Maccalenny's diary

When is your WI day? I think you're brave WI everyday, it would send me over the edge!

My official day is Saturday. I usually weigh every day, but this is the first time I've recorded it, just because it has been so unusually static this week.

Really enjoyed my ud today. Toast and honey, egg and pasta salad, fish in cheese sauce with chips and veg, apple pie and custard! Now that's an ud! Yum.

Scales had dropped a fair bit today, so hoping for a bit of a loss this week overall.

My aims for the next little while:
1. For my work trousers to feel a bit looser. One of my main reasons for restarting this was to avoid needing to buy some bigger ones!
2. To get under 13 stone.
3. To get under 12.8....the lightest I have been since my daughter was born 7 years ago.
4. To get under 12.4 ....the lightest I have been since my son was born 11 years ago.
5. To get under 11.10...the lightest I have been in about the last 20 years!

Goal 1 achieved: the trousers are not loose, but are nicely comfortable. I'm very relieved not to need to buy more just yet: when I go shopping for clothes, I want it to be for something more fun than work trousers! Hopefully when I buy some it will be because I need a smaller size, not a larger one, which I was very close to a month ago.

Well done on the trousers! I've already had to bin a pair of jeans, amazing isn't it?! Your up day sounds delish, I have chips on the brain now. I cooked fishcakes, chips and peas for my boys earlier and it took a LOT of willpower not to nibble the leftovers!

Yay! Looser clothes is definitely a better feeling than seeing the scales go down x

I did some exercise!!!

i dug out some old DVDs to have a go at. Today I did Natalie Cassidy's one: 10 min warmup, 15 min main bit, 10 min toning and cool down. I missed out the boxing bit due to lack of time.

I didn't like it much, I'm not keen on dance type ones where you build up a routine, keep repeating bits etc. I think that one might be going to the charity shop. I have a pile to get through so I'll try a different one tomorrow!

WI today....13.7.8: 1.2 lb down from last week, 1lb lower than my lowest the week before. I'm really happy with that....I'm officially 13 and a half stone!

:character00238: :character00238: :character00238: :character00238: :character00238: :character00238: :character00238: :character00238:

Yay! Well done :D.

I'm desperate to weigh but I had my cousins baby overnight so I don't want to get up yet in case I wake him lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yesterday got difficult in the evening after feeling fairly easy through the day. I realised what an 'emotional eater' I will probably always be!

I had some sad news from work...the boss is leaving, which is really going to change the whole dynamic of the place, I'm kind of dreading it....then we realised our washing machine had been leaking and some of the laminate floor has started to lift . Neither problem is at all the end of the world, but my immediate instinct was to eat, eat , eat!

I was going to have a skinny soup for tea, but really wanted something more solid. Couldn't face cooking, so had some asda Tuscan bean soup...one of the very few tinned soups I like, it's all beans and spices, gorgeous! So with the help of that and some carrots and pickled onions, I avoided a complete meltdown-stuff your face with chocolate-kind of event that I really could have gone for.

I don't count very strictly but reckon I was around 650 yesterday....a little high, but I could so easily have doubled that in 5 minutes, so I'm happy, and quite pleased to have detected a little bit of willpower there! It is the first time on a dd that I've felt that strong emotional need to eat, rather than just physical hunger.

Once I was in bed yesterday, safely away from temptation, I thought a bit more about exercise. This is the first time I've ever lost weight without exercising. At first I wanted to do it this way, as before its always been all or nothing....if I stopped exercising, the diet went out of the window, and vice versa. I wanted to keep it separate this time, so I knew that if the exercise wasn't happening I would still lose.

But the down side is I feel really wobbly! My tummy looks a bit like a deflated balloon, I can feel on my hips than I'm thinner, but the skin feels loose, I can't really explain but I don't like it at all! I feel a bit smaller inside, but my skin has not shrunk to fit. It might just be that this is how it is when you lose weight when you are over 40, but I'm hoping not. So I ordered a box set of jillian michaels, in the hope that she can make my skin fit me again! Got to be better than Eastenders celebs in pink hot pants doing little dance routines.....

so the plan is: jillian on uds, yoga or Pilates on dds. Not for any additional weight loss, just to feel less like a jelly!

Oh, and a quick nsv to mention...I wore a pair of jeggings yesterday that I haven't worn for 2 weeks, and the difference was really noticeable. Might even need the next size down...

Yay! Well done :D.

I'm desperate to weigh but I had my cousins baby overnight so I don't want to get up yet in case I wake him lol x

i remember those days well...desperate for the loo sometimes but clinging on to a few more minutes of peace and quiet!
good luck when you do get to the scales.

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, but it goes to show that you've came a long way as you didn't give in and stuck with it, well done!

Haha yea I need the loo as well but daren't move!! He usually wakes about half 7 x

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, but it goes to show that you've came a long way as you didn't give in and stuck with it, well done!

Haha yea I need the loo as well but daren't move!! He usually wakes about half 7 x

You're going to be there for a while yet then......

So, plan for today. I've had a bowl of flax porridge with cooked apple and flaked almonds...just the thing for a frosty morning! Lunch may be a sandwich in town, then we are at a friends tonight, probably pizzas and salad and nibbles. And wine!

How I love juddd! On any other plan I'd be facing looking very antisocial or chucking the diet out of the window. With juddd it's just an ordinary up day.

So, plan for today. I've had a bowl of flax porridge with cooked apple and flaked almonds...just the thing for a frosty morning! Lunch may be a sandwich in town, then we are at a friends tonight, probably pizzas and salad and nibbles. And wine!

How I love juddd! On any other plan I'd be facing looking very antisocial or chucking the diet out of the window. With juddd it's just an ordinary up day.

Mmmm sounds like you're going to have a fab UD. Enjoy!

I think you've done quite well, I would have polished 3 times as many calories! And conrats about the leggings :giggle:,it is great feeling when clothes become too big. Better than any loss on the scales for me!

Back