Lucie's SW Journey from 24 Stone to 15 Stone - 1lbs at a time!

Must add aswell you are well organised batch cooking & think i may take a leaf out of your book and do the same :D

OO I bet that's fun! Do you have a diary that I could check out? I tired to have a look but as im a new member I can't visit your profile yet! Hopefully I can find it tomorrow and catch up on how you're getting on :) xx

yes its
EE newbie!
u may hve aleeady found me - cant remember! hehe
x

Must add aswell you are well organised batch cooking & think i may take a leaf out of your book and do the same :D

haha Aw bless you, I think being my weight and wanting to lose alot it can seem rather raunting to suddenly go, " right, ok lets lose 9 stone " so pound by pound and inch by inch, I can celebrate every 7lbs off and hell, I'll celebrate every inch too lol..

For my job where I'm working all days and long hours I can't afford NOT to plan and be organsised otherwise I wont stick to plan and as they say, if you dont give 100% dont expect 100% results! :D I'm so excited for today's food! x

haha Aw bless you, I think being my weight and wanting to lose alot it can seem rather raunting to suddenly go, " right, ok lets lose 9 stone " so pound by pound and inch by inch, I can celebrate every 7lbs off and hell, I'll celebrate every inch too lol..

For my job where I'm working all days and long hours I can't afford NOT to plan and be organsised otherwise I wont stick to plan and as they say, if you dont give 100% dont expect 100% results! :D I'm so excited for today's food! x
Too right, best way.to do it xx

Day 4
B/L - Late start for me as it's my day off so BRUNCH - 2 Heck Italian Sausages (1/2 syn) , 2 rashes of bacon with fat removed, mushrooms in garlic frylight and a fried egg in frylight, Brown roll ( HEB)
D - Making SW Chilli Con Carne for the first time, Got the BF coming over for date night ( not sure how romantic it will be with all the bum trumpets going on ) and going to use a big 700g less than 5% mince and bumph up the other ingredients in the list so I have a few portions for lunch in the week too! .... and just as I type this I remember I forgot to get the mince out... So looks like a quick bit of body magic round to tesco to pick up some mince haha... classic Lucie.
S - Muller light + peaches in juice 100ml (2.5 syns)

Today Syns - 3 syns

So I fell off the wagon last night and had a mini...blip. I've been really loving having a muller light with peaches as it really bumphs it out and it's super sweet and the night before I had the same and I added a mini chocolate from some of the left over quality streets, literally diced it up into slithers and sprinkled it over and it was such a nice treat I thought I'd pick up some flakes which are 8.5 syns and have half in a bowl with the yog and peaches as a treat in the evenings. well... blow me down I had bloody 4 of them last night! 34 syns. haha now I believe in a treat but that was overboard! SO in the spirit of honesty thought I'm GOING to talk about it here and come clean.

I usually always have the mindset if I'm going to treat myself I'll do it on purpose as I don't want to feel guilty about it, I've got alot to lose and there will be moments I take a step back but aslong as I keep stepping forward afterwards I can only continue on my journey. So.. feeling guilty, but steady on my journey still and come Sunday no matter the result, I'll know if could of been more if I hadn't been so greedy! Couldn't think of better food for thought there!

Right I'm off to power walk to Tesco to get the Mince and come back and enjoy my HUGE brunch!

Last edited:
Day 4
B/L - Late start for me as it's my day off so BRUNCH - 2 Heck Italian Sausages (1/2 syn) , 2 rashes of bacon with fat removed, mushrooms in garlic frylight and a fried egg in frylight, Brown roll ( HEB)
D - Making SW Chilli Con Carne for the first time, Got the BF coming over for date night ( not sure how romantic it will be with all the bum trumpets going on ) and going to use a big 700g less than 5% mince and bumph up the other ingredients in the list so I have a few portions for lunch in the week too! .... and just as I type this I remember I forgot to get the mince out... So looks like a quick bit of body magic round to tesco to pick up some mince haha... classic Lucie.
S - Muller light + peaches in juice 100ml (2.5 syns)

Today Syns - 3 syns

So I fell off the wagon last night and had a mini...blip. I've been really loving having a muller light with peaches as it really bumphs it out and it's super sweet and the night before I had the same and I added a mini chocolate from some of the left over quality streets, literally diced it up into slithers and sprinkled it over and it was such a nice treat I thought I'd pick up some flakes which are 8.5 syns and have half in a bowl with the yog and peaches as a treat in the evenings. well... blow me down I had bloody 4 of them last night! 34 syns. haha now I believe in a treat but that was overboard! SO in the spirit of honesty thought I'm GOING to talk about it here and come clean.

I usually always have the mindset if I'm going to treat myself I'll do it on purpose as I don't want to feel guilty about it, I've got alot to lose and there will be moments I take a step back but aslong as I keep stepping forward afterwards I can only continue on my journey. So.. feeling guilty, but steady on my journey still and come Sunday no matter the result, I'll know if could of been more if I hadn't been so greedy! Couldn't think of better food for thought there!

Right I'm off to power walk to Tesco to get the Mince and come back and enjoy my HUGE brunch!

Least you have admitted your blip and got straight back on it xx

Aw thank you! I'm really looking forward to making some friends and finding inspiration and who knows, maybe even inspiring some! It's lovely to see others on long journeys too! I'll be sure to sub to your thread so we can keep each other going! Hope you have a great week lovely! :) xx

I'll happily chat with you along the way! I agree it's lovely to see and talk with someone who knows exactly how you feel about your weight and is going through the same journey. You are so determined and it's wonderful!

Unfortunately I have no diary yet for fear of forgetting to update :p. I have been thinking about starting one though.

As for your blip, we all have bad days and/or make mistakes, hun. The important thing is you did exactly the right thing; draw a line underneath it and start afresh. Well done for admitting it to us and you have a brilliant attitude. You will get to your goal!

I find it is best to use all your syn allowance. I think you get 20 at this stage, so use it. It is there for those temptation moments. Also later on if you see you are not losing for a couple of weeks then you can reduce your syns. However, if you have not used them on a regular basis, in case of not losing it would be hard to cut out other things. Hope it makes sense.

Hope your cooking went well. Enjoy your dinner date.

Least you have admitted your blip and got straight back on it xx
It's better to just draw a line under it, not dwell on it and keep going! Just a small step back but I'm back on my feet again and ready to take another step forward for the day :D

I'll happily chat with you along the way! I agree it's lovely to see and talk with someone who knows exactly how you feel about your weight and is going through the same journey. You are so determined and it's wonderful!

Unfortunately I have no diary yet for fear of forgetting to update :p. I have been thinking about starting one though.

As for your blip, we all have bad days and/or make mistakes, hun. The important thing is you did exactly the right thing; draw a line underneath it and start afresh. Well done for admitting it to us and you have a brilliant attitude. You will get to your goal!

Woohoo! Well you can always chat on here and let me know what you've done until you get your own! haha. As I'm not doing SW online, it's just me and with minimins, It would be far to easy to cheat and shrug it off if I was alone so at least with minimins I can sort of have a mini group :p You will all soon be my rocks and it excites me greatly to have that type of support! Whats on the menu today?

Mwah xx

Hi Lucie! Here to sub :)

Hi Jessie! Lovely to have you hear! How are you getting on this week?! Will make a point to pop over to your thread if you have one? xx

I find it is best to use all your syn allowance. I think you get 20 at this stage, so use it. It is there for those temptation moments. Also later on if you see you are not losing for a couple of weeks then you can reduce your syns. However, if you have not used them on a regular basis, in case of not losing it would be hard to cut out other things. Hope it makes sense.

Hope your cooking went well. Enjoy your dinner date.

Thanks Rosie, 100% agree with this and eating all your syns! I know I've got a long way to go and as you say, the more I lose the slower the weight will come off so I want to have all my syns now while I still can and when it slows thats when I could do less or do an SP week to get it going again! :) Brilliant advice hun! Thank you! x

ahhhh we all do it :)
same as everyone else said - at least uv got back on it rather than letting one blip wreck many days!

enjoy ur night and chilli :p

Thanks lovely, mate, don't even get me started on the chilli.. heartburn all night and gosh is it going through me! Might need to rething my lunch option today haha..

DAY 5 in the Minimins house!
B - Special K porridge with peaches in juice (1ooml = 2.5 syns) - This is such a yummy easy breakkie when I'm working!
L - Left over chilli from yesterday + Brown roll ( HEB)
D - SW mild curry from fakeaway book
Desert - Muller light yog with peaches in juice (1ooml = 2.5 syns) + Cadbury flake (8.5 syns)

Total syns inc potential snack = 13.5

Afternoon!
Day off yesterday, cooked up loads of heck sausages, had my banging fry up AND made the SW chilli con carne, I left out the canyee pepper and chillies and whilst it tasted a little plain, it gave me SUCH heartburn I had a pants night sleep. Really gutted as it was so easy to make in bulk for freezing! Never mind, I'll have it for lunch and have the other portions for lunch and not dinner to avoid sleepness nights.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bulk cooking that I can freeze and take to work and warm up in the microwave here? Nothing spicy though!

Thankfully spoke to one of the other area managers today and told them I'd be seeing my GP about my health as I'm now being expected to work 70 hr weeks on my own all day with no break, working 8-8 and that means I'm up at 6 and home at 9 and I just wont be able to to do anything let alone follow this! I'll be up all night cooking! Anyway, really told them how disappointed I was and threatened the dr's note and I said I'm not working past 6pm so at least now I can get home and cook and still have an evening so that's made me well happy.

Hope everyone has a good day! x

Last edited:
DAY 5 in the Minimins house!
B - Special K porridge with peaches in juice (1ooml = 2.5 syns) - This is such a yummy easy breakkie when I'm working!
L - Left over chilli from yesterday + Brown roll ( HEB)
D - SW mild curry from fakeaway book
Desert - Muller light yog with peaches in juice (1ooml = 2.5 syns) + Cadbury flake (8.5 syns)

Total syns inc potential snack = 13.5

Afternoon!
Day off yesterday, cooked up loads of heck sausages, had my banging fry up AND made the SW chilli con carne, I left out the canyee pepper and chillies and whilst it tasted a little plain, it gave me SUCH heartburn I had a pants night sleep. Really gutted as it was so easy to make in bulk for freezing! Never mind, I'll have it for lunch and have the other portions for lunch and not dinner to avoid sleepness nights.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bulk cooking that I can freeze and take to work and warm up in the microwave here? Nothing spicy though!

Thankfully spoke to one of the other area managers today and told them I'd be seeing my GP about my health as I'm now being expected to work 70 hr weeks on my own all day with no break, working 8-8 and that means I'm up at 6 and home at 9 and I just wont be able to to do anything let alone follow this! I'll be up all night cooking! Anyway, really told them how disappointed I was and threatened the dr's note and I said I'm not working past 6pm so at least now I can get home and cook and still have an evening so that's made me well happy.

Hope everyone has a good day! x
70 hour week, that's ridiculous xx you done right threatening them with.doctors note.

70 hour week, that's ridiculous xx you done right threatening them with.doctors note.

I know it's a joke! One of the other Area Managers called me to sort it out and I told them how disgusted I was after 5 years being treated like this! Being made to feel guilty asking to do less hours when I'm doing 30hrs overtime a week! Suffice to say I mentioned just doing my basic 40 and will happy bring in a DR's note to say just that and everyone is now suddenly treating me like a queen because I have them over a barrel! xxx

70 hour week - thats ridiculous! Especially with no break - well done for sticking up for yourself!

Ideas for batch cooking: soup, spag bol, lasagne, mild curry, pasta bakes?

Yes I do :) pop over and say hi!

https://www.minimins.com/threads/fr...other-my-vegetarian-food-diary.328972/page-14

Morning love! Will pop over and catch up now :) - Not sure Soup would fill me up at work doing long days, spag bol deffo, though more of just the "bol" as I couldnt freeze the pasta and just take it to work and microwave it. But the "bol" could easily go in a jacket potato or I could make some rice here...OR COURGETTI! lol Will deffo be making a big batch of curry, next week so that should be good for a few lunches! ... pasta bakes? will have to look into that! :D Thank you so much for the ideas hun! xx

Day 6
B - Special K porridge with peaches in juice (1ooml = 2.5 syns)
L - Chilli con carne + 1 brown roll (HEB) +1 brown roll (6 syns) with lots of ham and salad cream (3 syns)
D - SW mild curry from fakeaway book ( didn't make it last night as I was too tired )
Snacks if I need them are - muller light yog, satsuma, Jelly pot (1/2 syn)
total - 12 syns

Felt so full after all that chilli from the night before and from lunch and was just so tired I didn't even bother making dinner, just sat in bed for a few hours indulging in bad tv haha. Today whilst I still feel motivated, I am so so tired so I know I'm going to feel picky but I've brought enough food and good snacks to get me through till 6 and then I can come home and have my hearty curry!

I think on my way home I'll pick up some of the options (2.5syns) as I have a tub of quark/low fat yog at home and may get some nice berries and have that as a treat tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Not long now! Can't believe how quick the weeks gone! Can't wait till weigh in on Sun!

Last edited:
Here to sub and say hi :)

Bloody hell, i don't think i could do a 70hour week. That is mighty impressive and equally mental! My other half used to do a 60 hour week and I hated it! We never had any time to see each other.

Congratulations on getting engaged, have you been with your other half long? Have you got a date set in mind for your wedding?

In regards to batch cooking things I do to freeze are cottage pie, diet coke chicken, campfire stew, bolognese sauce, chilli, lasagne to name a few. I need to do a bit of batch cooking at some point too! Like you, I usually have leftovers for the next day or day after as I never seem to have the time to prepare anything in a morning!

I know it's a joke! One of the other Area Managers called me to sort it out and I told them how disgusted I was after 5 years being treated like this! Being made to feel guilty asking to do less hours when I'm doing 30hrs overtime a week! Suffice to say I mentioned just doing my basic 40 and will happy bring in a DR's note to say just that and everyone is now suddenly treating me like a queen because I have them over a barrel! xxx
Sounds like where my father in law works. He's diabetic and not suppose to stand too long but he's gone 10 hours with no rest before so he did same as yourself and now he's doing 3 days a week

Back