M-Mouse's Droppings

I was trying not to be too posh:D

Did you go to the thread in question?

She's happy - I am just wondering exactly how much longer she can go on being broody for!! The others show no inclination!

Isn't it strange! I suppose, just like people, it's because they each have their own little characters and quirks. Our Labrador was broody from the moment she met me as a new baby until the day she died.

I bet you have a soft spot for her. She sounds lovely.

BTW, heylo, porsh peepul. (My attempt at a posh accent.) ;)

:-D

Good weekend so far. Weather not up to much but can't have everything. Busy making a birthday cake for my Sister for tomorrow from the Hummingbird bakery book -pineapple and nuts and banana in it - it looks scrummy in the book but I won't have any.

For food tomorrow I am going to BBQ some whole chickens and just serve with salad.

Shopping yesterday because all my clothes look a bit like clown clothes at the moment - too big and baggy - but the trouble is when I was 218 + I would just buy my clothes as quickly as possible, hardly ever trying stuff on, but just buying what would fit.

Now however the world is my oyster in that I can go to any shop and choose anything, but I can't find anything I like! The shops just seem to be full of things that I would look ridiculous in like the long dresses (I am too short!!) or those playsuit things and the dresses etc that are only held up by elastic!! I think I am just having a confidence crisis and I could do with having Jo and her Sister shopping with me again!

hope you find some nice clothes ....im in between sizes and it drives me nuts not that i can afford to shop at the moment

I think that it can be very difficult to get used to your new body shape when you first go shopping. So that, whilst there are many things which will now fit, it's hard to visualise what will look right - plus we have a tendency to still focus on our perceived faults. I am still shocked and surprised from time to time that I can now get away with wearing skinny trousers, for instance!

I don't think that you're too short for maxi dresses - it's just a question of choosing the right style. I'm 3" shorter than you, Mouse, but bought a gorgeous maxi dress from the White Company: Buy Dresses & Tunics > Ruched Empire Maxi Dress products from The White Company - it's pricey but they very often have 10-20% off, so google for a discount code if you're interested or PM me and I may still have one hanging around that you can use. I'm going to have to take it up by a few inches, but it's so comfy and very flattering (even though my husband thinks I look like I'm off to a posh evening do in it). The image of the model wearing it in the black version doesn't do it justice - it's much nicer in real life.

Playsuits are definitely tricky; some people look great in them, but they're a bit of a minefield for most people.

There are plenty of gorgeous dresses around at the moment to suit all budgets (not sure how much you want to spend) and not all of them flimsy. What kind of styles (cap sleeved, a-line, shift, etc), colours or prices are you interested in? I'm sure we could have loads of fun in making some recs for you. (Wish I lived nearer, Mousie, because I'd love to take you out shopping - I'm an expert shopping enabler! ;-) )

Some stores offer free personal shopping services and that might be helpful for you at first, so you can get an idea of what suits you now. The quality of service can be variable and it's important not to let them push you into buying anything you don't want - good personal shoppers shouldn't make you feel pressurised. I think that John Lewis can be quite a good option, but have never tried it myself.

I think that it can be very difficult to get used to your new body shape when you first go shopping. So that, whilst there are many things which will now fit, it's hard to visualise what will look right - plus we have a tendency to still focus on our perceived faults. I am still shocked and surprised from time to time that I can now get away with wearing skinny trousers, for instance!

I don't think that you're too short for maxi dresses - it's just a question of choosing the right style. I'm 3" shorter than you, Mouse, but bought a gorgeous maxi dress from the White Company: Buy Dresses & Tunics > Ruched Empire Maxi Dress products from The White Company - it's pricey but they very often have 10-20% off, so google for a discount code if you're interested or PM me and I may still have one hanging around that you can use. I'm going to have to take it up by a few inches, but it's so comfy and very flattering (even though my husband thinks I look like I'm off to a posh evening do in it). The image of the model wearing it in the black version doesn't do it justice - it's much nicer in real life.

Playsuits are definitely tricky; some people look great in them, but they're a bit of a minefield for most people.

There are plenty of gorgeous dresses around at the moment to suit all budgets (not sure how much you want to spend) and not all of them flimsy. What kind of styles (cap sleeved, a-line, shift, etc), colours or prices are you interested in? I'm sure we could have loads of fun in making some recs for you. (Wish I lived nearer, Mousie, because I'd love to take you out shopping - I'm an expert shopping enabler! ;-) )

Some stores offer free personal shopping services and that might be helpful for you at first, so you can get an idea of what suits you now. The quality of service can be variable and it's important not to let them push you into buying anything you don't want - good personal shoppers shouldn't make you feel pressurised. I think that John Lewis can be quite a good option, but have never tried it myself.

i could do with you too lol im the most unfashionable person i know jeans t shirt and sweatshirt !!!!!

Thank you Sue you are lovely and I'm sure you're right - I just home in on my bad bits! I have a couple of days off next week so might go out again when it is a bit quieter. I suppose the problem is that the more weight I lose, the more out of proportion I feel because I am carrying it all around my tummy yet my legs are comparatively skinny! I don't know how low I will be able to go but I am convinced the tum is here to stay and the more I lose the more out of proportion it will look! Also with my back problems I struggle doing sit ups:D Have ordered one of those belt things - will see if that has any affect! I can't help thinking that ultimately surgery would be the only answer:eek:

There is a White Stuff in the town where I work so I could go and try that dress on when I go back to work. As for a playsuit - don't think I would have worn that when I was a teenager even! As for those elasticated topped dresses - a disaster asking to happen I fear:D

Thanks for being there to talk to Sue x

i could do with you too lol im the most unfashionable person i know jeans t shirt and sweatshirt !!!!!

I could fight you for that accolade Tan:D the trouble is I feel as though I have nothing but jeans and trousers:D (including the 4 pairs of jeans that I found at the bottom of my wardrobe that I had never been able to get into!!) Your wedding dress was lovely!!

It's no problem at all, Mousie. You're always there for us. If I can ever you offer any help or support, then I'm very glad to do so. xx

Tummies are notorious trouble spots for most of us. Even at my weight, my tummy is flat when I stand up but...ahem...not (to put it politely) when I sit down - and I'm pretty toned in general.

I would suggest something like Pilates, but you'd need to be careful with your back and to have proper lessons with a good teacher, also checking with your doctor whether it's safe for you to go ahead.

Otherwise, there are some great shapewear options around for holding tummies in. Again, though, be careful with your back. (They used to hurt like heck if I wore them when my back was playing up!)

From a photo I remember seeing posted of you when you met with Jo and Scrumps, I didn't think you looked out of proportion, though. You looked lovely, in fact!

The dress was from the White Company, not White Stuff - not sure whether you have one of those near you? Although I reckon you should be able to find some lovely summer clothing in White Stuff in any case.

If I were you, I'd just try on lots of things, including items you wouldn't have felt able to wear before. Have fun experimenting and you may well be surprised by how fab you look wearing totally unexpected styles! :)

You'll end up developing a style of your own which suits your new slimmer shape. It should also help to build up your self-confidence again. I remember how I was on cloud 9 when I could start wearing lovely new clothes again! :)

Well, you certainly did a fantastic job in choosing your dress and little jacket for the wedding - I thought you looked gorgeous in it!

Anyway, you don't need to be particularly fashionable or trendy to look good. It's much more important to find things which suit you and which make you feel good when you wear them.

Nowt wrong with jeans and a t-shirt. I live in those most days. I certainly don't go around looking at the height of fashion! :D:eek: In fact, my taste is probably not everyone's cup of tea as I like to throw in a little something weird and unusual to my outfits. :eek: (A young Goth lad I know is always asking me where I buy my jewellery! :D )

Being the clumsiest person in the world and owning vomity, scratchy cats means that wearing posh clothes at home isn't such a good idea for me. :eek:

It's no problem at all, Mousie. You're always there for us. If I can ever you offer any help or support, then I'm very glad to do so. xx

Tummies are notorious trouble spots for most of us. Even at my weight, my tummy is flat when I stand up but...ahem...not (to put it politely) when I sit down - and I'm pretty toned in general.

I would suggest something like Pilates, but you'd need to be careful with your back and to have proper lessons with a good teacher, also checking with your doctor whether it's safe for you to go ahead.

Otherwise, there are some great shapewear options around for holding tummies in. Again, though, be careful with your back. (They used to hurt like heck if I wore them when my back was playing up!)

From a photo I remember seeing posted of you when you met with Jo and Scrumps, I didn't think you looked out of proportion, though. You looked lovely, in fact!

The dress was from the White Company, not White Stuff - not sure whether you have one of those near you? Although I reckon you should be able to find some lovely summer clothing in White Stuff in any case.

If I were you, I'd just try on lots of things, including items you wouldn't have felt able to wear before. Have fun experimenting and you may well be surprised by how fab you look wearing totally unexpected styles! :)

You'll end up developing a style of your own which suits your new slimmer shape. It should also help to build up your self-confidence again. I remember how I was on cloud 9 when I could start wearing lovely new clothes again! :)

Ah oops - was thinking they were the same! Will have to check which one we have!:D

Oh and I have been doing pilates for about 4 years now for my back - but still in the beginners class :) In that photo of me I was wearing those cast iron knickers :) they gave me a bit of confidence but they're not that comfie - wouldn't want to wear them every day! - and the trouble is the squished up bits have to spill out somewhere :)

I will be interested to see if this toning belt thing has any affect :)

My sister LOVES shopping... drop her a line! She's a shopaholic!!

As for not being fashionable in jeans and tshirts/sweatshirts, if they're not fashionable, then why does EVERYONE wear them?! To me, that's fashion rather than these rather strange things we see on the catwalk! haaa!

It is hard initially to SEE how one looks in different styles, which is why it's good to take someone with you who you'll position outside the changing room to give you an unbiased opinion. My sister would LOVE it!

Maxi dresses aren't my cup of tea either - having lived in loose "tents" for so many years, anything remotely resembling one is not for me!

Oh and I have been doing pilates for about 4 years now for my back - but still in the beginners class :)

Do you find that it's helped with your back, Mouse? I really think that strengthening those core muscles has made a big difference for me (although perhaps I shouldn't have tempted fate by typing that! :eek: )

Swap the sweatshirt for a jumper and the t-shirt for a vest top in summer and I'm Tan's twin!

I would love someone to go shopping for me (while I sit in a café and read a magazine then go home and pretend it was all my own work:p).

I can provide accommodation...

I would love someone to go shopping for me (while I sit in a café and read a magazine then go home and pretend it was all my own work:p).

I can provide accommodation...

I bet more than one would love a week's accommodation to become your personal shopper!

I bet more than one would love a week's accommodation to become your personal shopper!

We have 2 spare bedrooms! The more opinions/help, the better:D.

Back