Lunch Ideas

Struggling :( Lunch ideas please?

Hi everyone. I'm struggling a little bit at the moment. Life is completely, ridiculously busy and I'm finding it very hard to stick to my ppoints simply because I never know what to have for lunch. I have no problem with breakfasts, I have about 3 standard breakfasts all for the same ppoints which is cool, and I have an assortment of dinners between about 10 and 18 ppoints, which again is cool.

It's just lunches which are giving me problems. I used to go to Tescos across the road and grab a prepacked sandwich, bag of crisps and a bar of chocolate - which of course is how I got to be where I am now... :( Also Tescos Healthy Living sandwiches are, unfortunately revolting. :(

If money were no object I would go to Subway every day, low ppoints and yummy - but just too damned expensive.

The trouble is that I'm stupidly fussy sometimes, which is why I'm having problems.

So:

* I don't have time in the mornings (or energy in the evenings, I have fibromyalgia) to make a sandwich or a wrap or salad or anything like that to take to work with me. It has to be "grab and go".
* I loathe cous cous after far too many years on Slimming World.
* I do like things like Ryvita but am already bored with soft cheese and ham for a topping, and there's a limit to what I can make at work.
* When I was on Slimming World I used to take a box of leftovers from the previous night's dinner sometimes - but now I'm finding that I don't want to spend that many points on my lunch.
* I need it to be relatively inexpensive.

I'm asking for the moon on a stick here aren't I? :( I do have access to a fridge, kettle and microwave at work but nothing else. There is no preparation space at all.

Can anybody make any suggestions please? Subway is bankrupting me! :( What do you all have for lunch that might fit my picky/busy nature?

Thanks in advance everyone. :)

mmmm thats a hard one.....

no time to prepare soup every 2 days or so.....

.....mmm poached egg on bread, done in the microwave!?!

beans, spagetti hoops......
oat cakes with ex.light philla (little mini-tubs keep at work in fridge), baby tomatoes, yoghurt and fruit
mmmm.....its really difficult if you can't prepare night before. You could always batch cook a load of spag bol, portion and freeze, or curry or whatever. One big cook day, freeze about 10 or 12 portions of things to do 2 weeks at work!!

sorry no help really lol xx

2 things I have found.. Tesco do a salad by the sandwiches.. its a spicy chinese noodle salad in a green cardboard box type thing...it's gorgeous - and only 4 points.
M&S also have these new salad/soup bowls in the salad area, they have a sauce thing in the bottom and you add water and stick them in the microwave and they make soup. They are only 3 or 4 points. Both of these are about £2 so about the same price as a regular meal deal.

Soup's are also good. WW do a couple of tins, take some bread to bulk them out, or even nice with ryvita dipped in.

WW Bagels are useful to have in at 4 points, especially with Philadelphia mini pots at 1.

There are lots of 'light' pre packed sandwiches that are around 6/7 points, so you could add some fruit and a curly wurly and a weight watchers yogurt for 10 points.

Tinned Salmon and Cucumber is a nice topping for crackers.

Also maybe half the portion of leftovers that you would normally have had, but take it in with a salad/veggies and some fruit.

how many pp's do you like to use for lunch ??

if you have a microwave how about a WW or tesco l/c ready meal ? ..... or some of the tesco value meals are quite low in pp ..... i like the value sweet and sour chicken and rice (i think its 9pp)

what about ww soup and some bread ?

chedds cheese and toasties are good and only 4pp a pack !

how about buying a pre-packed salad and some already cooked chicken and have a chicken salad ... maybe add some croutons .... and serve with mayo or salad cream (or another low pp dressing)

Last edited:
Thank you guys :) I think soup was something I hadn't really considered. No trouble at all to chuck a can of soup and a roll in my bag in the morning and then nuke it at lunchtime. Ideal for winter too. Thank you, really. I knew there was something obvious I hadn't thought of :) xx

I usually have soup most days either the WW tomato or chicken for 2PP each. Like you I like to try and keep my lunches low because I really enjoy a big dinner because if I don't eat a big dinner by the time we have walked the dog for 1.5hrs I would come home starving again and pick the rest of the night.

If I fancy something different I go to the streat cafe and get a chicken salad with cucumber, peppers, boiled egg and sweet chilli sauce.

Have been really really off track for the last 2 weeks so have come back online today to try and keep my motovation up :)

Why dont you just get the w.w micorwave meals??? there about £1-£2 each and there nice i think so anyway stick it in microwave??

low fat super noodles are 8-9pp a packet u can do them in the mircowave, chicken and mushroom pot noodles are 10pp depends how many points u want to spend really... the heinz big soup, chunky vegatable is 5pp a can and is too die for :) x

I have a slow cooker (my favourite kitchen gadget ever!) and I used it to make BNS and Tomato Soup (Zero points) overnight one of the days last week. I just blended it in the morning and put it into a flask. It was still warm by lunchtime and I had it with 2 slices of WW bread for a lovely 3PP lunch.

pitta bread with, tuna/philadelphia, cucumber.0pp soup,
ww pots, veg burger,wraps.low fat coleslaw.
salad fruit.cook apple with custard (cinnamon).i make houmous with philadelphia, frozen half for another day.

Lunch ideas on pro points

Work in an office and do not have a canteen so I have to take my own lunch.

What sort of things do you take into work every day?

Hi guys!!

I'm so stuck for lunches/dinners..breakfasts..snacks...

I'm using up my PP's so quickly!!
I don't know how to make my own soup and we only have ovens in work, we can't put microwavable items into it so to heat up soup I think I'd have to put it in a foil take away container which seems so much hassle for a bit of soup!!

How many PP's is it for ryvita with tuna and low fat mayo? 80 g of John West in Sunflower oil - 3PP, 4 Ryvita - 4PP, Helmanns light mayo 1 tbsp -1PP so 8PP altogether?? seems alot for something so little? I guess it'll fill you and if you bulk it out with veg on the side it'd be good.

Mcdonnells super noodles are 5pp per pack!

I'm starting to think I'm pointing things completely incorrectly, even with the calculator!

Super noodles? They are probably not 5pp... You need to check the grams per serving for things like that hon. If you want soup at work, you could just get a wee flask to keep it warm or buy some cup-a-soups? I just bring WW bagels and some ham or chicken for them.

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Super noodles? They are probably not 5pp... You need to check the grams per serving for things like that hon. If you want soup at work, you could just get a wee flask to keep it warm or buy some cup-a-soups? I just bring WW bagels and some ham or chicken for them.

I checked and i'm 95% sure I'm right ! Will check again in the morning :)

Maybe they're not the same noodles I'm thinking of then... But I'm fairly sure they are and I've seen people point them wrong before. The nutritional info on my noodles is for 100g and per serving (150g) but that's only half the pack (the whole pack is 300g). I know a whole pack of chicken or curry flavour are about 14pp. Think there's low fat ones you can get too though. There's a thread about the noodles here (Batchelors/McDonnells are the same noodles - ones in the blue pack):
http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-propoints-queries/192746-batchelors-supernoodles.html

Back