Lunch Ideas

In the 2011 food directory they are 2.5 syns each. Hope that helps :)

(mmmmm scotch eggs ... have to remember to try making some of those, I have 4 WW sausages in the freezer ...)

thanks for the quorn egg syns, thank god im only having one or 2, wish i knew who put it on here as 1 then i would tell her, oops hope its not messing up her syn total too much:rolleyes:

yeah try the scotch eggs, and dip in beaten egg then breadcrums if you have the extra syns available for the crumbs.
good luck:)

Working lunch

Hi I do extra easy and wondered what people took to work for their lunch, which is filling but also 1/3 super free food as I think I have been having the wrong things and need some ideas

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kazlet

I know what you mean I have been trying EE and not getting very far and think it's down to not having 1/3 superfree I just don't know what to do with meals etc for my tea last night I had chicken fillet with peas and SW chips is this 1/3 superfree??

Throughout the day I had also had beans, pineapple and melon which Is all superfree as well as any further fruit I have in the day.

Hoping someone can give some advice will keep watching the thread

Vicki x

If I dont have time to make a salad the night before, I usually take some sort of pasta dish.

If time is really short I usually keep a few packs of dried pasta (mug shots etc) or instant noodles that i can make up with boiling water at work. I know they dont really include sf foods bit i fogure i can always make up for that later!

Alternatively I might take a jacket potato to whack in the microwave or make a quick sandwich using my HexB.

Hope that might help slightly!

X

What about making larger portions of dinner to take some for lunch? Pasta dishes, spaghetti Bol, chilli, risotto, salad and meat, anything and everything really xx

P.s i think including superfree in work lunches is basically very hard unless you want to cook aomething the night before or buy a pre packed salad etc! As i said before i just hope to make up for it later i dont think thats the best way to go about it but only way i can get my head round it!!

I dont think sw chips are super free but dont quote me on it. Just add loads and loads of veggies to your plate!

Have just thought of a siperfree you can take for lunch, tinned fish maybe?

X

Soup! Ive got into a habit of making a load of it and pouring it into seperate containers and heating it up in the microwave at work. Mrswilsoncroft (Stacey) has a cracking spicey pepper and tomato soup recipe which hits the spot every time and it superspeed :)

Lunch & Dinner ideas HELLPP!!!

Hey, im really struggling to find quick and easy meals or my lunch and dinner in the evening. I work 9-5.20 and only have a 20 minute break. Ide be very grateful if you could all give me some tips.

Also your fav snacks, mine woud be
Cadbury Light Mousse - 3syns per pot
Mattesons Chicken Bites (southern fried chicken flavour) 2.5syns per pack
Fab Ice Lolly - 4.5 syns
Fruit Pastilles Ice Lolly - 3syns

Thanks,
Amy x

you could make a big bowl of pasta salad which you could take a few days to work. use lots of salad and diff meat e.g ham or tuna or something. that is what i have done tonight i have madde up a big bowl and put it in fridge and will take some for dinner tomoz and wed. or you could do a big pan of soup and put that in fridge. crackerbread are nice with tuna or something on but they are 1 syn each.
i find it very hard for my lunches too hun, and my teas especially as i dont get homw from work sometimes til 7.30. but sometimes in that cas ei have a jacket potato or omelette or something quick

well i not a very good cook and i am exactly the same as you not knowing what to have for wuick lunches etc, so i asked someone on another forum the other day on how to make an easy homemade soup . and she said jus put whatever veg you want into a pan with meat if you want and stock cubes and thats it. so today i bought chicken and chicken stock cubes. and i am going to make a soup with chicken and veg in but i am going to put little chunky potatoes in to make it extra filling. if you do a big pan you can then put it in fridge for next day or even freeze it, that way you can take it to work or if you come home and you starving you can grab some

The biggest change I have found since joining SW is my lunch choice. I'm really enjoying it though - I cook in the evening and take it into work the next day. My favourites are:

HM soup
SW Quiche
Pasta salad
Rice salad

I made a very simple soup last night:

sweat an onion in fry light
add 2 sweet potatoes
add 2 carrots
add dried herbs, sprinkle of ground cumin
add 1 pint of veggie stock (made with oxo stock cube)

Bring to boil then simmer for 30 mins. Blend and add more water if you want a thinner soup. Delicious :)

I've made all kinds of soups based on the above basic recipe. Any veg you like. You can add beans and pulses - check out the famous super speed soup on the recipe thread.

Have you tried SW quiche yet? Do a search and you'll find lots of recipes ... delicious as a lunch or evening meal.

Happy eating :D

Lunch suggestions needed

I'm having a green day today, so that I can use my healthy extras for cheese on my Mr. Mash pizza that I am going to try this evening.
I've had eggy bread for breakfast, now need to find something easy and tasty for lunch.
Any suggestions?

How about Jacket Potato and beans?

Or very easy Veg Chilli, 1 tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, 1 tin of tomatoes, onion, garlic and peppers served with rice Yummy.

Back