Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Thanks for asking Harry. I've had quite a relaxing day. Walked the dog twice, sat in the garden and read for a while and ordered a new suitcase for my holiday. How was your day?

Thats great,sometime we need that relaxing days.
My side its nothing special.just normal shopping trip with kids and walk my dogs. Dying with this nasty flu.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Lynne sounds lie a great day...Harry it must start to o soon. It seems to be fighting against you

Two 100% TS days in a row!

You are dong so well

Thanks Shrimp. I'm finding it a lot more difficult second time round. Should be easier after tomorrow. I'm going to stick with it tomorrow even though I'm going out for lunch with 2 friends tomorrow. Have had a look at Graeme Hilditch's books and will order the 5k and 10k one.

They are good! And enjoy your lunch with friends

That's really good lynn.
Enjoy your lunch with friends.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Thanks Harry. I'll enjoy seeing my friends but will only be having sparkling water as I want to get these 3 day TS over and done with. The 5k and 10k book by Graeme Hilditch looks good. I've ordered a copy. Another good book is called Running made easy which is specifically for women and is available on Amazon.

I will have a look at the one you mention for women

It is very good. Have you had a good day?

Well, I've done it. I'm actually in the 12s now. Weigh in this morning and I lost 2lb despite massive over indulgence in London and eating out yesterday. Don't know if I'm going to manage a further 22lb before I go to Philadelphia on 18th July but I'm going to have a good try. Definitely going to try out those new running shoes today!

Well done you. enjoy your new running shoes :) I am sure you will shed that weight in NO time.

Thanks Harry. :thankyouthankyou:We'll both shed our weight in no time. Seems to me it's about doing your best to stick to the diet but acknowledging that there are occasional blips and just putting them behind us when they happen.

Last edited:
Well, tried my new running shoes today. Did nearly 2 miles walk / slow jog in 35 minutes. Not a very good time (although it was for me!) but it gives me a good chance of beating it tomorrow!

Yaay well done lynn. I am very slow. I do one mile in 19 mins.... but I will keep pushing myself. Lets do it lady.

We will. I'm going to try to run every day next week because it will be difficult to fit it in when I'm back at work from 10th June.

Whoop whoop! For your 2lb loss and your run in the new shoes.

they are both brilliant...keep us posted on how your running goes but do give yourself at least a day or two off!

Thanks Shrimp. I'm not really pushing myself with the running so am unlikely to overdo it! I'm just going to take it nice and easy. Wouldl be a miracle if I managed to do it every day but I do want to take advantaqge of being off work for another week.

It's 11.30 and I haven't done anything yet apart from read emails, post on facebook and this forum and have a coffee / vanilla shake. Oh, and my new suitcase for my trip to America came. I already have a perfectly fine suitcase but couldn't resist getting a new super duper lightweight one with 4 wheels! Also, my sister sent me a link to the site for where we will be staying at Cape May (Jersey Beach). Not sure if I'm allowed to put the link on or not but assume it will be removed if I'm not so here it is: http://www.petershieldsinn.com/ It looks like sheer luxuory ! If that's not incentive to lose weight, what is!

Well, today I am going to do my run, cut the lawns, walk the dog and chill in the garden if the sun continues to shine! I'll start with a large mug of coffee and a glass of water in the garden, then it will be off for the run - or walk / slow jog in my case!
960006_447329428696823_1632639330_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back