Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Not long now

Hi Shrimp and Bee. Got a bit more washing to do tonight, a few last minute bits of work and all my packing(!). Have just done an internet food order for the boys and tomorrow morning I'm having my hair and nails done. Then it will be a case of catching a train to Manchester where I'm staying overnight in what looks like a nice hotel before flying at 11am on Thursday. I can't believe it's actually happening now!

Lynne just wanted to say that I hope you have a brilliant time - I'm very envious! Don't worry about being too good whilst you're away, you can easily whip it off after ready for your next hol, lucky thing you! X

Hi all. Just thought I'd share something that amused me. As you probably know my mum is 86 and not the easiest person to get along with. It used to be quite upsetting for my sister and I but I have to admit she can be pretty funny as she's getting older! For as long as I can remember my mum has gone on about how fat I am - even when I was thin! When I stayed with her for a few days recently I wondered how she would react to my weight loss and as expected she said I was too thin, looked ill and gaunt etc even though I pointed out I was still obese. (At the same time I still got the lectures on what was fattening!) Anyway, I was chatting to my sister on the phone last night and asked her if mum had said anything to her about my weight - and apparently mother has suggested my sister try to fatten me up when I stay with her because I'm too thin! I can't win!!!!! :)

Ah bless! My sister and mum have both followed me doing this diet, so it's quite nice being able to spur each other on x

It must be nice to have that support.

My mother was my biggest critic when she was alive too Lynne !
Its funny, as a I read recently, something alone the lines of, however you are spoken to as a child, is the way you speak to your self as an adult. Sometimes I think that's why some of us can be so hard on ourselves sometimes !!

Enjoy your time with your sister. I think you will have a fab time, regardless of any fattening up or thinning down agenda's ;):D

Thanks Marge,

Oh Lynne! Mum's are so funny. Mine lives the whole of her life wearing a pair of rosé tinted glasses. She sees the best in everything and everyone. But she can't understand why I have been trying to lose weight....as at a bordering on size 16, she thought I had 'a lovely little figure'. Which is nice coming from your Mum but not helpful or supportive.
pnow listen, have a great time and really enjoy yourself in what ever way you fancy. But we need to hear all about it when you get back.

we will all miss you !

Had a pleasant surprise this morning. Down to 11st 12lb. Didn't expect to have lost another lb at all!

Tuesday 2nd July - 12st 5lb - 100% TS

Wednesday 3rd July - 12st 4lb - 1lb loss - shake + 2 chicken thighs and 2 drumsticks + chocolate orange bar
Thursday 4th July - 12st 4lb - STS - 100%TS
Friday 5th July - 12st 4lb - STS - 2 shakes, a chocolate orange bar and 4 piri piri roast chicken thighs
Saturday 6th July - 12st 4lb - STS - 2 shakes, 2 bars, a handful of crisps and 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter
Sunday 7th July - 12st 3lb - 1lb loss - 1 shake, 1 bar, 3 chocolate brioches and a large iced latte
Monday 8th July - 12st 2lb -1lb loss - 100%TS
Tuesday 9th July - 12st 1lb - 1lb loss - 100% TS
Wednesday 10th July - 12st 2lb - 1lb gain - 100% TS
Thursday 11th July - 12st 1lb - 1lb loss - 2 shakes, a bar, 5 chicken drumsticks and a large starbucks iced latte
Friday 12th July - 12 st - 1lb loss - 100% TS
Saturday 13th July - 11st 13lb - 1lb loss - 2 shakes and 2 bars
Sunday 14th July - 11st 13lb - STS - 2 shakes and 2 bars
Monday 15th July - 11st 13lb - STS 2 shakes, a bar, 2 chicken thighs and 3 chicken drumsticks
Tuesday 16th July - 11st 13lb - STS 2 shakes. a bar and 2 chicken legs
Wednesday 17th July - 11st 12lb - 1lb loss

Whoop whoop!

Fab :D

Brillian Lynne, hope you packed all the clothes you never thought you would get into!! My mother is like yours, I was never been thin enough for my mother..even on my wedding day I heard her say to a wedding guest "oh yes, she is beautiful but if she'd only lost that last half stone she would have fitted the dress better"...I was a size 10 on my wedding day!!!!!!

Ha mothers huh lynne?
Thats fab the scales dropped another pound for u as it all helps.
You go enjoy that holiday and I look forward to hearing all about it on yr return xxx

Hi All. Just a quick update from America. I figure if I keep my diary going I might not be so tempted to overindulge. Not following the diet while away although because we aren't going out today - my sister is doing some work from home - I had a bar for breakfast and a shake for lunch. Will have whatever everyone else is having for an evening meal. We're 5 hours behind here so it's only 2.15 at the moment. Enjoyed the hotel and the flight out and now I'm at my sisters. She has a large house in an acre of land and I have my own bedroom with ensuite bathroom! Its quite hot and humid but I enjoy the heat - its Winter I struggle with. Yesterday I ate the lunch and sandwich provided on the plane and had a glass of wine with the lunch - also had a glass of wine the previous night at the hotel! For our evening meal I had guacemole and dip followed by salad and salmon which is good although the accompanying equivalent of a bottle of wine and a third of a bottle of champagne wasn't so good! Had a bit of a hangover this morning as until now I've been virtually ttotal since the end of April. I'm just not going to worry about any weight gain and won't get weighed until I get back - then it will be 4 weeks of 100% TS until my next holiday!

Well done lynne yr doing great just make sure u enjoy yrself whilst away ok? Now go have some fun xx

Sounds like a good start to your holiday. I like your idea of keeping your diary going...that might help. Think I am do something similar when I am on holiday.

Worry about it all when you come back Lynne:)
Enjoy your time there :)

Back