Lunch Ideas

I make a veg risotto but use ebly instead - usually around 6/7 pp.

Dry fry mushrooms,onions and peppers then pour on a tin of ravioli 9pp.

Another one here for a huge salad with chopped chicken, prawns or an egg - usually have a squirt of very low fat mayo ( I put my bowl on my ww scales to get the measure right)

Some thins or crispbreads with laughing cow low fat cheese and side salad.

Peppers cut in half filled with toms and feta chunks with 5 ml olive oil - roast in oven.

I dont have sandwiches much as I love my bread and crisps tooooo much ;)

If your working salad caesar salad is nice? Or a sandwich with egg Mayo and roasted red onions and peppers or with houmus or tuna and Mayo?

I have cottage cheese and jacket with salad or salmon with new pots par boiled and then let them cool, slice up and then pour some sweet chilli over pop in oven for half hour and they are gorgeous!!!! Serve with veg!

I'm doing Discover so not sure what the PP are but I love the John West Light Lunches - french style Tuna in particular, followed by a protion of Strawberries and Yoghurt is just sufficient to keep me going til tea time and the Discover points are 3 for the pack.

I'm doing Discover so not sure what the PP are but I love the John West Light Lunches - french style Tuna in particular, followed by a protion of Strawberries and Yoghurt is just sufficient to keep me going til tea time and the Discover points are 3 for the pack.

oh no i'm such an idiot. Sorry that is wrong it's 3pp for half a pack. Going to have to use the rest out of my weeklies :-(

was gonna say its 12/13pp for the full fat ones, that would be a big difference lol!

6pp is a good bargain because they do fill the old belleh!

I've got the full fat ones in for work, but only cause we had them sitting in the cupboard needing eaten.

I liked doing some rice, throwing in some mushrooms ham etc, then some soy sauce. Smaller portion would be a nice filling lunch :)

Well I always have cous cous and getting a bit bored but to be honest it's so filling!

A packet of Ainsley Harriot cous cous averages at 4 points but what I do is roast some peppers, courgettes, onions, tomatoes and whatever other veg I fancy and pack it out with that.

Yesterday though I decided to pack it out with celery and tomatoes cold and it was brilliant! The crunching of the celery made me feel like I was eating more and it filled me up.

I think I will work on variations and report back!

Spaghetti with tomato, onion and feta.
Serves 1. Points value is 5 1/2 points.

80g dried spaghetti
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 clove garlic crushed
2 vine ripened tomatoes
1/2 small red onion finely chopped
1/4 c coarsley chopped parsley if wanted
1 Tbs drained capers, chopped
30grams reduced fat feta, crumbled
Cook pasta following packet instructions, Drain, Return to pan.
Add lemon juice, garlic, tomato, onion and parsley to the pan and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with capers and feta. Serve immediately.
:talk017:

I tend to stick to salad with tuna and the spray balsamic dressing also use low fat cottage cheese sometimes and egg lots of cherry tomatoes and zero point soup if I am really hungry. I tend to stay away from bread, rice, pasta. I am insulin resistant and these foods bother me for some reason. If I eat bread I will be hungry constantly all day, same with rice and pasta. So I don't eat them I limit myself to one wrap per day with a high protein filling and I can get away from that.
I do sometimes cook a meal and make it for four and then box it up for lunches for both of us as well.

Whats for lunch everyone?

Hey guys!

Im starting to get a bit fed up with the same lunches every day at work. Just wondering what everyone else takes with them... :confused:

Today i'm having left over chow mein from last nights take away... yummm!! :D

well I'm at home and just had a lovely pizza with a warburtons wrap and yellow pepper, mushroom, spring onion and cheese also ww parmesan sauce yummy

Ohh that sounds delish

I just had tuna sambo
But I'd recommend brushetta wit Melba toast

Literally have zero groceries in house at the moment, going grocery shopping after lunch :) So all i have is a frozen ww curry meal 8PP!

I had WW tomato soup, with 3 melba toast. I also had a sandwich made with denny ham and 2 slices WW 1pp bread. Whole lot comes to 7pp ;) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Today i had a yummy toastie made from 2 slices 50/50 crustless, 1 light laughing cow cheese triangle, handful of rocket and 2 slices of wafer thin smoked ham all for 4PP. I also had a bag of multipack salt and vinegar quavers for 2PP.

Hi all

Hope you're all doing well.
I was just wondering if anyone had any lunch ideas. I've recently been having salad but im getting a bit sick of the same old thing.

It would be great if you guys could help.

Thanks Nat Xx

how about pasta mixed with tuna or chicken? Tuna light lunches r nice as well! :D

At ww meeting last week we spoke about lunches. A good idea for a wrap ( I use warburtons square cut in half) put tuna mixed with a bit of vinegar in the middle of the wrap, lettuce and a bit of chilli sauce and wrap it up! It's gorgeous. You can dry fry the wrap and add some low fat cheese so it's warm.

Back