Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

We could do with more joining the challenge. There were only GP, Susie and myself signed up. Susie and I have kept up daily and I'm sure GP will when she comes back.
Was up at 8.30 this morning so had another lie in! 12st 5lb again - fine by me, no complaints. Hopefully I can lose another couple of pounds before Wednesday's weigh in.
Going to try to keep to TS again today which will make it 3 days in a row since I had the chicken breast.
I hope everyone else does well today.

Lynne, forget the chicken breast my lovely, you've made it to day 10! Well done on what you've achieved. Be proud of yourself for getting where you are. Have a lovely day xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Twinkle and TH. I'm going to try and get more steps in today, starting with a session on the treadmill.

Could you try staying off the scales for a whole week lynne. I know some people really like to weigh daily but im sure it would be such a boost for you to see a big drop rather than daily fluctuations? X

Here's to another good day today Lynne - I know you can do it :D Keep up the water intake for a whoosh!

I also want to join the steps challenge, but when I was looking at gadgets I got very excited about the FitBit Force. I think it is due for uk release very soon :)

Good stuff! You got a number in mind that your aiming for today? Xxx

At least 10,000. Have done 30 minutes fast walking on the treadmill and my steps are up to 4177 so far. Will take the dog out for a walk soon.

Could you try staying off the scales for a whole week lynne. I know some people really like to weigh daily but im sure it would be such a boost for you to see a big drop rather than daily fluctuations? X

I know what you mean MM but I can't help myself! Because I've always done it I don't get upset with the fluctuations and I still have an official weekly weigh in day.

Here's to another good day today Lynne - I know you can do it :D Keep up the water intake for a whoosh!

I also want to join the steps challenge, but when I was looking at gadgets I got very excited about the FitBit Force. I think it is due for uk release very soon :)

Thanks SM. Just had my first 'meal' - a raspberry bar. I put some of them and the chocolate ones in the freezer the other day and I must say they are actually nice frozen. I didn't like them at room temperature at all!
What does the FitBit Force do and how much is it?

Thanks Darcy.

At least 10,000. Have done 30 minutes fast walking on the treadmill and my steps are up to 4177 so far. Will take the dog out for a walk soon.

You are way ahead of me again Lynne, need to give myself a kick up the you know where!
You will definitely get another couple of pounds of by weigh in so stay focused x

You are way ahead of me again Lynne, need to give myself a kick up the you know where!
You will definitely get another couple of pounds of by weigh in so stay focused x

Been shopping but not done the walk yet Susie. Still only done 7034 steps so far.

You are doing great Lynn xxx
hugs xxx

Lol I do hope you're prepared for the low number of steps that I'm going to be bringing to the challenge when my pedometer arrives - good job it's not a team event or I'd be kicked off the team :D

I'm with Miss Mac on the trying to stay off the scales for a week - I'm hoping that only seeing them then will keep me motivated, plus I won't think things midweek that I'm already so many pounds down so I can just have,,,,,,,

Glad to see you've tried the bars frozen and they're okay, I'll stick some in. Tried the double choc bar yesterday and wasn't overly keen (it had been in the fridge), just found it too sweet, am hoping I like the red berry one tonight.

Hmm I've been a bit apprehensive about trying the raspberry one. Have heard it's even sweeter than the chocolate!

FitBit does various gadgets, but the flex and force are little rubber wrist bands that track heart rate, energy burned, sleep quality, steps, etc. You can sync the app with myfitnesspal also I think. I think they are a bit like the gadgets all the contestants wear on biggest loser so they know they are getting their "burn" for the day. Cost is about £100 which is expensive, but at least there's no ongoing subscription like there are with some similar bits of tech. The flex is out now, but the force should be out soon, so am waiting on that. It doubles as a watch too :) think it will be a nice little tool to help with maintenance ;)

Been shopping but not done the walk yet Susie. Still only done 7034 steps so far.

Forgot my pedometer when I went out this this morning. Had it in one pocket but then got changed & forgot all about it.

Back