last edited:
Day 2

Omg I'm sooooo happy today! I weighed myself (couldn't resist) and I've lost 4 lbs in just one day!!!! :banana dancer::party0011::wee::woohoo::bunnydance:My jaw dropped!! :eek:My stomach was rumbling all night and I couldn't sleep for 5 hours because of the hunger but I don't care anymore since I'm so happy at this early result!! I've just been beaming ever since. Eeeeek! :D I'm glad I gave into my own curiosity and looked at the scales because it has spurred me on to do well the rest of the week! :girlpower:

My 2 hour 'nap' turned out to be a full night's sleep:banghead: so I've got so much work to catch up on today it's kinda freaking me out!!:( But first I have a dentist's appointment this morning. It's quite a way so I'm going to leave early and walk there so that'll be my morning walk. I didn't manage to have my 3L water yesterday but I did have the minimum 2.25L so I'm going to try push it to 3 today.

Off on my walk now!

Lozza xxx

Hiya Lozza

You sound soooooo positive :)
That cheeky scale hop was a great idea, really does help you pull through the bad moments.
Well done on refusing the KFC xxx

Hiya Lozza

You sound soooooo positive :)
That cheeky scale hop was a great idea, really does help you pull through the bad moments.
Well done on refusing the KFC xxx

Thanks Clair! I'll be offering some of that positivity when I peak into your diary too :D

Day 2

Thank god day 2 is over!!

Today was tough! :eek:Started out with a banana shake, of which I could hardly taste the banana flavour might I add(!), and then walked to my dentist appointment. On the way I felt a really bad stomach cramp which I thought was weird because I had just had my shake? Anyway, the walk there and back took an hour and I managed to burn 231 kcal so over a third of my intake today :D. For lunch I had the vanilla shake and then afterwards I was sooooooooo hungry! It was unbearable! It got to the point where I couldn't concentrate on my studies anymore! To make things worse, dad was tempting me with beef mince and rice with veg and cheese which smelled gorgeous! I made my excuses, like I was busy working (honestly, no point reasoning with him as he disregards the fact that i'm dieting:rolleyes:) and decided to have a mug of green tea instead. It really helped to dissipate the hunger pangs. I think I just needed something 'warm' in my tummy to keep it happy. Something I'll remember for next time! ;)After that I was so occupied with work I neglected the fact that I was due to have my third shake. So my ability to cope may be improving? The headaches from yesterday are gone now, so that'll definitely help. Not looking forward to tonight though since last night I couldn't sleep due to the hunger. :eek: Hope that experience won't repeat itself.

Roll on day 3!

Lozza xxx

Hey Lozza, hope it's still going well? I too had a start BMI of just over 25 and have lost 12lbs in 2 weeks on Exante hoping to get to BMI 21. Similar story to you - lost loads on Cambridge but it crept back on :(. I have to say you look pretty fabulous in your "before" piccies, bet Jamaica will be awesome x

Well done for getting through someone waving cheesy mince at you!! :eek: Keep on truckin' mate, you're doing fab!! :D

Thanks CGP! How's it all going for you as well?

Hey Lozza, hope it's still going well? I too had a start BMI of just over 25 and have lost 12lbs in 2 weeks on Exante hoping to get to BMI 21. Similar story to you - lost loads on Cambridge but it crept back on :(. I have to say you look pretty fabulous in your "before" piccies, bet Jamaica will be awesome x

Hi Jubbly! It's great to find someone similar to you here to compare and encourage! 12lbs in 2 weeks in incredible, almost a stone in such a short space of time! Well done you!! Bet you're feeling and looking fab at the moment. :D

Back