Lux's Diary

Hey lux yeah it could be the bars I say stop the extra bar and buy some fluffy socks and gloves or a onesie lol I have one looks ridiculous but so warm ;)

I have set a christmas goal for myself... to loose 10lbs from last weigh in to the last weigh in before christmas.

Rather than having a AAM week, I'm going to have 1 night and 2 days off (while still being sensible - choosing low carb foods etc) - Evening work do at all you can eat restaurant (I'm dreading this!), Christmas day and Boxing day.

So, including this thursdays weigh in (I'm hoping for 4lbs, we'll see) - I will fight off 10lbs before christmas... i hope!!

Go for it hun, good luck for 4lb tomorrow :) 10lb by Christmas is certainly achieveable. When's the eat all you can work do?

Day 22

Well, week 3 is over and I've lost another 3lbs... even though I was hoping for a 4lb loss I can't complain because i know 3lbs is still a really good loss.

That's 12lbs in 3 weeks! woo! If I don't loose 4lbs this week now for my christmas goal, it's still ok because hopefully I'll loose at least 2lbs to get 1 stone in a month! It's all going to plan :superwoman:

Yay well done another 3lbs gone for good :). Works do won't be too much bother it's just one day in the big scheme just don't go mad! Getting back in K seems to get harder after but you can do it, we'll be here to get you through. XxX

Day 23

I'm not gonna lie, it feels like I've been doing this for 3 years, not three weeks. I can't even remember what conventional food tastes like... which I guess is a good thing as now I dont miss it too much.

What I am enjoying though is getting new work trousers a size smaller :) chuffed!

There are down sides though... right now I'm sat in my classroom with a bar and a coffee while the entire rest of the staff are enjoying a christmas lunch in the catering block. I would kill for turkey, roasties and gravy! Gutted.

Chin up Lux, food will still be there when you get to goal. And in the meantime its not long to go until your work meal in week 5 and Christmas days off in week 6. I know what you mean though, stinks of lovely grub in our office and I'm finding it ever harder to stay strong!

Well, I've completed day 25.
Some days are easier than others. The weekends seem to be be easiest. My partner is uber supportive so its always easier to be at home than at work.
I'm still panicing about Christmas and putting on weight, going back on exante afterwards etc. Does anyone else fret about this stuff?

Well done for staying strong. As you know I succumbed to bacon & eggs this morning but determined to get back on track. I do worry that breaking over Xmas will mean it will be really hard to get back into the zone in the new year but lots of people want to make good changes at new year and motivation will hopefully start again on a high x

It's time to be honest with myself. I have not been 100% this week. I have had at least 3 cups of tea each day - each with milk and sugar. I feel guilty.
I just can't give up the hot drinks! Ive tried doing the shake with coffee, but it was gross. I've even tried them with sweetener and very little milk and it's still not good enough.
I seem to try and justify it to myself, thinking as I'm going without food I can allow myself some treats like tea and coffee. But it is having an effect on my weight loss - I've only lost 1lb since thursday.
I might try to limit myslef to just 1 cup a day, surely that won't have such a negative effect.
I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself at the moment!

It's time to be honest with myself. I have not been 100% this week. I have had at least 3 cups of tea each day - each with milk and sugar. I feel guilty.
I just can't give up the hot drinks! Ive tried doing the shake with coffee, but it was gross. I've even tried them with sweetener and very little milk and it's still not good enough.
I seem to try and justify it to myself, thinking as I'm going without food I can allow myself some treats like tea and coffee. But it is having an effect on my weight loss - I've only lost 1lb since thursday.
I might try to limit myslef to just 1 cup a day, surely that won't have such a negative effect.
I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself at the moment!

I can totally relate to what your saying. I've really missed milk in my coffee so today I've had 4 cups with 2 teaspoons of cream in each :p I too convinced myself that if I'm not eating food I should be allowed a little treat :p Only this has lead to me thinking I've cheated and this evening I've had the 'what the hell I've blown it' nibbles (some cheese, 4 celebration chocs, a chicken nugget and 2 big spoonfuls of apple crumble :eek:) This diet is definitely not for the feint hearted and I think as long as we're honest with ourselves and just keep going we'll get there eventually. It's a steep learning curve for sure. Sending some positive vibes your way :vibes: be proud of what you've achieved so far :)
Hazel
x

Sending you hugs Lux and Hazel. Be proud that we are even following the plan at all this close to Christmas. We can all shift another couple of pounds by the 25th if we keep each other motivated. I'm back 100% today and am taking it one day at a time up to the Xmas break x

Had a long chat with my partner and my best mate. So lucky they are both so supportive. I am coming to the end of my 4th week, last day tomorrow, weigh in on Thursday.

I am worried as I'm allowing my 6th form class to have a Chinese take away in class tomorrow as a Xmas treat, and on Thursday I'm having a mini Xmas party with another class. Loads of food around. I am already having a planned feast on Friday night with work, so I was worried I will give in to the Chinese tomorrow and party food on Thursday as well, and then feel terrible about eating all the food.

So my loved ones have just convinced me to stay strong for the next two days as I will feel so proud and enjoy Friday night so much more and not feel guilty about eating then. I think they're right. So I have two major challenges to overcome in the next two days, but it will pay off on Friday when I have a guilt free meal!! Fibers crossed this willpower holds out til Friday night :)

Just popping in to say hi Lux - sounds like you're doing brilliantly so far :)

I'm also really worrying about introducing real food - I sooo don't want to blow it, but I think I deserve a break after 15 weeks on Exante....Hmmnnn it's a tough one! I never thought I'd say this but I think I'm actually scared of food! :eek:

Sending you lots of willpower and positive vibes for the next couple of days. It'll be tough to resist, but I know from experience that once the moment has passed and the food has been cleared away, you'll be glad you didn't indulge!
x

Thanks Alex, I agree - I have started to become foodaphobic! I think I'm more scared of having a binge and then feeling crappy afterwards than actually eating... Having such a restrictive diet means there no room for over indulgence so it feels safe... Real food is not safe at the moment!!

Back