M-Mouse's Droppings

I am personally of the opinion that it's not DDs who decide where one eats out but Mum's and Dad's, but that's just me! Besides, she's had her choice several times.

I'd let Dad choose if I were you. It's your last night, and you're due a gala tonight?

Enjoy your day! (I can't read Minimims on my phone - it takes forever to connect by which time I've lost the will to read! but can read emails!!)

The yogs are ok - not sure of the texture, but the fruit taste is nice and something different! I ave been buying multi packs with coconut, forest fruits, citrus and vanilla. The coconut and forest fruits I like best. They just seem a bit wrong with no fruit in :)

dont forget your knorr stock cubes i like the chicken ones better than anything ive tried over here

Well stocked up on Knorr, 0% cheese and yoghurts.

Had my first 'proper' gala meal last night - before they have been a bit improvised:D

We went out for our last night in France and I felt a bit daunted by the idea of a 3 course meal as I didn't think I would be able to eat it. I ended up having:

m - A Scandinave omelette, which was filled with smoked salmon, sliced potatoes and a sort of creamy sauce, with green salad and bread.

d - cheese board

then a cafe gourmande which was a coffee with a small chocoalte crepe, a small macaroon and a small profiterole filled with ice cream!! All followed by 3 squares of plain chocolate when I got home!

Weight wise I think I am about what I was before I left so pleased with that.

Thanks Jayqs, I did enjoy thanks but I suppose I did still hold back to an extent. It's always in the back of my mind that it's easier to put on again than to take off! I am managing though to limit my munchy monster to that gala meal and when I look back I can see how I got to nearly 20 stones!

It's always in the back of my mind that it's easier to put on again than to take off! I am managing though to limit my munchy monster to that gala meal and when I look back I can see how I got to nearly 20 stones!

That thought plays a big factor in my ability to moderate my eating, too, Mousie. I find that it always helps to keep it in the back of your mind.

Sounds like it's working well for you. I really think that you'll be able to keep kicking that Munchy Monster back into touch.

sounds y ummy hun........ back to old blighty now !!!!

Morning world. Third day back in work after hols but working at home today so had a decent lie in. I have also managed to give away most of the egg mountain that I acquired while we were away - friends and neighbours are always happy to help out with that one!

Lovely courgette and cheese omelette for breakfast this morning with courgettes from the garden and some of the lovely 0% soft cheese I brought back from France. Jo, have you tried the one in the blue packet (ie not flavoured) as it reminds me exactly of quark).

The sun is out and it is a gorgeous day here - long may it continue. My neighbour gave me some runner beans which I love so I am looking forward to having those with some chicken at lunchtime. I may also grate some courgette into my muffins today (you can guess what is growing well in my garden!!) I will put the chicken in to roast shortly and have half for lunch and then the rest for dinner with some celeriac chips and some greens. I do try and make sure I have greens every day as I think it helps things along!

The cats are both talking to me again after the holiday - I didn't think the sulks would last too long!

I wish it was the weekend - it's hard going back to work after two weeks off - but not sure if the weather is going to be up to much.

Hello there - the natural 0% cheese I find too "cheesy" for me (remember I don't like cheese!) so I can't abide the taste. Does quark taste "cheesy"? I only found it the once, and used it sweetened as "buttercream"!

Runnerbean heaven here too - OH came back with a HUGE bag of French beans to give to our cat feeder (whose leaving for a long weekend tonight, so won't want them, so I'm taking them in on the metro to give to whoever wants them!). We'll have a tonne this weekend! No PPs when beans are around at weekends!

I'd love some of your courgettes please! OH won't let me plant them (cos we got too many first year and they spoiled - he won't eat them, and although I made a tonne of ratatouille for the freezer, I hardly made any impact on our courgette mountain!)
x

I thought it tasted pretty much like the quark. I may try some sweetened - thought it might be better than philly which you can't get.

Your courgette and cheese omelette sounds very tempting, Mouse. We're currently looking after one of our neighbour's cats and garden and they've invited us to help ourselves to their courgettes and runner beans, so I may well be giving that omelette a try one lunchtime.

Good to hear that the cats have forgiven you. (There's nothing worse than those withering looks they can send in your direction when you first arrive back home.)

I now know what DD means when she talks about boring PP Thursday.

Today I have had/will have:

B - chicken omelette
l - chicken
d - chicken tikka
s - coffee muffins

Guess what, Mouse... in Stab, it's recommended not to even have egg yolks on a PP day if the week has been "rich". So you're not quite boring enough yet! And I'm sure you used some powders to get your tikka. The real boring PPs I used to see in my day of 2 x gala + 2 x starch in Conso were white fish, plain chicken, white fish... yum! NOT! A real incentive to go to bed early!!

My June guests brought me a tonne of Philly Xlite, dated end Sept :) so I have I think 7 packs left, one for each week between now and then ish... OH was most surprised that I wouldn't cede one to the little ones (who could eat anything in the supermarket of course, unlike me)!

Now you guys have me fancying courgettes. I wonder what a green bean cake would be like? (I think I'll keep wondering on that one...)

While I'm in here, with you and DD (and if anyone else has some ideas feel free), I'm looking for ideas for a city break - somewhere I won't get too bored, with a decent town centre to browse around, possibly something to visit (from the outside). The choices would be Reims, Auxerre or Lyon. Your opinions ladies if you've been to any? They're easily reachable for a day trip for us (from the country) and we've never been to either. I will of course do some research, but no time at the moment so thought I'd cheat and ask your opinions if you've ever been to them...

Ive been to Reims and Lyon cant remember either , obviously that memorable lol.....sorry im not much help

Of those 3, I think we may have been to Auxerre, but I can't actually remember, embarrassingly enough. It would have been a long time ago and, as in Scrumps' experience, it obviously didn't make that much of an impact on me!

How much of the Val de Loire region have you visited thus far? I may be more help with that. If you haven't been to Orléans, I would certainly recommend it for a nice city weekend. Mind you, it has likely changed very much since we lived there - for instance, there's a whole new tram system, I believe. It's perfect for walks, secret gardens, museums and beautiful streets. Not too big and overwhelming, either.

Amusing that you've all been and remember nothing! I think it'll be Reims as it does look as if there's plenty to see and discover.

DD - I've hardly visited the Loire region at all, but it's the wrong direction from where our country house is, so something to do perhaps when we're not going to our house. Actually someone here at work commutes daily from Orleans!

Back