M-Mouse's Droppings

Yes that is what I think I might do. The idea of the bread is tempting, although I have been using my bran to make bread and having a turkey bacon butty in the morning for breakfast!! Yum! I miss the muffins though.

I think the trouble with Bean (the cat) was that we had left the back door open that day so he was able to sneak in and out for food, as opposed to being called in and coming running because he is hungry! I really thought we had lost another one and had already decided in my mind that it is too dangerous here for cats and I wasn't going to get another one!

hey darling. I think you might be able to lose on Conso you know. Like what im doing now - ok im not losing massively but stabilizing and hoping for loss tomorrow and what a joy having bread and not feeling the need to binge after it!

I just keep thinking about it all the time!!!! Perhaps Monday - see how I go this week. I keep thinking it might do me some good to up my carbs a bit and if I am going to do conso it would be good to get into the routine of it before I go away. Just a bit scared to be honest :-(

I know what you mean!!! I was scared too and before when ive done it ive gone carb crazy but go for lower GI items and i think you will be ok. What are your carbs like now?

I don't know - not counting them. Pretty low I think, just the yoghurt and the oatbran. Perhaps I will start putting them into myfitness pal for a few days to see.

yes put them in just to see would be interesting?

How about a half cruise/conso - extra tbs of oatbran - you could get a slice of bread out of that and have cheese with it and add in fruit when you're ready? Extra carbs, but good ones (and the same amount of oatbran that you'll have on stab).

I am considering making extra OB bread to have instead of usual bread ration when I want bread as 'normal' bread really doesn't like me now.

Mmm yum! I really enjoyed my breakfast bacon butty this morning and some cheese on toast or something would be even better!!! I really like the bread and think I like it as much as proper bread!! Pasta - I don't think I really want it!

I am going to decide what to do over the weekend, ready for Monday - promise!!

- and thanks everyone for the support and suggestions - very much appreciated.

How about a half cruise/conso - extra tbs of oatbran - you could get a slice of bread out of that and have cheese with it and add in fruit when you're ready? Extra carbs, but good ones (and the same amount of oatbran that you'll have on stab).

I am considering making extra OB bread to have instead of usual bread ration when I want bread as 'normal' bread really doesn't like me now.

Sounds like a good plan, Mouse.

Can't help, cos my mind is messing with me too re restart or not next Monday, but interesting reading... keep thinking and chatting and then I can pop in and decide from what you're all saying!

Well I think I am going to stick with Cruse for a bit longer - not sure if it a laziness thing or a security thing. It is just somehow easier having strict rules in my mind.

It'a a beautiful day so we are having a BBQ later. I have got lots of meat in and I am marinating some cubes of chicken in a tikka sauce to thread onto skewers. I just need to make sure I get my fair share before the kids eat them all!

Yesterday was quite quiet and my back has been playing up so in bed by 7 due to not having slept the previous night! Found time for a bit of gardening though and a little time in the hot tub.

Today I have cleaned the chickens out - it looks as though I now have 2 broody hens! I need to look up how to stop this! I have an egg habit to feed.

DD is working this afternoon so no kiddy arguments in the house - peace reigns supreme:D I will make the most of it before she gets back!

I did consider going for a walk but it is too hot; I may just go in the tub instead, although I need to think about lunch - saying that I had my bacon butty quite late so not really feeling hungry yet!

Only one more weekend before we go on holiday so I need to make a few lists of things to do. I am looking forward to going away but not to the trials that food is invariably going to offer me! Still I can only do my best and if I put on, work hard to get it off when I get back. It does seem that short term gains seem to come off quite quickly once you knuckle down.

Seeing my dietician tomorrow about my tummy problems. I have a list of things to ask her so I hope she is a bit more useful than last time. At least I don't have to dread (as I would have done when I was heavier) the moment when they weigh you in the waiting room!!! I am the closets I can ever remember to having a normal BMI; I know lots of people dismiss the BMI calulation but the medical profession all use it and I think it is a useful marker for someone like me.

I have also started making some Oreo Balls for the family - the mixture is in the fridge!! I shall endeavour to keep my mitts off them :D

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

I hear you Mouse re the "comfort zone" of Cruise. It's "easier" for me not to cede to the temptation of returning to full blown Dukan, as I'm out of ketosis anyway and seem to do pretty well out of it during the week. It's the weekend my downfall, as per usual, when out of ketosis. I'll have to plan my weekend food very carefully if I've a hope of staying with Dukan + fruit. Like you, I couldn't care about pasta (and have had my quota of gala meals for the next couple of weeks in advance ooops), and bread doesn't agree with me and I'm not fussed about it anyway unless it's appropriately "covered" with yellow and red things! :D

I do hope the dietician is of use. It's such a shame that most of us here have had little help from the medical profession as a whole with our weight problems. And thank goodness for internet fora!

How did your BBQ go? I'm pretty pathetic if other people are having "nice" things and I can't, so I must look into what I can have more closely! I do like a variety of things, and pork does fall well in budget at the moment ;)

If there's one tip I can pass on, Mouse, where holidays and guests visiting are concerned, is that the FIRST treat is the easiest to refuse. Keep refusing that FIRST "off diet" thing as long as possible because, where I'm concerned at least, after that first one, the others follow so smoothly!

The BBQ went well thanks. I was PPing so not really a problem. I had chicken, chicken tikka and salmon. Didn't want the bread as made sure the bread I got wasn't the scrummy stuff:D

I'm lucky as I don't think I am yoyoing in and out of ketosis - the sticks always said the same - that I wasn't but I think that's because it is so light. I can tell when I am - and I think I am most of the time.

How many gala meals have you had in advance:D

How many gala meals have you had in advance:D

I'm shocked you'd even ask such a question to a lady :eek:

Your chicken tikka on a BBQ... can you elaborate? I doubt OH and I will use the BBQ when it's just the two of us, but I do need some more interesting marinades as I tend to fall back on the same old. Maybe I'll start a thread on the other side and get the benefit of everyone's ideas!

Re spa - I honestly have never been EXCEPT to a s****y one, paid for by an ex boss, for two treatments. I actually have a gift voucher for a massage at a (probably s****y) salon in the Marais offered by a past boss. I've been waiting to feel better at having my excess skin and flab pushed around by a stranger ;) What sort of treatments would you be looking for?

Not long until we meet again... for the fourth(?) time is it?

Oh Jo, I'm going to a spa (on my own!) in August! I got the voucher for my birthday last year! but need 2 1/2 hours there plus travel time, so was never possible - kids are going to summer camp the first week in August, so I am there!

Have been to a spa before but never had treatments (just done pool/steam room, etc) so this a first for me. I will have to warn them I don't like people touching my toes:eek:. Oh and I'm not looking forward to wearing a bikini and thinking that people are staring at my flab - although I'm sure they couldn't care less and are probably worrying the same thing!

P.S. I wasn't typing "s h i t t y" but "posh", just that there's a rude word in the middle of the one I typed!

oooh Robin - how exciting!!

ooooh yes... looking forward to hearing about that

Well just a quickie before my appointment this morning! Jo I will find the chicken tikka recipe for you.

The dietician was hilarious! Now I didn't actually mention the D word...

Anyway she basically said I'm not eating enough and I need to consider introducing a couple of high calorie snacks into my diet so that I stop losing so much:D She actually suggested crisps:D

I would like to lose some more but she seemed to think I was ok as I am - bit of a novelty really!

On the ketosis subject she seemed to think that because of the level of carbs I am eating, any ketosis that I slip into would be so light that slipping in and out shouldn't be too much of a problem to me - although I don't tend to go in and out anyway.

Not sure how much I trust her anyway - I am just 'playing the game' at the moment trying to get to the bottom of my tummy problems. She clearly has no idea what saying something like 'eat a few high calorie snacks' can do to someone like me, and just how quickly I am capable of piling it back on again:D

After a life time of being nagged to lose weight I kind of want to replay that moment over and over again....(that I can stop!!) so definitely time for Conso when I come back from my holiday / over my holiday, although I would still like to get my BMI below 25!

Back