Lunch Ideas

Thanks everyone :) some good ideas there

I don't like 'blended' soups ... don't know why, just don't. The only soups I like are chunky homemade minestrone type stuff.

Is asda chickpea dahl syn-free then? i love that stuff :D

Yeah ASDA chickpea dhal is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

You could make 'chunky soups' most soups dont have to be blitzed smooth.

Packed lunches

I'm desperate for lunch ideas!!

I always do Red days on a Monday and Tuesday prior to weigh in, and usually do Mix to Match on a Wednesday/Thursday with Red lunches. Until now I've been having chicken/bacon/similar salads, but I'm getting really fed up with them every day.

I have no facilities whatsoever - no microwave etc. At a push, I have access to hot water but all I can think of using hot water is mugshots/other green day loveliness!

I really can't think of anything - I'm really reluctant to use Hexs for lunch because I use them for breakfast and something in the evening. Does anyone have any genius suggestions, or am I about stuck with salads?

Thanks in advance!

i was thinking the same thing ..... i have never done a red day so im looking suggestions

I do Red most days and do struggle with lunch ideas, I generally have chicken or bacon, or ham, or tinned mackerel and salad.

How about some home-made veg soup but into a flask, I would imagine that would stay warm til lunch?

Emma xx

im having that as i made a huge pot last night ... gonna have my lunch out of it now and freeze the rest

I suggest that you do a search as there are a multitude of threads on the subject of packed lunches and what to take to work.

There is also a thread where people post what they are having for lunch, and check out the food diaries for inspiration.

Hiya

I have been trying to do more red days recently, and so have been having cooked chicken, sw quiche cold with salad etc....until I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bento-Lunc...GWBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288968855&sr=8-1

It DOES keep your food warm enough to eat and is a godsend for an office with no microwave! Yesterday I had chilli for lunch and today chicken casserole - suddenly, the opportunities are endless! lol!

Other suggestions if this isnt your thing, would be cold salmon with cold roast veg, Fat free cottage cheese with some ham slices and crudites, or the pre packed tesco mini fillets (most flavours are 0 sins), with a fruit salad.

good luck xx

Hiya

I have been trying to do more red days recently, and so have been having cooked chicken, sw quiche cold with salad etc....until I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bento-Lunc...GWBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288968855&sr=8-1

It DOES keep your food warm enough to eat and is a godsend for an office with no microwave! Yesterday I had chilli for lunch and today chicken casserole - suddenly, the opportunities are endless! lol!

That could be absolutely perfect! Is there a knack to keeping the food hot? The reviews don't seem too promising..!

Not really?! I have just been cooking the food the night before and letting go cold, then in the morning popping in my bento box and then microwaving for about 4 mins or so. then lid on and out the front door! I leave home at 745, and have lunch about 12 and its not boiling like freshly cooked hot, but hot enough to enjoy!
the review on other colours for some bizarre reason are better, but it defo works.
OH was very sceptial but so far has used his 3 times! (Jp & baked beans with cheese was his other meal!!)

That looks great.

I must get sis to bring me one out.

Thank you.

Yep, think I'm sold. It's getting far too cold to mess around with salads and ryebreads when there's the possibility of a nice hot stew or casserole...nom nom. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Lunch Time Inspiration Needed......

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what i could take to work for lunch.

If you have ever seen my food diary you will see that i have a mug shot and fruit every single day! ......Boring!

I dont have fridge or Microwave so im a bit limited. I dont like to take salad because of the lack of fridge it gets a bit sweaty and yuk! I do have a kettle tho.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the lower in syns the better :D

Thanks all!

How about a flask of homemade soup or stovies. You could use a mini coolbag for things like quiche, cold chicken (sweet chilli chicken is gorgeous), pasta salad, fritatta,

Thanks kerry, i love fitatta! didnt think of taking it cold in a cool bag, Think im going to invest in a little one as i probably use it more in the summer!

Hi, I have just joined this site as I'm about to start slimming world and the one worry I had was what I was going to take to work for lunch but thanks to your posts I no longer have that worry! Thanks :)

PACKED LUNCH IDEAS

Am after idea's for a packed lunch - on friday I am going to Gullivers Land with my son for his school trip - I don't want to be buying food there so am looking to take a packed lunch with me. But I don't want to be carrying lots of stuff around with me (which is quite usual for a SW pack up in my house) so anyone got any idea's...

Tuppaware pot of cous cous or pasta, chopped up quorn sausages and roast veg, 3 mini babybel lights (HEA), and 2 alpen light bars (HEB)!

Back