Lurk no more, fat no more

Thank youuuuu:)

I'm now trying to resist the urge to eat celebratory chocolate (within syns, of course!) I've been waiting for my jacket spud to cook for 2 hours now, oven is shot to peices and takes forever!

Am going to resist the chocolate, even just for tonight, to prove I can :) Got clear goals ahead...I just wish I had more clear weeks like i've had the last few to really crack on with it - Next week I'm out for one night (but probably not drinking), then all good until mid feb but then I have 2 weeks off work, my birthday, OH's birthday, 4 parties/gigs, plus lots of birthday meals and treats. ARGHHHHHHHHH I am well happy with how its going without birthdays/fun/alcohol.

I have fromage frais with a options hot chocolate powder stirred into it, 2 syns but it does cure a sweet tooth urge.
You're doing so well and you're so focused. Social stuff scares me but take it in your stride and just enjoy yourself.

The social element is great - its the stuff that comes with it...being on the road and trying to eat healthy is hard work, I'll be surrounded by alcohol. No one knows I'm on SW either so people will be buying me ciders and expecting me to be drunk...which I'd love to do!! I'm just doing so well and have only recently started noticing little bits that are different, and I want to keep going...summer is going to be a minefield, I work a lot of festivals and they are a no go for healthy eating/living. I am struggling to see how I will get to target or maintain, not because its not achieveable, but it will be hard to avoid/cut down on alcohol. Thats my main problem, i can see now - in January I haven't drunk and its made a difference - really focused, no drink calories/no mindless eating...but I miss it and its a big part of my life, especially in summer when my whole work and social life revolves around drinking. I wish I could have a normal life and job, just sometimes, so I could be consistent :)

Only 6 syns today which is great :) I feel like i've eaten like a horse, but I think i've just kept myself busy.

B - apple, banana, pear, soya yogurt (2.5)
L - roasted sweet potato wedges, massive salad with about 12 raw ingredients, HEXB of 12 cashews
D - Jacket potato, HEXB soya cheese, more salad, half a tin of beans, BBQ brown sauce (1)
Snacks - pasta pot thingy, square of dark choc (2.5), HEXA 250ml chocolate oat milk

Just jigged my meal plans about for the rest of the week as I won a MASSIVE bag of fruit for SOTW, now have a huge basket full of fruit!! Got 3 melons, a pomelo (yum yum) so many apples its untrue, bananas, pears, kiwi's...plus all of my berries in the fridge. Literally went fruit and veg shopping before weigh in and got sucked into the bargains...now I have a larder of fruit :) Gonna have the biggest bowl of fruit tomorrow!

Good day today :) not been snacking at all, had lots of fruit and veg :) only used 3.5 syns, and still have my alpen light hexb for later...an wondering writer to have some chocolate???

Had some chocolate in the end was beautiful!

I feel like I am losing weight now. I just wanna get back on the exercise but the snow/ice in Norfolk is horrendous, even walking to the shops is treacherous. Was a hand's depth on my car this morning, all just from yesterday!

Am hoping for 2lbs off at weigh in on Thursday, that will get me to my stone and a half :) I'm then hoping for another 7lbs off between then and February 28th, but it might be hard as I have a gig up in Edinburgh, my birthday, OH's birthday and 2 gigs down in London between now and then...am going to have to try really hard. As long as I don't put on in Feb I'll be fine, then I'm off to India on 28th for 2 weeks, then flying back and straight back up to Scotland for another gig haha. I'll be happy with a maintain in March too, but I might lose some weight in India (lots of walking/swimming, hot weather suppressing my appetite, lots of veg and fruit, NO CHOCOLATE) so will see what the scales say when I get back :)

I've got 6 weigh ins, 3 at my usual group and 3 to fit in around hospital visits, traveling and work, before I go to India. 9lbs would be a dream for me so I could get my 2 stone before I leave. Fingers crossed ;)

Oh you are well on it. Your going to get it. We're lucky that the snow is starting to melt here but I think that we are due some more tomorrow.

Went out snowboarding today!!!! Its a foot deep in the countryside :) eaten rubbish today mind, under my 10 syns but not been great for superfree food as can't get to the supermarket.

Hi Madlegrot,

I'm a long term vegan SWer who has been avoiding this forum a lot lately. Trying to re-inspire myself I cam back and !!!!! look !!!!! another vegan person doing SW. I've got a very personal diary on the gold or silver membere thingummy if you want to drop by. I put all the foods I was eating there when it was going well for me.

What are these sage and onion sausages you seem to eat so freely? I'm not aware of them. I know the Linda McCartney Rosemary and onion ones are fee ... and nice. Fry's used to do some low fat ones that were very nice too, and free but Fry's came of the SW data base for some reason and the low fat sausages disappeared from the freezer compartments of everywhere I shop.

Regarding vegan low fat salad dressings, it is such a nuisance, the tesco and sainsbury and asda lo fat good for you ones were all OK then one by one they started adding sodding dairy. Asda were the last to go under, I had one stashed in the cupboard and now have finished that. Oh well, back to balsamic venegar, much healthier anyway. but strange, it is sweet and sweetened with grape musk, I don't see why its free but sometimes the SW logic seems to lack .... logic.

Nice to see you here, I'll pop back to my own diary latter tonight if I get a chance.

Hey good to hear from a fellow vegan :)

I realised I have been calling the sage and onion sausages as sage and onion - my bad! They are indeed the same thing, and very yummy. I couldn't live without them as they are the only damn free food that is quick and easy.
There is a dressing, I will find the name of it after work, but its vegan and free which is great but only sold in mega supermarkets...apart from that I use balsamic - there is a shop in Norwich called 'Oil & Vinegar' and they sell 1,000,000 different types of balsamic...my fave at the min is date balsamic :) Goes perfectly well on its own drizzled over a nice crispy salad.

How have your losses been so far? Did you find it really hard getting used to SW? It is easy now I know what things are, but it took me about 2 months to get my head round it, and the fact that I have to syn EVERYTHING unlike our non-vegan friends who have fat free yogurt, low fat mayo etc. It seems to be working for me now though, with a few lb off each week :) Will check your diary out now x

Have had a good few days - been above 10 syns a day though, but I've been treating myself to a little chocolate and also finished off some crisps that have been laying around for 3 months or so! Weigh in tomorrow, am hoping for 2 so I can get my stone and a half :) Would be super chuffed with that!!

WOOHOO 2.5lbs off tonight! Got 3 awards - club ten, stone and a half and another slimmer of the week - I'm on a roll!!! So chuffed :D

Had a good week - under on 15 syns every day, been having over 10 this week as been wanting to snack but that is subsiding now. Feel satisfied, full and healthy. Strange how last week I lost 2lb and really felt like I'd lost, but don't feel/look any different this week - my stomach has gone and now is completley flat (was huge before - like a cider baby) so I've lost my only real reference point. The rest of my fat is on my legs and bum and that will just scale down gradually so won't notice it so much.

I'm gonna push hard to get another 6lbs off before Feb 28th, I'd love to get into the 13's before I go to India :) Got a clear 2 weeks ahead, so if I can get 2lbs a week, that leaves me 1lb a week for last 2 weigh ins...got my birthday, Oh's birthday, weekend in scotland and 2 big parties down in London to contend with but I am sure I can do it!

Well done you, that really is a great achievement.

Thankoooo :) Can't reply to your message btw as it says your inbox is full haha x

Got 5 more weigh ins until I go on holiday - next two weeks are clear, so going to try for 2lbs each week to get me on the way to my 2 stone award. Week after that I have a heavy weekend in London, my Oh's birthday and my birthday, so will be happy to maintain or even gain one...then a weekend in edinburgh (drinking of course) so the week after that will be tough, but the next week is clear...will weigh in Thurs morning before i fly to India....might be able to scrape my 2 stone award before I go away...diet is gonna be tough from 9th Feb until the 14th march as I'm away a lot and having fun...but straight back on it when I'm back in March and working towards my next goals. would love to have 3 stone off before may as I'm off to france for the weekend...so another 20 lbs to go until then :)

You are soooooo focused. I'd better empty my inbox then .... scurry scurry ......

ARGHHHH I swear half of my problem is the OH. He makes me stressed out!! Offered to take me to the cinema earlier, sounded great...started planning what I was gonna eat there...he now just came in and said 'I don't have much money though' well sod it then! I'm not paying for a night out! Madness. Now I feel stressed and ****** off...only had 2 syns today though, so am gonna treat myself to some choc later.

Stress is one of my main triggers for eating rubbish and I'm surrounded by stress when I'm home at the min. No cleaning gets done, all of my food that I pay for just gets eaten without a thanks or an effort to replace it, diesel and petrol gets paid for by moi and used by him. Fed up of it, and being skint, because someone else can't budget!! I have enough to pay for without doling someone else out free money.

ARGHHHHHHHHH

Nights like this - loads of syns left, lots of booze downstairs, stressed - makes me feel like sacking off the 'no booze january' and reaching for the bottle. MUST RESIST

Inviting you out and then saying you have to pay for it ... pfffft! Family trouble are enough to drive anyone into size 24 clothes ;( You were really really focused earlier, is it too late to ask you how you can get that back.

Nah, even if you've necked a few bottles by now. LISTEN TO ME!!!!! This weight loss malarky is important to you. Don't let yourself be undone by OH's fecklessness. It doesn't hurt him - it hurts you.

Tomorrow, have serious thoughts about where this relationship is heading. What benefits do you get from it? What bad things does it bring? Does one side of the equation weigh the other out?

You should be able to pm me now, I've whittled through my inbox and got a little space.

Well done on the loss this week :D keep up the great work and dont let anyone bring you down hun stay strong and focussed you can do this x

Fanx guys :) You lot are beauts!

Survived without drinking - I had some chocolate instead (5 syns)...and treated myself at dinner to my old style home made salad dressing (1 syn) and a tablespoon of pure spread to have with my roll at dinner (3 syns). Damage limitation never tasted so good :)

Still a bit peeved in general but just hiding away upstairs procrastinating on the internet. Had an AMAZING dinner though ,came out lush. Did a veggie risotto, massive bowl of salad, ww roll (HEXB) with the bits above. Was delicious, and I'm now feeling nicely full and almost ready for bed...got an early start tomorrow, damn job. Bed once I've done the clothes washing (!!! cos none of that gets done! and I got nowt to wear to work tomorrow) had a shower and maybe washed my hair (takes about half an hour - probably can't be bothered).

I am amazed sometimes at how I haven't binged so far on this diet - as in, got stressed and gone mental. I used to do it all the time - I'd have no one to talk to in the local area and phones are a bit formal and weird so whenever I get narked off I sorta have nowhere to go with it. What I'd do pre-SW is get pissed off, go home, drink loads (or if the weather is nice, go to the allotment and drink loads) and gorge on rubbish foods, mainly sugarly stuff. Now my sweet tooth has pretty much gone `(to the point its really, really easy for me to say no to it) and when I am bubbling away, I can manage to find a way to eat but not do any damage. I'm amazed at how much its changed me in only 3 months! I was always a destructive comfort eater; I ate really, really well before SW and not a lot has changed day to day except cutting out oil and bread; but it was the emotional eating that made me so overweight. I'm pretty chuffed, as my house is full of chocolate, booze (i have a bar downstairs!!) and other naughty stuff yet I am very able and happy to look it every day and not even give it a thought. Maybe because i have it here, it makes it easier to say no? Not sure, but its working :)

Back