Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Good to have you back! Well done on having a plan of action! X

Nice to see you back Lynne, you were greatly missed. Sorry you've had such a stressful time at work, don't be hard on yourself were only human. I've been on these boards since 2011 I think and this is the closest I've got to goal. I've always wanted it but just wasn't quite there. I hope my journey shows that. I'm not going anywhere as there is very few maintainers on the boards. I want to be held accountable for everything. If I go off track I wanna show that I do, life is full of ups and downs.. ( my weight mostly ) I really do hope this time is for keeps but the realist in me says I will always struggle. Unfortunately I'm not naturally slim, gosh I wish I was. But the work its taken to get me to here proves otherwise.
Thanks for all your kind words. Hopefully that leg of yours will ease up. Xxx

Thanks Carrie. You've still done remarkably well and I can understand why you want to keep on top of things and make sure you don't go off track. I have been struggling recently but I know I will lose more weight eventually. It has really helped reading your and others' diaries. My leg is certainly a lot better than it was. It's just a slow process getting back to normal.

I'm cancelling today's weigh in! I was 12st 5lb which is a 7lb gain in just one week! I'm still going to try 4:3 this week though and see how it goes.

Hi Lynne I haven't got the bottle to get on the scales since my holiday. Got back yesterday very early am. May get on scales tomorrow we can have a good week together. Hope your leg is on the mend and all well at work x

Hi Fiona. I bet you had a wonderful time and that's what matters! Work is just very hectic and we get more and more responsibility. Also, another manager and I are being switched. I enjoy working where I do and don't want to swap because I'm going to be inheriting all sorts of staffing issues. D day is 3rd January. I've got no choice so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. My leg is a lot better but still not totally fixed. The physio thinks I had nerve damage right down my leg and into my foot. I can't wait for it to be totally mended! I'm not doing 100% TS at the moment as I can't keep it up and keep veering off course. I'm doing 4:3 - four days at 1200 net calories and 3 days just 3 exante packs (Mon, Wed and Friday). Only started yesterday so will have to see if it works! Also started using my pedometer again yesterday. You might as well just bite the bullet and weigh yourself. I've done that, but haven't recorded my weight!

Glad your leg is on the mend. Goodluck with the 4:3. I am thinking of doing something similar during the festive season.

Thanks. I'll post how I get on.

Lynne...just caught up on your diary....it's great to hear the leg is getting better.

and that you have a plan. I do think if TS is not working don't do it...we need to set ourselves up to succeed not fail.

Yes had a great time only 35 degrees cooler here. Will be very interested to see how the 4:3 goes I find that if I'm running in 100% I don't loses any weight at all so I might give that a go. Are you recording calories on my fitness pal? Sorry to hear that work is a pain it's really annoying when you get your section right then inherit a load of problems from someone else. Good luck with it all but don't work yourself up about it especially as you have no control over it. Have a good week and I will brave the scales in the morning x

Hi Fiona. Oh, I could really do with some of that sunshine! Yes, I'm using My fitness pal and aiming for 1200 net calories on eating days and 600 on fasting days. I bet your weigh in isn't as bad as you expect!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1384710194.136614.jpg this is the best I can do with the sunshine. Hope it uploads ok. I'm going to be using my fitness pal to count the calories and try to balance them a bit better with the exercise. Going to brave the scales tomorrow morning and will just deal with it. We will both have good weeks!!

Beautiful, Fiona. I can just imagine the warmth of the sun. I think I'll do 4:3 for 2 weeks to give it a fair chance. You never know it might work well! I still can't run but I have a treadmill and am going to try to do plenty of walking on there - as well as walking the dog and to the train station etc.

View attachment 114166 this is the best I can do with the sunshine. Hope it uploads ok. I'm going to be using my fitness pal to count the calories and try to balance them a bit better with the exercise. Going to brave the scales tomorrow morning and will just deal with it. We will both have good weeks!!
What a beautiful beach Fiona x

Well done Lynne that 4:3 plan sounds great its so hard to stick to it 7 days a week - God knows I have failed on that one so many times. Glad our leg is on the mend best of luck with 4:3 keep us posted on how you are getting on as I might do that approach if WS isn't working for me x

Hi Tigs. Will do.

So far so good but it's only 7am! Had banana shake for breakfast. Now off for train.

Hey Lyne you're 4:3 plan sounds tempting to me. I think I might do that when I join the gym because I'll need to incorporate pre and post workout meals into my menu to help me train better. Hope you're having a fab day xx

Aisha

Back