M-Mouse's Droppings

i will just come and learn Laura lol

Do you find that it's helped with your back, Mouse? I really think that strengthening those core muscles has made a big difference for me (although perhaps I shouldn't have tempted fate by typing that! :eek: )

We it has been a long hard slog because when they fused my spine they cut right through my stomach muscles. I remember 6 months afterwards I couldn't even lift my bum of the floor when lying down - at least I can do that now:D

We it has been a long hard slog because when they fused my spine they cut right through my stomach muscles. I remember 6 months afterwards I couldn't even lift my bum of the floor when lying down - at least I can do that now:D

No wonder you're having problems toning your stomach, Mouse. Poor you! One of my aunts had a spinal fusion op and I remember that it took her such a long time to recover, but she's never actually tried to tone her stomach.

What did the docs say about the recovery of your stomach muscles? Did they give you any tips on exercise (although I can imagine that they probably concentrated more on your spine than anything else at the time)?

All I can say is that you're doing brilliantly to be doing Pilates after all that!

oh mouse, i'm sorry you've had such trouble - it sounds like you've had a real ordeal with that! what a helpful GP to point you to the medical expertise of youtube (NOT!!)

sounds like you've already come a long way though - all you can do is keep trying i guess, and hopefully it will continue improving with time.

Morning everyone. Showed a 3 lbs gain on the scales this morning, having sts last week! I know it's not a real gain but still disheartening. The only thing I can attribute it to is the smoked mackerel I had yesterday; I will steer clear of that again I think (I had been avoiding it but just fancied some).

It'a very quiet this week with oh and kids away and I think I will be glad to go into the office tomorrow to see another human being:D Not quite sure what to do with my weekend however, as the guys aren't back until Sunday. I should do some gardening but my back just isn't up to it at the moment.

My slendertone belt arrived yesterday so I tried it for the first time last night; I shall await any results with interest:D

Food today - fairly boring.

b- chicken omelette
l - roast chicken & asparagus
d - chicken and salmon & asparagus & some thinned out carrots and parsnips from the garden
s- muffins with 4 prunes chopped up in them (On the official live chat they say that if you are bunged up you can have 4 prunes) I did scour the pack for the biggest 4:D

It's a beautiful day here but I swear it is a lot colder in the house than it is outside! I fell guilty about neglecting the garden but at least if I pull some carrots and parsnips up for lunch (bit not too many) I am doing something! I have been eyeing up the gooseberries this morning - I think they will be ready soon but I am going to freeze them for when I can indulge!

Oh, yesterday for a snack I had something really nice - some sf jelly with some quark mixed with a little sweetener on top - delicious - almost like jelly and clotted cream (I do have a rather vivid imagination!!)

My jelly is set - sounds like you're adding it in runny? I see we are neighbours. I am on the hants/dorset border.

bugger on the WI love - but with your needing your scoff the other night do you think you maybe coming up to that lovely time of the month? water retention not helped by the smokey fishie :(

Ooh slendertone belt- let us know the results :) hope it works ;)

bugger on the WI love - but with your needing your scoff the other night do you think you maybe coming up to that lovely time of the month? water retention not helped by the smokey fishie :(

Ooh slendertone belt- let us know the results :) hope it works ;)

Well not my official WI until Monday so it has time to shift! Just had TOTM so can't blame that!

I will let you know how the belt goes - I guess I should do some measurements now! It felt odd and of course I had to do it for longer than it said and on a higher setting :D but luckily I fell ok today!! It definitely felt as though it was doing something although I am still convinced my abs are beyond any kind of help:D

Last edited:
It does indeed sound like the infamous smoked fish effect, Mouse. Hopefully, that should work its way out soon - especially with you eating all of that asparagus!

I do envy you those veg fresh from the garden (my dad produces the most unbelievably tasty veg in his).

I wonder whether sweetener works for making sorbet? I've still got a little homemade gooseberry sorbet in my freezer - but it's full-on proper sugar. In any case, it's fabulously delicious!

Well a good weekend for me so far.

Food today

B - 2 freshly laid boiled eggs
l - chicken
d - chicken
s - goji muffins, frozen yoghurt

I enjoyed the 'ice cream' I made today, but I did fear for the life of my electric whisk at one point!

Spent my day alternating between the hot tub and gardening - thinning out my veggies. I was surprised though that the weather was quite muggy.

Tomorrow is my last day to myself so I may go for a nice walk along the beach before eating MORE chicken! I seem to have lost interest in food really and am just eating chicken (and veg on my PV days). I never thought I would feel that way about food:confused:

Got to share this - tried a pair of fitted size 12 trousers on today and they did up fairly comfortably. I'm not saying they looked the best and I didn't buy them, but they did up!! Dead chuffed!

I enjoyed the 'ice cream' I made today, but I did fear for the life of my electric whisk at one point!

Eek! Sounds like a whole lot of whisking! :eek: Imagine if you'd had to use one of those old handle-turny whisks - or, even worse, a manual one! :eek:

Sounds as though it was worth the effort, though.

Are you happy about not being so keen on food, Mouse, or is it disappointing you? Could be the weather, perhaps, as many people lose their appetite when it's warm.

What fab news about the trousers, though! :D

I think it's just the general tummy troubles really - I have become almost scared of food and so just stick to any old thing (usually chicken!!) to fill a hole! It's kind of sad because I have always liked cooking but hey hum!

Couldn't believe the trousers - shame they didn't fit that well or I would have bought them just because they did up, but they were a bit too low slung and there was a bit too much of a muffin top situation going on. Still, it was a boost - I have never worn a size 12 anything in my life. It just makes me think that lots of people that I perceive as slim must actually have a bit of a tummy. Thank goodness for clothes - what a marvellous invention!

That's understandable, Mousie. I remember almost bursting into tears when we lived in France and I was trying to buy food for us but was suffering from a form of colitis. The only food I could eat per day without being ill was boiled or grilled chicken or beef, a small portion of either boiled carrots or peas, half a small slice of very well grilled bread and water to drink. It made eating feel like an ordeal.

Hopefully, the docs will end up getting your problems under control, as they eventually did with mine, and you'll be able to eat without all of that worry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

As for those trousers, I reckon it won't be too long before you'll be wearing size 12s easily! :)

Back