Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Oh woohoo that s a beautiful place...I am very jealous! As you say I could see a slinky you stood on that staircase!

the photo and text n Marilyn is so true...I am sure that I had read she was a very curvy size 14. So there is hope for us all

It will take a lot of weight loss for me to be described as slinky! I'm really looking forward to going. I'm looking forward to all of it: seeing my sister and her family, the hot weather, New York, Philadelphia, Cape May, all of it. I'm hoping to get down to about 11st 7lb by the time I go. Did a 2 mile jog / walk today in 33.5 minutes which was an improvement on yesterday. Will probably do the 7 mile walk tomorrow instead of the run.

Lynne that is fantastic....I don't know about you but I am loving the exercise?

lets see how much we can both get off by the time your holiday comes around. I am on my holiday on 13th August so a little later.

we had a family photo taken in the sea last year in Florida and Ste and I where really chubby. We want a similar photo taken this year to compare. He has lost a stone so far just cutting down

I enjoy the 7 mile walk we've been doing but can't see me enjoying running until I can do it a bit more easily! I'm also a bit self concious when I go out running. However, I have to say I find it much easier now that I'm 17lb lighter and I'm sure I'll improve with further loss of weight as well as practice! Yes, let's see how much we can lose before 18th July - it wouldn't surprise me if you get to goal! I'm going on a second holiday to Turkey at the end of August so I'll have to try not to put too much weight back on when I go to Philadelphia!

Another 100% day today - at least so far and I haven't had my 3rd meal yet - plus a 7 mile walk. Well done me! My hands are freezing - I hope it means I'm going into ketosis. Checked about 3pm and I wasn't.

Checked last night and I'm definitely back in ketosis - at last!!! Hopefully the weight will start to drop off. Will keep to 100% TS today and do my 2 mile run. It is my son's birthday and we are getting a domino's tonight but I'll leave that to him and his brother to eat.

Oh dear, just had 2 pieces of stuffed crust Dominos pizza! Thats about 520 calories and 50g of carbohydrate. Couldn't resist and it is Tom's birthday! Haven't been running yet - will defininitely have to go now! Will no doubt have knocked myself out of ketosis again. Back to square 1 again tomorrow! But I did enjoy it!

Just been reading your updates...brilliant amount of exercise!

i would not worry about the pizza...your sons birthday is only once a year and you can get back on track tomorrow

I still haven't been for my run tonight yet. I'm going to take the dog so don't know what my time will be like!

Oh do enjoy it...he will!

Didn't run. Just took Billy for a walk. I'll have to do the run tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. I'm then going to do the 7 mile walk so I'll be well and truly knackered tomorrow night!

You should have a good nights sleep tomorrow.
i have not gone for a run tonight. With being out last night I thought the family might not be happy!

so the plan is a run tomorrow night on my own and then another run Friday with a friend.

Just done my 2 mile run. Had tmake myself go but I'm really pleased I did it! I hope all this exertion makes a difference - I'm still waiting to be able to say afterwards that I enjoyed my run! I really hope I can keep it up when I'm back at work.

I started with a friend about 3 years ago. She now runs marathons! I keep telling her I'm too old to take up running seriously but she always counters with people she has met who are older than me and run marathons or people who didn't start running until they were older!

Ha ha! Well done on the run

Thanks Shrimp. I'm getting there!

Think I am about to go for my un. I have even convinced Liv to come with me. Not sure if its a good thing or bad. I will let you know in about an hour

I'd probably be better with someone to run with. My friend's husband offered but he's a much better runner than me and I wouldn't be able to keep up!

Back