Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

My day was bloody awful! I caught the 7.05 bus from Dronfield to Sheffield only to find that the train to Huddersfield had been cancelled and I had to get a bus to Meadow Hall because a train had broken down on the track. (This happened last night but of course there was nothing on the web site about that.) I eventually got to work after catching 2 trains from Meadow Hall. Coming home I caught the 5.35 from Huddersfield to Wakefield Kirkgate which is a horrible run down scary station where a woman was raped in the underpass. The train gets there at 6.09 and my connection was supposed to get there at 6.24 but it didn't because it was cancelled. Of course none of us stood there were aware of this because there were no announcements over the tannoy and the signs don't work. A train eventually came at 7.10. It was one of the nasty old ones that are like an old fashioned bu and was packed so I had to stand all the way. When we eventually got to Sheffield it was about 7.50 and when I went for the bus it didn't arrive until 8.30. I was freezing cold and was dying for a pee from when I first arrived at Wakefield Kirkgate so decided that when I got back to Dronfield I would het a taxi from the train station. (It's about 2 miles up steep hills). As I only had a £20 note and needed £3.80 for the taxi I bought a bar of chocolate at Sheffield train station to give to my sons. All I'd had all day was a chocolate orange bar and a shepherd's pie but when I found I had to wait for the bus I decided that I had had enough and at the chocolate. I then had a peanut butter sandwich when I got home.
So..... I blew it again. New start, yet again, tomorrow. I'm really tire so am going to bed now. Will try to catch up with everyone's diaries tomorrow night.

What an awful evening!! I'm not surprised you had a weakness, going to Wakefield kirkgate is enough to make anyone eat :-( not a nice place to be. Glad you're home now, maybe the stress has kept the calories off

You're really struggling with the travelling at the moment :( It's awful that there aren't any announcements!

New day tomorrow Lynne and I hope it's a better one for you xx

That sounds awful Lynne. Cant you work from home till they sort out the transport x

Sorry you have had such an awful day - you must have been so fed up by the time you got back after that long day - I really hope tomorrow is better for you X

No, because I'm the manager and need to be there. I got rid of my car a couple of years ago because I had paid out a fortune in repairs and decided I didn't need one. I have now reconsidered this and think I am going to have to get another one. The trouble is, is that the journey to work is about 42 miles and I previously found it far less stressful travelling on the train than driving up and down the M1 in the rush hour! I spent about 12 years doing the journey every day - no wonder there was a lot of wear and tear on my car!

think I'd prefer to drive Lynne rather than all that mucking about x

think I'd prefer to drive Lynne rather than all that mucking about x

I've been meaning to get another car for ages. Trains are fine when they are running OK. I suppose nothing can be done about a lans slide!

I think you will have to sort out a car Lynne otherwise the stress of that travelling is going to drive you mad. You could also check in the meantime if Premier Inn or the like are doing the £19 rooms, at least that would make one night/morning easier xx

Aw Lynne, sorry you had such a horrid day yesterday, I don't blame you for eating, tbh, I think I would have gone to town completely. A fresh start today will mean that you won't see any damage from yesterday, I'm sure of it.
I know what you mean with the car vs. train thing, I used to commute into Hamburg every day, it was about 30 odd miles which, on free roads just before the rush hour, would take me about 45 minutes. So I would love that, being in my own car, with the music on etc. But then, if you ended up in traffic, it could be anything up to 3 hours.
And the trains, when they were running smoothly, would be so convenient, ten minute walk to the station etc. But oh my word, did I hate it when something happened and they ferried you around in the buses, esp in the evenings and you would be so painfully aware of how dodgy some areas were. I really feel for you, I hope today is better for you.

Sorry to hear about your rubbish day yesterday. I hope today is much better for you Lynne. Keep your chin up and keep strong xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hope today has been much better for you Lynne xx

Hi Lynne. hope today has been easier for you x

Have a good day Lynne. It is, after all, FRIDAY!!!! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Hope it went better yesterday and today and at Keats the weekend is approaching which means a good two days, diet and relaxing wise xxx

Hi Lynne, how are things going x

Back