LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

I did forget to say that yesterday I did another experiment. I reckon I was destined to be a science teacher and have missed my vocation in life.

Anyway, wore my heart rate monitor all day and in bed just to see how many calories I burned in a 24hr period. And the answer...2265 (and that was including a 300 calorie run).

There was good and bad news in that experiment.

The good news is I used to think the reason I was overweight was because my body didn't use up enough calories each day as it worked slower than everyone else's. Clearly not the case and my body burns about the standard 2000 calories per day.

The bad news is that yesterday was a lot more active than I would have been previously so if I slip back into my old ways, then I will gain weight again....no rocket science but just interesting to do.

Hmmnnn and what did Mr Rosie Rotunda reckon to that exciting bed wear?

M

See, now that you mention it M, I missed a trick there. I could have worked out the APs in some lovin' if I had a mind to it...but I didn't ;)

He'd been travelling since 6am yesterday morning so didn't reckon it would matter....and it didn't :(

well i didnt want to say but i was wondering exactly what you were planning to do in bed that needed a heart rate monitor!! ( and may have been just a little bit jealous:p)

...*really wants a monitor now* :p

hope you have a good weekend Rosie :) glad to see you're still cheerful :D

We have various caridac monitoring equipment items here I'm sure the docs won't mind lending you one or two in the interests of science next time lovin' is on the agenda. Perhaps check Mr Rosie's schedule first to make sure he is shall we say not physically challenged.

Are you at home this weekend?

M

We have various caridac monitoring equipment items here I'm sure the docs won't mind lending you one or two in the interests of science next time lovin' is on the agenda. Perhaps check Mr Rosie's schedule first to make sure he is shall we say not physically challenged.

Are you at home this weekend?

M

Yes, M - a rare occurrence in that I am at home for 2 weekends on the trot. Back up the road for Jen and Rach's do on the 21st.
Will pass on your concerns to Mr Rosie about him being physically challenged...that'll get him!

Quiet weekend on the whole and very nice too. Weather a bit grim yesterday so off to the swimming pool for some "family fun time" (I am considering suing them for that misleading description - although its probably "fun" for the child element in the family....just noisy and very splashy for me.)

I skulked off to the designated swimming lanes for a bit of peace and quiet.

Back to tracking my food intake seriously today (that means writing everything down, not just the bits I want to write down!) as I have been a little lax of late and don't want to start sliding.

Yeah, on the rare occasions I go swimming, I make sure I go during school hours for that very reason!

xx

Hiya
Am loving your thought process which led to your scientific experiment...wonder if you burn more calories if you dream loads....hmmm!?

hope the swimming was good yesterday :D still laughing at you and your heart monitor.. and traceys comment on dreams LMAO! *one track mind* :D

I don't mind the swimming - its the getting dried that does my head in.

No exercise again for me today. Have been feeling a little iffy in the tummy department - nothing else thank God, but a bit sore and bloaty.

Made some nice Chicken and rice soup which I am going to have for my tea. Nice and light.

Might do some stretchy band exercises later - got up and got all my running gear on this morning so am all dressed up looking like a fit person but slobbing around. :break_diet:

aww, hope your tum is better soon! xxx

Good afternoon. Its a lovely sunny day here in Staffordshire although blooming cold when outside.

Tum a lot better today - thanks Rach - although painful this morning.

Been to a netball tournament with my little girl - they got bronze which was really good as the standard was high and they played really well. Its such a small school that they struggle to even put a team together (they needed 7 and they only have 8 girls in the class - and one was off sick!!!)

Been good with food yesterday and today - stuck to 18pts so hopefully will get myself back under reasonable control after my snack attacks.

Going to do my Davina DVD and then a mini run (20mins) to earn myself some APs - and also just to feel less sluggish. I have started to miss it when I don't do it and I always used to think people were total saddo's that said things like that.....(yes, Jen/Sandy - you already knew I was a total saddo!!!) :p

Hello my lovely. I'm sorry this is my first time on your diary. I'm sure I live in my own wee world. Anyhoo, glad your tummy is better and yay you on the exercise. Every little helps eh?

xx

Away again tonight - in North Manchester this time - but the silver lining is I am staying with one of my oldest (not in age but in years known) friends - so going to have a chinese and a girly chat.

Phoned her to say when I would be round only to be greeted cheerily by "oh, you could come to the step class with me!!" - so I did....and its a total killer - I am reasonably fit (now ;)) and I was a sweating, dripping, heaving mass at the end of it! (you can all stop laughing and saying "serves you right" now :D)

Bought my friends two lads an easter egg which they have just devoured right in front of me....I LOVE the chocolate from easter eggs - particularly Cadburys - and I managed to resist it.

Well done on the Step Class. I'd be just one great big greasy spot! Eyes like Alice Cooper and hair like Medusa. So not attractive. But fantastic that you went. Hats off to ya luv.

As for Easter eggs......... dya know how many Cream Eggs went through my checkout today? Tonnes of them I tell ya. I asked a kid for a bite of hers and she looked at me like I was nuts! :eek: I was being serious! Greedy little cow! :8855::8855::8855:

Back