Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Thanks Katie, Marge and Susie. Am counting calories on MFP. Will have a proper look on the WW site tomorrow. I really need to get back on exante but I also need to be in the right mindset to do it. Unbelievably I forgot to get weighed this morning - haven't done so for about a week. I'm sure when I do weigh mysef my mindset will change because I feel really fat and know I've gained!

Take it step by step, there really is no point in forcing yourself to do packs when your head isn't in it as its a waste of money, and the water gains and losses will do nothing for you mentally or physically. Good too see you back. :) xxx

Thanks carrie. Just been catching up with your diary. Still doing great! Enjoy your break from work.

I did ww a few years ago and lost a lot of weight, can say that their beef stroganoff is delicious (still make it now for my family) or i used to have chicken breast with jacket potato and veg and a dollop of light cremefraiche in my potato as my fave meals. I can give you some recipes if you like - i have one somewhere for a cake that was unbelievably low! I think the Mexican chicken i put the recipe on here for the other day originated from a ww recipe too?

Half your battle is already won that you know you are eating wrong at the moment :)

Hey Lynne, aw you sound stressed!! Don't push yourself. I found myself in a similar mindset and I am feeling so much more content these last few days since starting WW. I'm not cooking any of their recipes, just printed the lists of "free" food they provide and make conscious decisions about healthy choices and stay within my calorie limit. And I have an Exante pack for breakfast still, it still sort of keeps me in the Exante world without doing the plan completely. I agree with Carrie that shoe-horning yourself into TS is not going to bring you success. Could you make a proper plan for yourself that is just yours? Write it down and then stick to it for a week and see how you feel? That way, you don't force yourself into something that might not suit you right now. See how you feel. Perhaps having a bit of time off will give you a chance to have a good think about it with a calm mind, be realistic yet optimistic :):)

Lynne how would you feel about not getting on the scales? It doesn't seem worth getting on them if it's going to make you feel worse - give yourself a week or so off them while counting calories and then see where you want to go from there xx

Hope you are ok and still smiling whatever diet you are or are not doing.x

Is it today and Monday your off or is it next weekend? Hope your good xxx

Hi all. Didn't do very well yesterday. Had a really stressy day at work yesterday - the stress is mainly about the amount of work \i'm having to do and having a really needy team of people I'm working with and not having as good support from my new deputy managers on top of all the travelling and the train disruptions due to the landslide. Anyway, I'm on TOIL today and Monday ( although I've been sorting work stuff out this morning until now) and apparently the trains are due to be back to normal tomorrow so hopefully I can get back to sensible eating and get some relaxation in!
Weighed myself this morning and I was 12st 9lb which is a gain of 6lb but still 3lb less than I was after Christmas. I do feel in a better mindset and am going to calorie count for at least a week before going back on exante. One step as a time as Carrie says. I'm counting today as a new start and will update everything again tonight. Weigh in day is now friday.
So far today I've had a boiled egg for breakfast so a good start.
Will have a look at the Weight Watchers site tonight too and maybe plan some meals for next week. I'm also going to have some exante meals as well like Bee.
I know I am better doing exante when the weather is nice so will look to have a concerted effort soon!
Hope everyone has a good day and will catch up on diaries tonight and over the weekend.

You sound positive and thats a good start :)

Thanks. Just had a can of Baxters Smoked bacon and three bean soup for lunch.

That sounds delish! I have just had half a pouch of exante curry - not tried it before, I like the taste and texture but its just that bit spicy for me.... :( Am considering mixing it with something else to mask it - just not sure what! lol Swap?! lol

I've got some but haven't tried it yet. I bought some of those slim noodles to put in it.

Sounds like a great plan Lynne - hopefully the trains will be a lot better next week and hope the stress in your job eases for you

Thanks Tigs and Darcy. Just got back from a long walk with the dog. Haven't done much housework yet but that's not the end of the world. Having a nice relaxing day!

You're right Carrie. Just going to chill today and do what I need to.

Only read a couple of pages so your diary so far Lynne but well done so far! I love the image in your sig, it's so true, no matter what you have lost almost 2 stone and that's fantastic! I hope this week goes well!! :)

Back