Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Hi Lynne, Hope your leg is better soon. Great news on the diabetes. My GP insisted I had a test about a year ago which came back negative.

Good news about the health bad news about the stew :-o
Hope your better today? X

Thanks both, My leg does feel a bit better this morning. The physio did some stretching exercises when I was there which must have helped because it was really painful before I went to bed with that stomach bug! Feeling a lot better this morning but can't wait until I'm totally fit again! At least I haven't got anything permanent.
Carrie, when I was told I was pre diabetic I panicked and read everything I could about diabetes type 2. I've got cookery books, medical books, self help books, the lot! I also used to read the forum on the Diabetes UK website. The other thing I did was to buy a blood glucose testing kit and used to measure my sugar levels 4 times a day - on waking and after each meal. Some advise to a low gl diet and I do know someone this worked for. The main advice is to lose weight (if you are overweight - for a lot of people this does cause diabetes 2 but not everyone who gets it is overweight), eat a low carb diet and exercise. I did this at first and lost a bit of weight but wasn't sufficiently focused on keeping to plan despite filling in all the charts on the diabetes UK website! A lot of people with diabetes 2 on the forum seemed to be being put on something called the Newcastle diet by their GPs. I looked it up and it is a vlcd diet with very low carbs but has to be prescribed. I knew I wouldn't be prescribed it as I was pre diabetic, not diabetic, and so looked up vlcd diets on the internet which was when I discovered exante. I think losing weight and eating a very low carb diet has probably lowered my sugar levels. Although I'm not pre diabetic any more, I'll still get tests at the GPs annually and will test my own blood sugar occasionally. When I was in Philadelphia I met a friend of my sister who is a doctor and is also pre diabetic and she said that she treats this as if she were diabetic in terms of diet and exercise which I think is probably the best advice. I didn't know much about diabetes 2 before being told I was pre daibetic but having researched it I've seen what an awful illness it is and I'm determined not to develop it so for me it will continue to be dieting until I'm a normal weight, low carbs and exercise (when my leg is better). I've never had any serious illnesses and am going to go allout to try to avoid getting anything. This leg problem has been enough of a shock to my system! Initially I was worried in case I had developed full blown diabetes and it was linked or that I had something permanent like arthritis. I have a friend with arthrititis and again it is something I dread ever having.

Weigh in day today. Not good. I had lost 3lb midweek to get down to 12st 1lb and was hoping to be in the 11s today but after eating a lot of the wrong things yesterday have found myself only 1lb down. My leg is getting better and I reckon I should be OK in a week's time and hopefully be back to normality and getting more exercise. I'm going to try to stick to exante + 2 boiled eggs for breakfast today and see how I go. I'm not too bothered about only losing 1lb, at least it is in the right direction!

Weigh in day today. Not good. I had lost 3lb midweek to get down to 12st 1lb and was hoping to be in the 11s today but after eating a lot of the wrong things yesterday have found myself only 1lb down. My leg is getting better and I reckon I should be OK in a week's time and hopefully be back to normality and getting more exercise. I'm going to try to stick to exante + 2 boiled eggs for breakfast today and see how I go. I'm not too bothered about only losing 1lb, at least it is in the right direction!

Good attitude 1lb is still 1lb and you know the rest of the loss is there its just hidden by water!
Theres nothing i enjoy more than boiled eggs with salt & pepper on! Enjoy! X

Glad your leg is feeling better Lynne. I'm a bit worried about weigh in tomorrow too as although I haven't had a blow out or anything I think I have had too many boiled eggs, bits of chicken etc. I say this because the scales only show me 4 oz down for the week! Am being perfect today and hoping for a miracle overnight ....

Hi Gemma. Good luck for tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be OK and as long as you've lost that is the main thing. I can't see chicken and eggs doing much damage. I've eaten food high in carbs which is why I've only lost 1lb. Been quite good today - 2 boiled eggs, porridge and strawberry shake so far. I''m going to have a tomato soup for tea and hopefully won't have anything else. I'll probably lost the 2lb I put on since midweek! This week is going to have to be a good one - I'm fed up with my weight going up and down the same couple of pounds all the time! Walked the dog earlier and my leg is still painful when I walk any distance so I doubt if I'll be back at work tomorrow.

Good day today: 2 eggs, porridge, strawberry shake and tomato and basil soup.

Brilliant day :)

1lb down overnight. Hopefully I can replicate that tomorrow. Off for anothe week with this leg. Going to try and get a bit more gentle walking in.

You are shrinking lady. Good going.

Good afternoon Lynne. Glad your leg's getting better and well done with the losing weight xx

Just staved off hunger pangs with a mug of boullion and it worked. First time I've had any in ages! Am I getting back in the zone? I hope so!

Not a bad day today:
2 boiled eggs
vanilla shake
strawberry shake
2 low calorie jellies
glass of pinot noir

Total calories 873, carbs 45g.

12 stone this morning. 2lb down overnight. Unlike last week I'm going to ensure I don't regain it!

1376543_603470893048488_1681719272_n.jpg

Hi peeps. Thought you'd like this.

Love it! Lol

2lbs down yaay well done you

So far so good today. 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and porridge for lunch. Going to have a small rump steak (they're on special in Sainsburys) for tea. Sounding good!

Back