Lucie's SW Journey from 24 Stone to 15 Stone - 1lbs at a time!

11lbs is amazing Mrs! Well done you :)
I hope you feel over the moon cos you should!!! fingers crossed for your interview tomorrow. Im sure you'll be fab.

Do you plan your weeks food or just go with the flow? xx

Morning all you lovely lot, Yesterday I was just on cloud 9, or should I say cloud -11lbs! The OH ended up coming over and I cooked SW mild curry and SW onion bhaji's and they were just AMAZING! Felt like such a treat and zero syns, Despite counting all my syns for a subway megamelt yesterday granted, the salad was free with some SP and dinner was free with some SP I finished the day with a flake (8.5 syns) and some diet fanta in bed with the OH and it was bliss.

Something feels different about this time. I feel like despite not going to a group or doing it online, I have so much support from you guys here, on my social media, yesterday alone, granted I lost about 10 followers on my Insta which is fine, but over the day gained over 90 new followers, all people with Slimming world in their name and seeing their feeds and them documenting their journey it really got me going and even now it's endless, looking through someone's pictures and then they are reccomending someone else so I check them out and their's is bloomin inspiring too! Definately think, without putting pressure on myself, that I'm going to post my meals on instagram so I'll be sure to check out everyones profiles to see if they have one and add you :) Please do feel free to click on my profile name and add me on mine too :)

Week 2 day 2
Brunch - bacon, 3-4 heck sausages (2syns) Brown roll (hexb) butter (3syns) Ketchup (3syns), bacon with all fat removed and some mushrooms, cucumber and tomato for speed.
D - chicken stirfry tonight with blue dragon garlic and spring onion sauce (7syns) with lots of veg and noodles + options (2.5 syns) and low fat fromage frais and fruit for desert
S - I have muller lights and fruit if I need a free snack

total - 17.5

Off to cook brunch, then clear up, and record my first video for SW anddd then chill :D

Off to chill out to an episode of geordie shore, then off to cook breakfast

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    760.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Your curry looks so good. I've been using insta too. Joined it back in July with a Sw account (@maryannesw) and I've found so much help there. In fact since Minis is back and I have all the support here I decided to give up group and join online. ( I moved 3 hours from home and found the new group was no support in comparison to my last)

The curry looks incredible.

Oh wow that curry looks amazing!! My curries never turn out that great really….
I know what you mean about insta – I love searching on the #slimmingworld for inspiration however tend not to post many food pics on mine at risk of annoying my friends! Thinking about setting up a dedicated insta just for my SW food etc…
You should definitely be on cloud 9 you totally deserve it! Fingers crossed for your interview tomorrow beaut – how you feeling about it? xx

Your curry looks so good. I've been using insta too. Joined it back in July with a Sw account (@maryannesw) and I've found so much help there. In fact since Minis is back and I have all the support here I decided to give up group and join online. ( I moved 3 hours from home and found the new group was no support in comparison to my last)

The curry looks incredible.

It was so good! Not a traditional korma but It still felt naughty and filling enough, little bit of a longer meal to cook but worth it :) The recipe is a SW one :)

• 1 onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
  • 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 4 tbsp korma curry powder
  • low calorie cooking spray
  • 6 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 500ml boiling chicken stock
  • A pinch of sweetener
  • 150g fat-free natural Greek yogurt, whisked
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Small handful of finely chopped fresh mint or coriander
method
  1. Put the onion, garlic and ginger in a small food processor and blend to a paste. Spray a wide, non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion paste and stir fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the korma powder and cook for a further 2 minutes or until aromatic.
  2. Stir in the chicken and add the stock and sweetener. Mix well, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
  3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the yogurt and season to taste. Scatter over the mint or coriander and serve hot with basmati rice.
- See more at: http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/creamy-chicken-korma.aspx#sthash.W7KGb2Pz.dpuf

11lbs is amazing Mrs! Well done you :)
I hope you feel over the moon cos you should!!! fingers crossed for your interview tomorrow. Im sure you'll be fab.

Do you plan your weeks food or just go with the flow? xx

:D I really do! Thanks so much! I'm nervous because I really want the role and that's so unlike me because I NEVER get nervous! Too confident for my own good haha.

I do indeed plan, due to working too many hours atm I just can't not plan or I know I wont do as well :) I posted a picture a couple posts up /back showing the new food chart I made that I'm using and it means I know if I need to defrost anything the night before, making me aware of the speed I'm eating with each meal to help maximise loss and well.. because I'm a control freak and it makes me feel like I'm doing everything I can haha :p Going to sit and make my list today and run to tesco if I need anything but I think it might only be a case of picking up any fresh salad bits or fruit etc. How you getting on? :) xx

Oh wow that curry looks amazing!! My curries never turn out that great really….
I know what you mean about insta – I love searching on the #slimmingworld for inspiration however tend not to post many food pics on mine at risk of annoying my friends! Thinking about setting up a dedicated insta just for my SW food etc…
You should definitely be on cloud 9 you totally deserve it! Fingers crossed for your interview tomorrow beaut – how you feeling about it? xx

Hey gorgeous, hope you're feeling alot better! :D Hows your murder show?haha how I haven't heard or seen any spoilers is beyond me but I might give the first episode a go at some point. TBH I'm not even a fan of curries but the SW mild curry in the fakeaway book and this SW creamy korma I'll do and they are banging. Alot better than doing 50 syns at the local chinese haha. I know what you mean about annoying friends etc but I'm commited to my journey and If my friends don't want to see what I post then they can unfollow me, doesn't make us any less friends just because we're not insta friends :)

Thank you soooo much for the good luck! I'm both confident and nervous, I know I'd be perfect for the role, but I think I've got all my eggs in the basket because it means getting out from where I work so I think I want it even more haha.. I'm great with customer services, I'm bubbly and professional and it helps I can type about 90wpm. Just have to ensure that I can show that side of me tomorrow. Thankfully tattoos and peircings are cool there so don't have to worry about those as I have quite a few in my face aswell as a half sleeve haha.. FINGERS CROSSED :D

I do exactly same. Then tick off when I've eaten it lol
It was so good! Not a traditional korma but It still felt naughty and filling enough, little bit of a longer meal to cook but worth it :) The recipe is a SW one :)

• 1 onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
  • 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 4 tbsp korma curry powder
  • low calorie cooking spray
  • 6 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 500ml boiling chicken stock
  • A pinch of sweetener
  • 150g fat-free natural Greek yogurt, whisked
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Small handful of finely chopped fresh mint or coriander
method
  1. Put the onion, garlic and ginger in a small food processor and blend to a paste. Spray a wide, non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion paste and stir fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the korma powder and cook for a further 2 minutes or until aromatic.
  2. Stir in the chicken and add the stock and sweetener. Mix well, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
  3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the yogurt and season to taste. Scatter over the mint or coriander and serve hot with basmati rice.
- See more at: http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/creamy-chicken-korma.aspx#sthash.W7KGb2Pz.dpuf
Will try this has I love korma xx

Hiya congratulations an your amazing loss, what a fantastic start. I'll be following as it's great to read people success stories, helps keep me going.
Your curry looks fab, I'm going to have a try of it. The onion bhaji's look much better than the ones my husband has made, is that a sw recipe too?

Hiya gorgeous.... I'm off to try catch 40 winks before work later so just incase I don't get back on later or catch you in the morning good luck for tomorrow! Will be thinking of you sending positive vibes! ;)

Hiya congratulations an your amazing loss, what a fantastic start. I'll be following as it's great to read people success stories, helps keep me going.
Your curry looks fab, I'm going to have a try of it. The onion bhaji's look much better than the ones my husband has made, is that a sw recipe too?

Thanks so much lovely, happy to have you here! :D The curry was super good and yummy! The Onion Bhaji's are indeed a SW recipe, there are a few different versions but I used : One sweet Potato, One Red and White Onion ( I just used 2 white last night ) 1-2 tablespoon of curry powder and one egg. brown off the onions in some frylight and cook untill brown, meanwhile grate the sweet potato. Mix them in a bowl together and add a bit of salt and the curry powder, add half the beaten egg and bind the mix together, lightly spray a baking tray with frylight ( I always put foil down as they do tend to stick ) and spoon mixture into balls. Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 25 mins, turning half way. If you like them crispy just leave them in the oven a little longer keeping an eye :) VIOLA! Once you've made them your first time you can then add more or less of onion or sweet potato and more or less of curry powder to taste :)

Hiya gorgeous.... I'm off to try catch 40 winks before work later so just incase I don't get back on later or catch you in the morning good luck for tomorrow! Will be thinking of you sending positive vibes! ;)

OH bless you, you are so sweet! Have a good night shift! Don't work too hard! Your meals looked so lush babe! Thanks so much for the positive vibes and luck! Deffo going to need it :) *fingers crossed* this is it! xxxx

Back