Lux's diary - take 2!

After my initial high this morning, I am inexplicably pessimistic this evening. I felt great after weighing, I had a mint choc shake which was lovely. Then it all went downhill. I went for tea with my friend, but instead of taking an exante bar I took a slim fast bar, which I don't think I'm allowed because I think it has too many carbs. I also had a drop if milk in my tea. Then I came home and was so hungry I had my 'dinner' at 4pm, carbonara which I thought was nice.
Problem is, I'm really hungry again but am not allowed any more food packs, really don't know what to do - don't want to fall of the wagon, but I'm really really hungry :(

Hey Lux

I think I'd have some lean protein like some grilled chicken or some boiled eggs rather than starve because I'm more likely to binge on off plan food if I get really hungry.

Draw a line under today and start afresh in the morning xx

Aisha

Yeah i'm with Aisha, Just draw a line and start a fresh, we've all been there, chicken or eggs really do help curb the hunger whilst being trace carbs so it's just calories which you will be under anyway as on VLCD.

Stay positive, chin up :)

Day 9

Well, last night instead of giving up, I cheated very slightly, and ate another bar. I should have had chicken or an egg like you girls said to keep the carbs low, but I had neither in the house, so I though a bar would fill me up and be a better choice than a packet of crisps. Can't have done much damage though, as this morning I was another pound lighter after staying the same for a few days :D I'm super chuffed I didn't give up now!

Today is a great day, so far have had a banana shake for breakfast and choc orange bar for lunch, but not nearly enough water. Back home now so I'm gonna drink a few glasses this afternoon.
Feeling on top of the world again, thanks for all the the support :D x

A bar is a good choice. I haven't had any shakes today...I feel really rough so couldn't face it, going to have one when I get home and because i'll do it in the blender with ice it'll taste good rather than flat and lumpy in work lol. I had water biscuits (lowish carbs) and be good to yourself coronation tuna from sainsburys (90 calories a can and low cards) so not feeling too guilty about it. Just ordered the hairy dieters for life book to get some inspiration for food as i'm struggling with the nightly chicken salad, getting bored.

Hope everyone has had a good day, Lux you are doing awesome! (bad grammar i know haha)

A bar is a good choice. I haven't had any shakes today...I feel really rough so couldn't face it, going to have one when I get home and because i'll do it in the blender with ice it'll taste good rather than flat and lumpy in work lol. I had water biscuits (lowish carbs) and be good to yourself coronation tuna from sainsburys (90 calories a can and low cards) so not feeling too guilty about it. Just ordered the hairy dieters for life book to get some inspiration for food as i'm struggling with the nightly chicken salad, getting bored.

Hope everyone has had a good day, Lux you are doing awesome! (bad grammar i know haha)

Well done, that's really good! I bought the shaker from Exante from my shakes this time, but I used to have them blended with ice last time I did this diet, you're right, it does taste better that way! Hope you get lots of nice inspiration from the cook book, I can imagine chicken salad getting a bit boring. What about fish? Salmon or something?

I have a shaker from my CD days with the ball in and it works, but in work I have the shakes already in a bottle...and they never mix properly...i'm not ordering them again (or i'll order another shaker to keep in work)

I have had salmon a few nights too...I am just getting bored with salad, I need to be a bit more adventurous and staying within my carbs and calories....i just need some inspiration. Feeling yucky isn't helping either, plus I just want to go to sleep when I get home but have a couple of jobs I need to apply for tonight as work is currently a living nightmare :-(

Oh I hope work gets better for you :( maybe have some chicken/lamb/salmon skewers with peppers and mushrooms?!

How weird, I brought some peppers and mushrooms when I finished work to have skewers tomorrow. I had salad left over that I didn't want to throw out (I'm that person who hates throwing out food, so will eat stuff I don't even like to avoid it lol) so I used that with some salmon tonight, still have 160 calories so I think I'll have a shake...feeling so crappy going over my calories by 40 isn't going to make much of a difference.

So I tried Bolognese for dinner :9529: oh God it was awful. Again I had to leave half of it, and had half a bar instead though. Hopefully that won't have had a terrible impact on the scales. Looking forward to another good day tomorrow :)

So I tried Bolognese for dinner :9529: oh God it was awful. Again I had to leave half of it, and had half a bar instead though. Hopefully that won't have had a terrible impact on the scales. Looking forward to another good day tomorrow :)

I just don't want to try the meals, no one ever really says they dislike the shakes, but hardly anyone likes the meals lol

I'm glad I tried the meals, so I know I'm not missing out!
Not having a great day today. Feel really dehydrated because I didn't drink enough water yesterday, but I just had 0.5L the. My shake and I feel so so sick :(

That's the main problem with this diet...I feel like i'm drowning, but if I don't get the water in I feel dreadful. My kidneys definately hate me right now lol

I agree, the amount of water that's needed is too much for me too :( trying to find the balance at the moment.

Day 10

Didn't feel too great this morning, but I think the water I drank might have helped. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast and an orange bar for lunch. My challenge today was watching my friend eat chips and gravy in a big white bread roll for lunch. I wasn't a terribly unhealthy eater at meal times before (just a mega cake and chocaholic!) so probably wouldn't have chosen something like that for lunch anyway, but for some reason it was really tempting today. Probably because I can't have it. Oh well!! Weighed this morning, I've gone up a little bit, about 0.25 or 0.5 lb, but I'm not disheartened, it's just my punishment for weighing daily ;)

I have startec to have a bottle of Dr Pepper Zero or Coke Zero in the day to try and break it up a bit, I'm also peeing like a racehorse, which I can't really do in my job as I have to sit with people for prolonged periods of time, I can't really nip off to the toilet... so it's a bit of a pain, but it'll be worth it in the end :)

Hey Lux hope you're having a lovely evening hun. I tried to scale hop this morning and I was a pound heavier but my clothes feel looser so I'm going to pay more attention to the measuring tape and how my clothes feel rather than the scales.

Sorry I forgot to reply to your question about the ketostix yesterday...I bought them from the pharmacy in sainsburys for £5.45 xx

Aisha

Hi girls. I've had a ridiculous evening last night and terrible evening today. I had my 3 meal packs yesterday. However I drank 2 glasses of wine last night. Which lead me to eat a packet of slim fast pretzels. Alcohol was a stupid idea because I woke up this morning with a terrible headache and flu like symptoms. Don't know if it was my body trying to cope with dealing with the wine or maybe I've caught a virus but I feel dreadful. Couldn't eat my first pack until 1pm, so today I've had a choc orange bar, a choc orange skinny latte from Costa , a few bites of grilled chicken and a strawberry shake. I'd gone into town with a friend and thought a coffee would perk me up. I regret having a milky sugary one though. So now I'm not sure whether to have another meal pack in order to get the full vitamin and mineral quota for the day or to skip it so I stay under the 800 kcals. The carbs limit has probably been exceeded ten-fold by the latte. Oh dear. I just don't know what to do, feel so ill :( don't want to give up but maybe I should to get better again.

If I were you Hun I would just draw a line under it today, I wouldn't bother with the shake unless you really feel like you need it, skipping the shake for the vitamins as a one off isn't going to hurt you.

hope you feel better in the morning :) x

Back