Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Just made a hot vanilla shake with vanilla flavour coffee added. This is the first time I've made a hot shake. It's delicious!!!!!!

Just made a hot vanilla shake with vanilla flavour coffee added. This is the first time I've made a hot shake. It's delicious!!!!!!

Sounds really nice, I'll try it too tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Lynne. I love them I drink the vanilla shakes hot all the time now the weather is cooler they also taste fab with just plain coffee. Hope you are keeping comfortable and hat the doctors goes well tomorrow

Thanks Fiona. I hope there is some progress with the GP tomorrow too. I want to start using my new bike. going to the gym and try running again but can hardly even walk at the moment!

Hi Lynne. I love them I drink the vanilla shakes hot all the time now the weather is cooler they also taste fab with just plain coffee. Hope you are keeping comfortable and hat the doctors goes well tomorrow

Also, can you make the shakes up with water just by stirring them or do they have to be blended?

Welcome back Lynne. Sorry to hear about your leg. Hope it's better soon.

Hi Lynne what I do is have a large latte type mug and dissolve the coffee powder in a little boiling water. The shake I still blend but in 150mls of water as I can't cope with lumps :( mix together in the mug and top up with boiling water. If. TS not hot enough bung in the microwave for a few seconds. That works for me.

​Thanks Fiona,

Hey Lynne, welcome back!!! So sorry to hear about your health problems, that can put such a damper on things, especially if it renders you immobile. I'm no expert of course but it might be worth asking the doctor for an MRI of your lower back and see if there are any trapped nerves going into your legs. Leg pain is such a broad thing, it could be a number of things but if it wasn't due to a trauma but built up gradually, I reckon it might be nerve related somehow, maybe an inflamed nerve.
I'm glad you weren't prescribed Tramadol, it's actually been taken off the market because of severe side effects in long term use, I know this might not apply to you as you wouldn't use it for very long probably. But it shouldn't really be prescribed anymore. If push comes to shove, you can always combine cocodamol with ibuprofen which, occasionally, is a life saver for me.
Anyways, enough meds talk :)
I know how stress and poor health can throw you off balance so much dietwise so a big well done for re-starting despite being stuck at home. I hope the doctors can shed some light on the cause of your leg problems, it's so frustrating when something cannot be named and therefore treated properly.
I went off the rails Saturday to Monday and feel suitably guilty for it, I didn't even enjoy the food that much and it always impacts so much on my sleep so more fool me really. But I'm back today so I do hope we can motivate each other xxxx

Hi Bee. Just got back from the GP. Still not sure what it is. He's given me a prescription for co-codamol, naproxen and omeprazole. The last ones are to counter any gastro side effects from the naproxen. I've also got to stay off work for the rest of the week, have my leg xrayed and he's arranging physio. Hopefully all that will make a difference as I'm getting really fed up with being unable to do much. I want to try my new bike!!!!
Diet wise, I'm finding it difficult being housebound as I'm not tempted to go and buy things I shouldn't - like sweets or caramel macciatos (not sure how that's spelt) at the train station. This is day 3 and I've already gone down 3lb from the first 2 days! I suppose it's like being on an initial week 1 because I haven't been on exante properly for such a long time!
This is now it - for both of us! If we can get past the first week we'll be cruising. Also, I think you're right about Saturday - if you treat it as a WS day you'll eat sensibly rather than eat all the wrong things. For both of us - if we transgress we need to get straight back on track rather than take the rather be hung for a sheep than a lamb' attitude and go on to transgress big time! This is it - Lynne and Bee, big time losers for Christmas!

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED!
dont know if anyone can collect from scotland but here it is
52 Thorougbred horses need homes. Will go to slaughter this sat. Gentleman died & his son wants nothing to do with the horses. Most broodmares , broken in & some in foaling/we aning, 2-3 yrs old, most geldings- free- Contact Chett Wallace 07842 748538 . Please re-post if you know horsey peeps

Lynne, you're doing very well on your re-start! Yes, I think I'll find it very helpful knowing we're both in the same boat of struggling to re-start and focus, it's mainly the drive and enthusiasm that I had at first that I can't seem to muster up again.
And my main downfall is that when I slip up I end up taking a day or two off and eat for Britain so that's got to stop! Sometimes it's not possible to avoid all food and you might eat something you really shouldn't or even didn't want to. That's life. But there's no reason to then keep on and end up on a downward spiral again.
Slightly amusing anecdote from last week, I was full on TS 100% and this old lady I went to see kept offering me biscuits and would not take no for an answer. So I ended up taking two, she wanted me to take more than that, and when she looked out of the window as she was telling me a story, I just stuck them in my bra and threw them out of the car window later after I left! :D
Thank goodness they were not covered in chocolate :)
I just really did not want them and resented the idea of breaking my diet for something I didn't even fancy. Got to be inventive sometimes hehe

That is so funny! It really made me laugh. Your bra must have been full of crumbs afterwards!

Lol

Do you think the the t me of year has something to do with the difficulties we are all having. Now it's dark in the morning and damp I think we are all getting the urge to eat and are fed up with the diet. I know I am I have been exercising hard being good and have put on 3 lbs in a week and a half feel I'm getting nowhere at the moment. I'm sorry you are struggling Lynne and Bee but it's also good to know I'm not alone x

It may well have something to do with the changing seasons, I'm a lot more lethargic and it takes me a while to settle into the colder weather. That often goes along with food cravings...vicious circle.

Hey Lynne,
Really sorry to hear about your leg pain lass - I really hope they can figure it out soon. You prob already know but I just wanted to give you a heads up that naproxen on an empty stomach is really not a good idea. You would have to be really careful to time it with your packs and be careful if your are taking for any length of time whilst doing TS.

Cudos for going TS whilst in such pain!!

Good luck and hope u are feeling much better soon.
xxxxx

Hi Cookie Monster. Just been looking up my new drugs on the internet as I haven't collected them yet. There are a lot of potential side effects! The co-codamol are high dosage too (30mg / 500mg). I'm going to be like a zombie! The omeprazole capsules are to counter the gastro effects of the naproxen tabs so hopefully the side effects won't be too bad. I'm definitely going to take them with meals and might even have them with shakes with milk added instead of water if necessary. I'm not looking forward to taking them as I already feel rubbish with infected sinuses and a sore throat.

Oh poor you feeling so bad. I think your plan for the shakes with milk are a good idea to counteract the effects my OH takes co-codamol for back pain and he does feel a bit zomby ish sometimes just keep your water intake up and it does help.

Back