Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Thanks Carrie and Darcie.

My problem is that when I go off track I do so with a vengeance! I'm going to have a good crack at it this time.

I so understand this. When I go off the rails, it's not just with one thing, it usually spirals into a couple of days of bingeing. But you caught yourself again, Lynne, instead of going off for weeks on end which I did before the restart. So a few days off, although frustrating, will balance out again if you give it a good shot now. It's still three weeks in February, perhaps you can join us on our don't-weigh-in challenge until 1 March. Make it all about either TS or WS but other than that, put the scales out of your mind. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Hi Bee. This time I told myself I needed to eat because of the painkillers I'm taking but then treated myself to cakes, sweets and chocolate! I'm amazed my weight gain wasn't more than 5lb. Just looking at your stats - I bet you're well in the 13s by 1st March. I can't not weigh myself until 1st March - it's like an addiction for me!

Thanks Carrie. My problem is that when I go off track I do so with a vengeance! I'm going to have a good crack at it this time.

That is me too Lynne.
But only sometimes.
The first time I did Exante, I was very disciplined.
When I had a day off, the next day, I got straight back on.
Even if I wobbled on that first day back on, because of a hangover or whatever, I didn't kick the backside out of it.
I didn't avoid carbs completely then.
But I did allow myself a minimal amount.
And when I had it, on that day off, that was it.
I choose my bad.
The last 2 years however, have been increasingly difficult to say no, and to choose one bad thing.
I guess the changes in my home life helped that to be a difficult.
This year though, I am trying my hardest to get the control back, and to make wise decisions, of choosing my bad :).
I am also going to try and master portion control :D
I sooooo want to be posting pictures of lovely healthy meals, that Carrie does. I know that when I am doing that, I will be at goal :D
Keep trying, its all we can do Lynne :)

Good luck today Lynne. You can ditch those scales. Do it! Or at least try... Maybe DSD (doing something different) might be the key? X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Hi Lynne, try to keep a positive frame of mind my lovely. You can do this and you know you can. Behind you all the way my lovely, have a good day xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That is me too Lynne.
But only sometimes.
The first time I did Exante, I was very disciplined.
When I had a day off, the next day, I got straight back on.
Even if I wobbled on that first day back on, because of a hangover or whatever, I didn't kick the backside out of it.
I didn't avoid carbs completely then.
But I did allow myself a minimal amount.
And when I had it, on that day off, that was it.
I choose my bad.
The last 2 years however, have been increasingly difficult to say no, and to choose one bad thing.
I guess the changes in my home life helped that to be a difficult.
This year though, I am trying my hardest to get the control back, and to make wise decisions, of choosing my bad :).
I am also going to try and master portion control :D
I sooooo want to be posting pictures of lovely healthy meals, that Carrie does. I know that when I am doing that, I will be at goal :D
Keep trying, its all we can do Lynne :)

Thanks Marge. I'm going to have a really good try this time! I did really well when I started last April and managed to lose a lot of weight to go to Philadelphia. I haven't put it all back on but since then seem to have spent all my time hovering around between the lower and upper 12s. I need to steer clear of chocolate and wine and not go overboard when I do have a social event. I need to accept that I can still enjoy myself making sensible choices! I agree with you about portion control and posting healthy meals. Won't it be wonderful when you and I are able to do that - and without a glass of wine included!

Good luck today Lynne. You can ditch those scales. Do it! Or at least try... Maybe DSD (doing something different) might be the key? X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Yep, I'm going to do it! I weighed in this morning and had put another lb on - I hope the legacy of my 1 week binge doesn't continue much longer. My ex husband is coming round today and I am going to ask him to take my scales away and not bring them back until 1st March. So I'm definitely DSD!

Hi Lynne, try to keep a positive frame of mind my lovely. You can do this and you know you can. Behind you all the way my lovely, have a good day xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Twinkle. I've got a clear run until Friday when I'm due to go out for lunch with a friend and will eat sensibly. I think I'll suggest Nandos and stick to chicken. I wish I could be as positive as you! I was pretty good last year when I wanted to lose weight before going on holiday to Philadelphia. Maybe I should book a holiday now for the summer to give myself an incentive.

Did you do your 1st feb photos and measurements, I know you may not want to but it may help ensure you have a much better result for 1st march? Xxx

Thanks CP. I'm going to have a good crack at it!

Did you do your 1st feb photos and measurements, I know you may not want to but it may help ensure you have a much better result for 1st march? Xxx

Hi Carrie. I've decided to wait until 1st March because I'm only 3lb down on 1st January and I know I won't look any different!

Good idea getting temporarily rid of the scales Lynne and Nandos sounds like a good idea for lunch - good luck this week x

Thanks Katie. I know it's a good idea but I know it will be really hard when it comes to the crunch. The scales are very much an obsession with me! Hovever, as TH says, DSD - that's what I'm doing by not weighing and starting the plank challenge.

Yep, I'm going to do it! I weighed in this morning and had put another lb on - I hope the legacy of my 1 week binge doesn't continue much longer. My ex husband is coming round today and I am going to ask him to take my scales away and not bring them back until 1st March. So I'm definitely DSD!

So you can join us on the Not weighing in thing a few of us are doing Lynne. Bee, Darcy, Minnie & me.

When you go out will you be able to ask your friend to help you stay on track. Perhaps only take out a certain amount of money with you so that you cant buy more treats afterwards. I never take any money out with me when I go to work & it has definitely helped.

The other thing is to not have any food at home that is going to tempt you afterwards. Once you break the habit once you may find it easier to do so the next time you have a planned meal out. x

Glad to have you back Lynne. Love the idea of DSD! I'm also in with the 9 week plank, etc challenge. The thought of not weighing makes me anxious, but I'm going to ponder it a bit and might join. I wonder if weekly measurements would be enough to satisfy me that I am going down? Hmmm... Anyway, great to have you back :D

Definitely book a holiday if you can! Give yourself something to look forward to and a goal to aim for, it really does help xx

It's going to be really hard. I weigh myself religiously every morning and often in the evenings as well! I'm worried that I'll go off track without the reminders from the scales!

Back