Lux's diary - take 2!

How are you doing Lux?

Day 3

I've had a 100% TS day so far! Strawberry shake for breakfast and bar for lunch :) hopefully be able to stay away from the carby pretzels tonight! Hubby is home tonight and he is very good at keeping me on track so I'm sure tonight will be better.
I decided not to tell friends about exante this time unless it was necessary, because in the past when I explained to people what it was and how it worked they were horrified. Not sure why. So my friend messaged me earlier, saying she had 2-4-1 voucher for us at gourmet burger kitchen. I said I couldn't come because of exante, and she just said 'oh, one burger won't hurt!' YES IT WILL!! I'm a bit miffed because last time I did this she was very supportive. Maybe she doesn't realise how seriously I'm taking it and how difficult it is to get back on track if I go off plan with something like burger and fries! I'm already nervous because my bother and his family are visiting in three weeks, before I finish my 28 days, and I will have to have two nights off plan. Just hope I can do well until then and pick up where I left off when they go home!!

Good afternoon and well done so far xx

I'm with you about not telling people I'm on Exante. Can't be doing with the lectures!

Just my hubby, sons and best friend know I'm doing it. Much easier this way I find. Anybody asks and I just say I'm watching what I eat or low carbing.

I'm the opposite. I think everyone I know is aware I'm doing exante!

I just find it easier to not say anything, in case I fail. I hate admitting I've failed anything! Not that I'm planning on failing! haha. Just ordered one of each exante 'meals', one each of the new shake flavours and a pot of coffee. Standard delivery, should arrive monday I reckon. Nice surprise for next week! :D

Day 4

Having a great 100% TS day so far! Vanilla shake for breakfast and soon to have bar for lunch. I must drink more water today, felt a bit groggy when I woke up this morning.

I've also changed my target from 10st to 9st6lb, because 9st7lb is classed as 'overwieght' according to my BMI. I never used to pay any attention to BMI, however when I was pregnant, the hospital use it to assess a person's 'risk factor', and I hated being obese this time round so vowed to be in the normal range next time!

4st6lb to lose by June next year, is this even possible?! Seems like a heck of a lot to have to lose :( Must stay positive!!

I've had a 100% TS day so far! Strawberry shake for breakfast and bar for lunch :) hopefully be able to stay away from the carby pretzels tonight! Hubby is home tonight and he is very good at keeping me on track so I'm sure tonight will be better.
I decided not to tell friends about exante this time unless it was necessary, because in the past when I explained to people what it was and how it worked they were horrified. Not sure why. So my friend messaged me earlier, saying she had 2-4-1 voucher for us at gourmet burger kitchen. I said I couldn't come because of exante, and she just said 'oh, one burger won't hurt!' YES IT WILL!! I'm a bit miffed because last time I did this she was very supportive. Maybe she doesn't realise how seriously I'm taking it and how difficult it is to get back on track if I go off plan with something like burger and fries! I'm already nervous because my bother and his family are visiting in three weeks, before I finish my 28 days, and I will have to have two nights off plan. Just hope I can do well until then and pick up where I left off when they go home!!

People don't realise how hard it is thats the problem, my mum is the least supportive person in the world, she tells me i'm fat, then when I lose weight i'm too thin...she has never said I look good and she constantly tries to give me food, it's really not pleasant. My friends are pretty supportive but they still tut about it a bit. The people I work with think i'm bonkers but they don't make comments about it being a bad thing, thats good at least :)

Good afternoon Lux xx

I think that it's roughly 29 weeks until June? So say you manage to lose 6.5lbs this first week (very do-able) that would leave exactly 4st to lose in 28 weeks...

56lbs / 28wks = 2lbs a week. I think that's a very realistic goal and time scale to get there. You should lose more than that to start with, but given Christmas and New Year will soon be upon us, it might be a tad unrealistic to stay on track for a week or so.

Yeah I think if people don't struggle with food/weight they can find it hard to sympathise. Also, I've known some people who struggle like me but when I'm trying to do something about it they try to tempt me to eat! Awful! Haha. I think will power is tested the most when people around you aren't supportive. Luckily my husband is fab and keeps me going :D

2lb a week sounds very doable!! Even if I put on 2-4lb over Xmas, that should come off easily on first 2 weeks back on plan? Oh I really hope I can do it!!

I think the key to staying on plan is this forum! :D

It's amazing how supportive everyone is, it better support than I've had in the past at slimming world or weight watchers!!!

Hi Lux

Just thought I'd pop by to see how you're getting on. Well done for staying 100% I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time. I know what you mean about not wanting to tell people that you're on Exante because most of the people I've told think I have an eating disorder and have demanded that I go eat a solid meal lol

Keep doing what you're doing chick...I'm sure that your minimins family will support you whether you want us to or not lol

Hope you're having a fab evening xx

Thank you Aisha :D I've already found that the support keeps me going! Hope you're doing well today, haven't had a chance to read diaries today!

Oh Lux I've got that Friday feeling today...I've just posted my diary for today and there's not a single moan in sight lol xx

Well done guys, doing TS is tough so I take my hats off to you, stay positive, think thin, we'll all get there and stay there :D

Oh my god, whatever my husband is cooking in the kitchen smells amazing. I feel sick with tummy rumbles :( HUNGRY!

Oh my god, whatever my husband is cooking in the kitchen smells amazing. I feel sick with tummy rumbles :( HUNGRY!

Stay strong Lux

I've been smelling yummy food most of the day today too. I'm not hungry..i think I just want a warm dinner because I'm feeling cold today :-/

Xx

Day 5

Feeling positively fabulous! Still hungry so pretty certain I'm not in ketosis yet (due to pretzels of first 3 days probably), but I'm so proud I've gotten to day 5 without falling off the wagon massively. hope everyone is having a fab weekend :D

Well done for sticking to the plan Lux, I think you're doing really well :)

I think I'm doing working solution tomorrow if my family decide to go out for a meal :-/ I need to pre-plan my low carb meal order so I don't get tempted by looking at the menu in the restaurant :D

Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

Back