Lunch Ideas

Red day lunch ideas

Does anyone have any interesting lunch ideas for a red day.

I have used up my Healthy extras and most syns for the day, so im a bit stuck now! :eek:

Yum those tuna quiches look lovely, i was just worried about eating too many eggs as ive been eating eggs every day lol

And i dont have any healthy extra left for the day so cant use cheese today, but i will definitely make them!

No problem hun :)
There are loads of stuff you could make. Like a nice big salad with loads of chicken/tuna/salmon pieces.
Slices of ham, chicken drumsticks and salad etc.
Or even a soup, I made a lovely chicken & veg soup last week that was free on Red xxx

I just love my salads with dressing especially olive oil but im using the HE tonight. God knows how much i was pouring all over before the diet lol

I might have some prawns and dressing as i have 4 syns left for the day!

EE Lunch Ideas (work)

Hi all, I'm new to this having being doing this for a couple of weeks, had my first weigh in last Wednesday and lost 4.5 lbs which I was pleased with but I was sticking pretty much to red/green days. I want to try ee more but am really struggling for lunch ideas that I can have at work (at my desk). Does anyone have any ideas? I tend to have weetabix and milk at breakfast and therefore use my heb and hea, although I'm thinking of switching to superspeed fruit (strawberries/blueberries) and a muller light yog so I can have bread and cheese at lunch.

Any ideas appreciated!! x

Hi Natalie,

Well done on your first weeks' loss.

Some things I take to work for lunch are

- pasta, with chicken / prawns / tuna and mixed veg. Can add some passata / chopped toms or a bit of natural yogurt and ok to eat hot or cold

- couscous with roasted veg and herbs. Again, could add some meat and is fine to eat cold

- salad, i like to make mine with chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomatos, cucumber, and also add some roasted butternut squash or sweet potato to make it a bit more substantial.

Do you have a microwave? If so, loads more things you can do

- leftovers such as stews, chilli (either with meat or quorn), pasta bake - can add chopped veg to all these to get the superfree

- homemade soups

- microwave a potato and have with filling of your choice. I normally have beans and cheese (if you have your hexa still), and have with a salad and maybe some fruit afterwards.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Lunch - Red days

Im struggling to find ideas for red days, especially when ive used my healthy extras and syns for the day.

Would usually have eggs, or pitta/ryvita (heb) with cheese (hea).

Today i thought id have Tesco light choices prawn cocktail, its 8 syns but its nicer and cheaper than buying prawns and adding low fat dressing i think.

Heya

Today I have homemade soup, and I have some chicken legs left over from yesterdays roast, so will have one of those a 3 crackerbread (half a HEb)

Soup tommorow again (big pan of it!) will have it with some ham and extra spices

Sometimes I have a fryup, sometimes egg and crackerbread soldiers. Ham and crackerbreads with cottage cheese. Smoked salmon and cottage cheese on pagan crisproll thingys. Poached eggs and ham lol will soon look like ham!

red days can be quite expensive, but I try to incorperate leftovers for the next day. I also don't always have meat with my lunch, some people see this as not following quite to plan, but it works for me.

Helenxxx

thanks helen, can i ask what soup recipes you use?

ive heard alot about the speed soup, but not sure how many syns it is ona red day xx

Heya

my favourite is tomato soup out of one of the sw magazines. Its really easy, I will copy it out for you when I get my magazine back, someone has borrowed it at the mo, tho am sure it possibly on the recipes section? Its Tomato and Basil Soup.

I also, do a nice curried butternut squash one, which is warming on cold days, I really just make them up as I go along! I have also recently made a french onion soup, which was lovely too. I don't always use SW recipes, I search online for my favourite soups and try and convert them into SW friendly soups. For example the french onion needed frying in oil but used fry light. Also it needed flour for thickening, I didn't bother. It tasted absolutely fine!

The speed soup would be high syn wise on red days I should think because its got beans and things in it I think.

Helen x

I normally have salad made with whatever meaty leftovers are in the fridge, along with salad and cottage cheese (means I don't need mayo). I've also started making soups for red days too (normally my soups are more green based), and slinging in loads of meat - filling and saves syns and HE's.

I have also been known to strip all the skin off a pack of chicken drumsticks before and scoff the lot for my lunch!

I have a lot of leftovers -the syn free SW Quiche is excellent too - laden with Bacon and Mushrooms - delish!!! xxx

I am really struggling with ideas for my lunches.

Can you all inspire me by telling me what you have - i do more green and ee days:)

Back