Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Thanks Katie.

Ended up on 1181 calories yesterday and 1lb this morning. If I hadn't had 3 glasses of wine last night it would probably have been more than 1lb. Planning to have 2 exante meals for breakfast and lunch and salmon, tagliatelle and philadelphia garlic and herb sauce for tea. Also need to get as much walking as possible in today - didn't do well yesterday.

65 day countdown to 26th August (28lb loss)

Day 1/ 65 Sunday 22nd June: Weight 13st 8lb (190lb) - Loss 0lb - Total loss 0lb - Target loss 28lb - Still to lose 28lb - today's steps 5727
Day 2/65 Monday 23rd June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 7962
Day 3/65 Tuesday 24th June: Weight 13st 6lb - STS - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 10521
Day 4/65 Wednesday 25th June: Weight 13st 4lb - Loss 2lb - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb - today's steps 4951
Day 5/65 Thursday 26th June: Weight 13st 4lb - STS - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb - today's steps 6864
Day 6/65 Friday 27th June: Weight 13st 4lb - STS - Total loss 4lb - Still to loss 24lb - today's steps 6725
Day 7 / 65 Saturday 28th June: Weight 13st 7lb - Gain 3lb - Total loss 1lb - Still to lose 27lb - today's steps 105
Day 8 /65 Sunday 29th June: Weight 13st 6lb - Loss 1lb - Total loss 2lb - Still to lose 26lb - today's steps 14088
Day 9/65 Monday 30th June: Weight 13st 3lb - Loss 3lb - Total loss 5lb - Still to lose 23lb - today's steps
Day 13/ 65 Friday 4th July: Weight 13st 2lb - Loss 1lb - Total loss 6lb - Still to lose 22lb
Day 15/65 Sunday 6th July: Weight 13st 4lb - 2lb gain - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb
Day 21/65 Saturday 12th July: Weight 13st 6lb - 2lb gain - Total 2lb - Still to lose 26lb
Day 22/65 Sunday 13th July: Weight 13st 3lb (185lb) - 3lb loss - Total loss 5lb - Still to lose 23lb
Day 23/65 Monday 14th July: weight 13st 3lb (185lb) - STS - Total loss 5lb - Still to lose 23lb
Day 24/65 Tuesday 15th July:
weight 13st 3lb (185lb) - STS - Total loss 5lb - Still to lose 23lb
Day 28/65 Saturday 19th July: weight 13st 5lb (187lb) - Gain 2lb - Total loss 3lb - Still to lose 25lb
Day 29/65 Sunday 20th July: weight 13st 4lb (186lb) - Loss 1lb - Total loss 4lb - Still to lose 24lb

Thanks BZ. I really need to get below 12 stone for when I go to Turkey on 26th August. I f I don't none of my holiday clothes will fit!

Come on Lynne you can do this, maybe try to avoid the wine between now and yr hols?
Where are you off to? We go on 24 aug, well we travel to airport and fly on 25th x

My weaknesses at the moment are wine and chocolate! I wish I could get back on TS but just can't bring myself to do it. I know that if I did I would lose all the weight I've put on quickly. We're flying to Turkey on 26th August and I can't wait but I know I'll be miserable if I don't lose weight before I go!

I know I'll be miserable if I don't lose weight before I go!
Lynne, don't let weight issues spoil looking forward to your holiday. Between now and ten use all your willpower and stick to your plan and the weight will come off. Don't think about being miserable if you don't succeed with your plan, think about how good you will feel with a few pounds off and a great holiday to look forward to. I only speak from experience…"when I lose weight then I will be happier"… etc etc. Let's be happy now, whatever the weight - as long as we have a conviction and manageable plan to deal with the weight too. Otherwise we all get caught up in a negative cycle. Good luck today and stay strong.

My weaknesses at the moment are wine and chocolate! I wish I could get back on TS but just can't bring myself to do it. I know that if I did I would lose all the weight I've put on quickly. We're flying to Turkey on 26th August and I can't wait but I know I'll be miserable if I don't lose weight before I go!

Hi Lynne,
Thanks for your lovely comments in my diary. TS is really tough; it's requires so much mental power, so I know what you mean about not being able to bring yourself to do it. I had to be in the right place to do it. Have you thought about doing Working Solution or using the packs, in conjunction with low carb eating? It may help to have some food and you should still maintain great losses. Sending you positive thoughts.

Thanks SC. I'm going to do a mix of packs and meals this week and count calories with a view to working my way back to TS. This time last year I was in the high 11s. I don't know why I can't sort myself out properly but I won't give up! I'll get there eventually. I'm sure we all will. I think the main thing is to not give up completely and disappear off here!

Hope it works for you Lynne. You know you can do it, you just need to give yourself a chance of getting a good run of it then it will get easier. Take the bull by the horns cos you still have enough time to get down to the holiday weight you are aiming for. Just keep thinking how good you will feel when climbing up those stairs to the plane x

I know I'll be miserable if I don't lose weight before I go!
Lynne, don't let weight issues spoil looking forward to your holiday. Between now and ten use all your willpower and stick to your plan and the weight will come off. Don't think about being miserable if you don't succeed with your plan, think about how good you will feel with a few pounds off and a great holiday to look forward to. I only speak from experience…"when I lose weight then I will be happier"… etc etc. Let's be happy now, whatever the weight - as long as we have a conviction and manageable plan to deal with the weight too. Otherwise we all get caught up in a negative cycle. Good luck today and stay strong.

Thanks for those words Taupe. I just don't want to feel uncomfortable in my clothes when on holiday! I don't need to lose too much to be comfortable. I'm sure I'll do it!

Hope it works for you Lynne. You know you can do it, you just need to give yourself a chance of getting a good run of it then it will get easier. Take the bull by the horns cos you still have enough time to get down to the holiday weight you are aiming for. Just keep thinking how good you will feel when climbing up those stairs to the plane x

Hi Susie. I can't see me losing 24lb now because I've only got 5 weeks and 2 days left but I reckon I can lose a good proportion of that if I apply myself. Going to walk Billy now and then it will be back for my first pack of the day. 2ltr bottle of water busy chilling in the fridge!

I don't think you should set yourself any particular goal just aim for a steady loss that will get you comfortable in your clothes. That is what I am doing over the next 20 days. I go to Borneo on the 9th August so I now have to hit the gym big time if I am going to be fit enough for the 6 hour slog that is Mount Kinabalu. I have been looking at pictures of the route we will take and it is all steep steps! Thousands of them!!!

Hi Susie. I can't see me losing 24lb now because I've only got 5 weeks and 2 days left but I reckon I can lose a good proportion of that if I apply myself. Going to walk Billy now and then it will be back for my first pack of the day. 2ltr bottle of water busy chilling in the fridge!

No that's a bit of an ask but you could still get nearer to it. As Mere says give yourself a chance & aim for as much as you can x

Thanks Mere and Susie. You're right, I'm just going to do the best I can. Haven't had exante today, I had a change of plan. No breakfast as I was trying to delay my first pack! Anyway, for lunch I had 1 Aldi breaded camambert with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, red pepper and balsamic dressing. It was absolutely delicious and came to 338 calories and 13 carbs. Not bad at all!

Oh, also wore my ankle weights when I walked the dog to use more calories up too!

Great thinking, keep that up and you will be skipping up those plane steps!

Doesn't count as extra steps on the fit bit though! About to take him out again soon. Just had 100g sainsburys egg pasta tagliatelli with salmon and philadelphia garlic and herb sauce. Came to 490 calories and 32 carbs which makes today's total so far 828 calories and 45 calories. Not too bad!

Your doing great Lynne and yr food choices sound yummy.
Is right what taupe said though, you do need to be happy with yourself whatever you weigh. Am speaking from past experience. Is funny as my goal is 11.10 and my reason for this is when I was this weight previously I was happy and comfortable in my own skin. However I am only 2lbs off that now and even though I've lost a fair bit in still feel pretty frumpy so will prob move my goal post although not sure what to??

Try and take the pressure off of yourself by not having a goal for holiday and just think anything less is a bonus. Once more relaxed it should naturally come off (as long as you stay away from the vino) lol x

Back