Luv2BSlim's Slim & Save Diary

Well done on getting to week 6! Love the plaque, where did you get it from? I think you should buy the shorts, clothes always motivate me.

We have similar stats and people usually start noticing after a couple of stone with me - hope you see a difference soon! xx

Well done on getting to week 6! Love the plaque, where did you get it from? I think you should buy the shorts, clothes always motivate me.

We have similar stats and people usually start noticing after a couple of stone with me - hope you see a difference soon! xx

Thank you ilikepencils. I got the plaque from eBay, a seller called big_occasions. At first I made my choice by searching for 'weight loss plaque'

Wow you've lost 14lb in 1 week! even though we started at pretty much the same weight it took me 4-5 weeks to lose that! oh dear hehehe. Me too! Can't wait xx

Day 39

I weighed myself today to get a starting weight for the May challenge. Bit of a bummer to see I'm only down by .25lb since Saturday! argh poo. Just because I had a good loss last week doesn't mean I will this week. Definitely going to book myself in for another thyroid test at this rate.

Last night I had a tin of tuna and mixed it with some cucumber and spring onions then wrapped it in lettuce, yummy.

I am doing 3 packs and a protein all week this week beacuse I'm rather low on packs and need to make another order. I bought a multivitamin from Sainsbury's but decided not to take it. I am paranoid about it being sugar coated or not. I wish I knew how to tell or if it was as simple as it's printed on the bottle lol.

Rather annoyed to find that Sainsbury's have changed the ingredients in the Strawberry and Kiwi sparkling water, it now contains citric acid. And also to find they no longer stock the Peach or Apple and Blackberry flavoured water

Last edited:
hi luv2be!

just wanted to say hello and say keep going!!

do go and get your thyroid checked, but also you should ask for a trial of 3 months on the meds for it due to your previous readings (i went through a load of tests privately last year, we suspected i had a tumour in my pituitary gland, i dont, turns out the mini pill was affecting my adrenal glands, pituitary gland and thyroid gland!) x

hi luv2be!

just wanted to say hello and say keep going!!

do go and get your thyroid checked, but also you should ask for a trial of 3 months on the meds for it due to your previous readings (i went through a load of tests privately last year, we suspected i had a tumour in my pituitary gland, i dont, turns out the mini pill was affecting my adrenal glands, pituitary gland and thyroid gland!) x

Hi PrettyPaula,

Aw thank you!
I will phone the doctors so I can go get another blood test done. I haven't ever requested a trial on medication before, just sat in the appointment hoping they would suggest it themselves, so I will ask for a trial and see what my doctor says.

I was on the pill for 6 years, eventually stopped taking it in Oct 2010. I have been seriously thinking of going back on it because of my extremely painful periods but I am a little it will make it even harder for me to lose weight, which is really not what I want right now
x

Last edited:
Day 42

EW sick of tuna now! Sick of the chilli con carne too! So in my next order I will not be ordering anymore spaghetti bolognese and no more of the chilli either. It looks like it's going to mainly be porridge, shakes, a few bars, mushroom pasta and possibly cottage pie. I think I have just about enough to last me until about Tuesday so I have decided not to make an order today, wouldn't make much different because it wont probably get shipped until Tuesday because of the bank holiday.

Seriously slacking on my water *sigh*.

Weigh in day tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it! I hope I have lost 3lbs... come on pretty pleaseeeeeeeee :D

Measurements seem to be stuck damn things. On the plus side, mum said my jacket fits me differently now when we went out the other day and that made me feel good.

This is probably going to sound stupid, but I swear I don't get as out of breath going up my stairs as I did before I started... surely can't be imagining it lol.

Oh well, no doubt I'll be festering over my weigh in tomorrow for the rest of today :rolleyes:. It's as if it's starting to take over my life slightly.

Relax hun..... its coming off. I know its infuriating, I was mega annoyed with my 1st week losses, but trying to just forget about weighing, keep trucking, drinking water...and changes will happen - wether in Inches or Pounds!!!

bluuergg... you've done well to keep eating tuna this long!! lol I like having 2 eggs scrambled...mmm.. that I dont get tired off, especially not with lots of mushrooms/greens thrown in! :)

Hang in there hun, hope your weekend is nice xx

We like the same packs apart from the cottage pie. Do you eat chicken? I like it wrapped in foil with an Italian herb mix on the top.

I hope you get the results you want tomorrow, you deserve it!

Also, my big first week loss was probably mainly water! I'm guessing you've had a much bigger fat loss than me!

You're doing great x

Day 44

Weigh in day yesterday (week 6) and I lost 1.¾lb *humph*. I got on the scales at first after trying for ages to go for a number 2 (sorry tmi) as I always do that before weighing in... but this week I couldn't get anything to happen so just had to get on the scales without it, well at that point it said I had only lost ¾ of a lb since last week!! and yep, I started to cry at the pure frustration of not even being able to lose 1lb in a week. After a couple of hours I felt the need to go so I did, I hadn't eaten or had a drink at that point so after going to the loo I decided to weigh myself again. The scales went down by another 1lb (so since last Saturday the scales were down by 1.¾lb) and I decided to take that as my weekly loss as normally I would have been to the loo before weighing anyway.

Overall my day was pretty horrid yesterday, felt so down and depressed and cried a lot which was not all down to my weigh in, other personal stuff too. I didn't have tuna as my protein meal, I ended up having some lamb doner kebab meat :rolleyes: oh dear hate to think how many calories that was! I also bought a bottle of Coke Zero. I had some yesterday and I'm having some of it today, once the bottle is empty I wont buy another for a while as I do like to stick to just water if I can.

I was thinking earlier that although this type of diet you can lose up to 14lb a month I would be pretty cool with losing 12lb a month, which broken down is about 3lb a week... so that means if I just completed week 6 that would be an 18lb loss, well I have lost 17.25lb so not far off. thinking like that has made me feel better about my losses.

My mission for the next week, get my water up to over 2L again! been slacking real bad.

Last edited:
Relax hun..... its coming off. I know its infuriating, I was mega annoyed with my 1st week losses, but trying to just forget about weighing, keep trucking, drinking water...and changes will happen - wether in Inches or Pounds!!!

bluuergg... you've done well to keep eating tuna this long!! lol I like having 2 eggs scrambled...mmm.. that I dont get tired off, especially not with lots of mushrooms/greens thrown in! :)

Hang in there hun, hope your weekend is nice xx

Hi RebekahR, Definitely have to keep going. If I give up, I could gain back my loss so far very very easily and be back to square one :(

Hehe yeah I normally love tuna, but I guess it's like anything, if you eat something every day you can get bored of it. I LOVE eggs. I had been having 2 eggs as my protein then switched to tuna, either boiled or scrambled (was surprised how much I got out of 2 eggs) so think I am going to have that a few times a week... yummy :D

xx

We like the same packs apart from the cottage pie. Do you eat chicken? I like it wrapped in foil with an Italian herb mix on the top.

I hope you get the results you want tomorrow, you deserve it!

Also, my big first week loss was probably mainly water! I'm guessing you've had a much bigger fat loss than me!

You're doing great x

Hi ilikepencils, I haven't had a cottage pie in a while... really hope I still like it. Yes I do eat chicken but must admit not too keen on it being plain so might give that a try thanks :D

I think I am too fixated on what the scales say, even though I shouldn't be. I remember my first week weigh in moaning to a friend about only losing 4lbs when really I shouldn't have as it's water weight. I'm such a numpty lol. It's as if it's starting to take over, although I am not as bad as I could be as I have not developed a habit of weighing in daily. But throughout the week I am wishing the days away for Saturday to arrive to check my weight

xx

My shea butter arrived yesterday so I will start using that on my skin soon.

Earlier at about 9pm I had a horrid 2 hours where I felt my willpower and determination to lose weight just slip away from me. It was so strange and had me very worried. It's the first time I had felt like that in 6 weeks of being on S&S. Luckily it did disappear and I don't feel like that right now, I hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head again any time soon.

Last edited:
Hope you got to sleep hunny

It is so so hard, I have been struggling with money pretty much since I left uni. Things aren't gettin cheaper. I find this cheaper than eating as I always am tempted by coffee or popping back to shops normally!! Hugs hun - it can feel impossible but it will improve. Agreed trying to look at things before bed a bad idea!!

You could mix and match using up your old shakes?? I'm nearly out of stuff got to stretch them for two weeks... Eek!!

Hang in there hun xxx

Day 46

I am going to have 2 boiled eggs for my protein tonight, just have to pop out and get some first... really looking forward to them. I'm also going to see if I can get some Dulcolax Pico Perles from my local pharmacy tomorrow as it seems I am now going for a number 2 even less eek

I have been craving quite a bit over the past few days, something that usually happens to me when my TOTM is due hmm I'm thinking it could possibly be coming soon and wont be every 6 weeks like before.

Hope you got to sleep hunny

It is so so hard, I have been struggling with money pretty much since I left uni. Things aren't gettin cheaper. I find this cheaper than eating as I always am tempted by coffee or popping back to shops normally!! Hugs hun - it can feel impossible but it will improve. Agreed trying to look at things before bed a bad idea!!

You could mix and match using up your old shakes?? I'm nearly out of stuff got to stretch them for two weeks... Eek!!

Hang in there hun xxx

Hi Rebekah aww thank you xx
I did manage to get to sleep in the end, thankfully it was bank holiday :eek:

It's hard trying to make the pennies stretch but I agree that doing this diet is cheaper than before... I used to buy a lot of take aways, no wonder I was always in my overdraft lol

I might just have to do that or maybe I might just do full exante for a few weeks if I can cope with it. I will have to check my bank and if I can I'll definitely just order 5 weeks worth of S&S as I much prefer it.

xx

Last edited:
Day 50

I lost 3.¼ lb this week I am chuffed with that! I wanted to lose about 12 lb a month so I'm pretty much on target. I also completed one of my goals and I'm now out of the 200's yay! In about 3 lbs I'll be in the 13's, can't wait.

So I'm out of S&S products now apart from 3 packs of chilli which I hate now, yuk. I made my order on Thursday night and it's due for delivery on Monday. I have some exante shakes left so I am going to use them today and tomorrow to get me through until my S&S packs come. I ordered 70 oatmeal porridge to have two per day, enough shakes to have two per day and enough bars to have 3 times a week. I didn't order any of the meals as I can no longer stand any of them not even the cottage pie or mushroom pasta which I loved.

My belly has given in and gone down another 3cm since last weekish. It's now down 10cm. I haven't checked any of my other measurements recently but can tell my boobs have gone down even more by the way the skin is looking! ergh.

I have the most awful PMT right now. So irritable.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss hun

Tastes do change, thats why I am a bit reluctant about doing a hugggee order this month. I pretty much figured shakes/oatmeal suits me too... I like the meals, but find them a bit too filling now for everyday

waah pms stinks!! ...soon be here and gonee

Have a good weekend x

Day 51 - Now in week 8

Thank you Deezer and Rebekah :D x

That's one of the ones I have worried about when making the big order. I just hope I don't start disliking the porridge! :giggle:

Day 51 - Now in week 8 WOOP! :cool:

I decided to use the exante banana shakes over the weekend because I really loved them before. Well, let's just say... I now think they're absolutely GROSS! they don't even taste like banana anymore to me. They are quite thick and I prefer the texture of the S&S shakes and the fact that I do not have to add any sweetener as they're already sweet enough. I can now officially say I will not be doing exante again as long as I can continue to do S&S.

I tried to do some of the 30 day shred today because I was incredibly bored this afternoon. I did manage to do it all and was quite shocked because I am really not fit at all. I couldn't do the star jumps or any other jumps properly so had to change them up a bit because my floorboards really wouldn't have been able to cope with me jumping on them lol. I don't plan on doing it every day for 30 days or anything, I just wanted to give it a go.

I plan to have a weeks break once I have completed week 12, there's a small possibility that I wont and I will wait until a bit longer, but right now I have 12 weeks in mind.

I cannot wait for my S&S order to arrive tomorrow! 3 bars a week this time mmmm yum. Because I was doing the exante shakes this weekend I decided to do it their way, so no veg and it's weird, in the back of my mind I am craving it like crazy because I've told myself I can't have it... never thought that would happen. So looking forward to some veg tomorrow :)

Day 53

In the past few hours I've been feeling pretty poop. I have a funny head, it's as if there's a build up of pressure inside. My ears also feel like they're about to pop and my limbs feel really weak - kinda like they did in the first week before getting into ketosis. I keep thinking maybe I've been knocked out of ketosis? but I haven't had anything I shouldn't so it doesn't really make sense. I feel sooo tired and have 0 energy. I also really don't feel like eating and I had to force my porridge down. The thought of cooking my veg and chicken for dinner really is not appealing to me right now! but I know I have to eat it and have my last pack too. Hmm I could literally just fall asleep right here right now. I honestly feel like jumping into bed and going to sleep even though it's only just gone 6pm, but I can't, got things to do :( I hope my yukky feeling goes away soon. It will be a case of having to force my dinner and last pack down later.

I was tempted to weigh in today but trying my hardest to wait until Saturday. I find when I weigh in more than once per week it just spoils it for me but for some reason I still get tempted.

Back