LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

Thanks one and all for the visits. I do appreciate you coming by.

weekend has been lovely. off to a friend on Saturday night for dinner - and she complied with my low carbing - salmon and lovely green veg...so all good there. she had also done sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce for the others - and pineapple and yogurt for me. Good friends I have that keep me on the straight and narrow.

Bought a new jacket yesterday and was pleased that I could go back to my "usual" size - feels like the effort is worth it - and still no sugar cravings.

I haven't found anything low carb that feels treatlike - best so far is dark chocolate - which I was eating before - only 2.5pts a bar but not sure of the carb count - have thrown away the outer packaging and each bar doesn't have the detail so best leave it alone till I know for sure.

Hope all is well with you Rosie:D

How is your son getting on with his Uni applications?

Sorry Rosie,

Have I missed something? You have put my post in your last update but I can't see anything after it:eek:

Yes, just realised that I hadn't answered your question, Helen.

My son has had one interview so far (Aberdeen) which went really well and he really wants to go there. He was rejected without interview from Dundee and is still waiting to hear from the others.

He has said that if he doesn't get in this year - he won't do another course, he will do some relevant work (probably unpaid!) and then re-apply next year. He is determined, it seems, to be a doctor come hell or high water....xx

Hi Rosie
Still going well I see - good for you & how lovely of your friend to do a Rosie friendly dinner ;)

Hi Rosie

Great news on the jacket - its always a sure sign we doing well when clothes begin to fit. Or even fit comfortably!

Your freind sounds like a treasure ....well done for resisting sticky toffee pud though :eek: :) x

Well done on your loss(es) - I've had some catching up to do! :p

Low carbing always seems to suit you best - maybe it would suit me too, but I'm determined not to diet ever again :p unless giving up chocolate isn't enough to make me drop a few stone :p

And yes, get back into your exercise :whip: isn't your treadmill feeling lonely?! It's easy to get out of the habit (I should know :p) but when you're in it, it's easy to carry on - it's the starting that's hard!

And yes, get back into your exercise :whip: isn't your treadmill feeling lonely?! It's easy to get out of the habit (I should know :p) but when you're in it, it's easy to carry on - it's the starting that's hard!

I know, I know, I know....still not done anything - maybe this week. I have no excuse either as not working away this week.

good news again on the scales this morning - another 2lbs off taking me to 9 in total in 3 weeks so pleased with that average - and actually finding it easier than I would have expected. Not getting sugar or starch cravings and feel fuller for longer when eating more protein - I sound like an M&S advert, don't I.

Well, off to get some paperwork stuff done. Joy. xxx

Well done on another fabby loss Mrs, you're going great guns.

I'm not doing too badly for carbs today. well not bread or cereal so far which is good. What do you usually have for brekkie?

Take care

xx

Thanks love. I tend to have omelette with a little bit of cheese and ham - or just mushrooms. Sometimes push the boat out and have quorn sausages, bacon, mushrooms etc - still lowish points and fills you up for ages.

I have found that if you make your omelette very thin and use soya milk rather than normal milk, it tastes like pancakes - a bit sweeter than usual. Soya milk also has half the carbs of normal milk and is ok in coffee- not sure what it would be like on cereals etc as I don't have cereal!

Also, porridge is good cos while it is still carbs - they are slow release (good carbs) and won't spike your blood sugar - that's the only reason I am doing this - to try and keep my blood sugar on an even keel.

On the chocolate front - if you have the very dark chocolate (like Moser Roth 85%) there are relatively few carbs in there -and it doesn't give you the rush you would normally have with regular milk chocolate.

Expecting that I will start to slow to a more normal rate of weight loss now - so need to get my bum moving a bit more.

Rosie, I make omelettes more like a fratata (spelling not my strong point). I used to use milk in it as that was the only way I knew, until I started to read recipes for them. Most people substitute water for milk. I tried this last week and can't say i noticed that there was no milk in it

thats the way omelettes are isnt it? milk for scrambled, water for omelette.. thats how i was taught anyway :D

well done on being back in the 9's Rosie anyway :) good luck getting back into the exercising - you got me into exercising and i really enjoy my weekly sessions now :) (well, once i've forced myself there :D) xxx

thats the way omelettes are isnt it? milk for scrambled, water for omelette.. thats how i was taught anyway :D

well done on being back in the 9's Rosie anyway :) good luck getting back into the exercising - you got me into exercising and i really enjoy my weekly sessions now :) (well, once i've forced myself there :D) xxx

Thanks Rach, and glad I have managed to get someone off their bum - just need to do the same for myself now.

As anyone who knows me will tell you - cooking is not my strongest skill :sigh: so I have probably been adding milk when it is so unecessary - think of all that latte I could have had with the milk......:sigh:

Thanks Jenni, I needed that!!

Had a handful of cheerios - and to be honest I wish I hadn't! They were the honey covered ones, and yes, made the craving for something sweet even worse!!

I found that staying out of the kitchen helped - if I don't go in there, I can't eat anything! Simples!

The interesting thing was what triggered the need for something sweet was feeling a lovely combination of anger and upset - all ok now but why do I feel that something sweet will make me feel better. I suppose it must be the release of those happy hormones you get with sugar - bad design fault that.....

Today, back on track though. I will be controlled and I will be getting my exercise done today. I am making my public commitment. The STEPS dvd will be dusted down and given an airing. x

Back