Macaroni cheese failure!!!

I'm on day one so was really looking forward to the mac cheese well it didn't expand to other peoples pictures we have a neff microwave so it doesn't spin do you think that's why how else should I cook it I put 100ml of water in
HELP!!!

ive been using about 125 ml water and leaving it to soak for about ten mins before cooking it - the first time i had it it was all still crunchy and a bit yek but now i looooove it!

xcx

I find i have to cook the macaroni and the mushroom pasta for alot longer than the sheet says. Last night i think it took ten minutes in total. I just do it a min at a time till i get it right. I thought it might just have been my micro xxx

The instructions do say at the bottom to leave the pasta dishes to soak in water for 5 mins before cooking. It's really small print though so I missed it for ages!

Lexie_dog said:
The instructions do say at the bottom to leave the pasta dishes to soak in water for 5 mins before cooking. It's really small print though so I missed it for ages!

Ive never noticed that. Thanks hun will soak it tonight xxx

Haaaa this happened to me today - watery mess!!!

Attachments

• image-3238660346.jpg
    image-3238660346.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 661
I make mine with just enough water to cover the bottom of a milk pan. Nice and thick, add in veg and herbs at the end x

I had a runny sauce with my first attempt. Tried again last night and my pasta was crunchy!!! I don't have a microwave so am doing everything on the hob. No problems with chilli, spaghett or curry. I guess I need to soak the mac cheese for longer - flavour is fab thou

Mac n cheese is my favourite - seems to have been out of stock for a while though arrrrgh!

SnS will not be reintroducing Mac&Cheese as it used to be - they've had problems sourcing the pasta. They will be making a 'Cheesy Pasta' instead. :)

HOWEVER - if you google SML diet, they have something identical to the SnS Mac&Cheese - the pasta takes a little bit longer to cook, but taste is the same.

mine always seems to boil over lol

i just had cheesy pasta for the first time and yes it was crunchy!! i will soak next time, tasted so good though :)

I made mine into ice-cream first time by mistake, was disgusting lol
Next time I made it thick and spread it on top of an omelet then folded it over so I had cheese omelet was much tastier :D

I tried it yday first time the taste was nyc yum bt the texture of the pasta wqs crunchy as nething and the sauce was like water :/ may try n boil it nx time wit already hot water on the hob n see wt apens lol x

I always turn my microwave power level down to half and honesty it works a treat then! You can also cook it on the hob, you add 110-130ml cold water stir until mixed and simmer for 5-6 minutes stirring regulary. I hope this has helped?!? xoxo

Back