'MAGIC PORRIDGE'

Yes of course, as long as they are listed as a HEXB.....

I love this porridge......I like it with grated apple and a few frozen raspberries mixed in. Mmmmmmm, might have it tomorrow.

I tried it this morning with toffee muller.
I added chopped bananas and it was really yummy. I was so full, I actually left some!
I actually felt so full that I could only eat fruit for lunch and left my quiche!
Tomorrow I am going to do it with cherry yoghurt.
Thanks again Donnie.

can you use the sachets of oat so simple please

Yes, you could, but it is an expensive way of doing things. I just checked one supermarket website - Oats So Simple, plain, family pack, worked out at 46.1p per 100g. A large bag of supermarket own brand rolled oats was 8p per 100g.

The only difference in the ingredients is that Oats So Simple has lecithin added as a stabiliser to stop it boiling over in the microwave.

Years ago I used to make the original Bircher-Benner muesli - this consisted of oats soaked in water overnight, then a grated apple and some condensed milk added.

If you look up muesli in Wikipedia you can see something about how the recipe came about.

More recently I made a SW version of it with Total instead of the condensed milk and a chopped apple (grating an apple is just too messy and takes too long!).

Now I am definitely going to try this idea - sounds great!!

I ran out of Mullerlite yoghurts - so I mixed the porridge oats with VLF natural yoghurt and mixed in a heaped teaspoon of lemon curd - delicious, not quite as sweet but it had a nice sharp, lemony tartness, lovely....

I counted 1½ syns for the lemon curd.

You could also add a little sweetner if you prefer your porridge a bit sweeter.

You can use 28g of Ready Brek Original but you should have 1 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original/ Sesame Crispbread to make up the fibre content.

But, I don't think the porridge will be as thick because Ready Break is such a thin porridge to start with - it's best to use 'proper' porridge oats really.

Today I had my 'magic porridge' made with a Toffee Mullerlite yoghurt, sliced banana and a drizzle of honey - delicious, and just 1 Syn for the honey, yummy!!!

I just mix a teaspoon of bran into my porridge oats before I mix it up - you can get a bag of bran from health food shops, it lasts for ages.

Been meaning to try Donnie's magic porridge for ages so just off to mix one up now. Do you all add your fruit now or in the morning?

Thanks x

Back