'MAGIC PORRIDGE'

I tried this last night with a cheery muller light yogurt and 28g of porridge oats - thought it was going to be nicer - was not as creamy as I had anticipated, oats still had some bite to them which was a bit off putting, going to try it warm tomorrow though, see if I prefere it!

Claire

I wonder did you stir it through enough the Night before? I didn't the first time, but made sure I did the next time....... and it was yum.

Covering

When you let it sit over night can you just mix it up in a tupperware box and put the lid on?? should it be covered? easy to transport the next day??? Thanks - sounds delicious! x

Yes, just put it in your tupperware box with the lid on, and it will be be perfect, enjoy.

Has anyone ever used jumbo oats for it? Would it work? I have a bag in my cupboard that I bought for baking with and they are now just sitting there and I haven't known what to do with them. This would be ideal!

I think I'll try it tonight anyway, with some sweetened natural yogurt and frozen berries. It's worth a go!

:)

Thanks for this Donnie, I have just made one with Raspberry Activia Fat Free and a sachet of Oats So Simple. I will let you know what it is like tomorrow as I have put it in the fridge overnight. :D

What was it like with the activia yoghurt as I've only got those in and cant get my car off the drive!! :(

I am loving eating this everyday for my breakfast! Last night I mixed;

28g of oats
mullerlight yogurt, vanilla flavour
X2 Tablespoons of 0% greek yogurt
Handful of frozen mixed berries

It was gorgeous!

I am loving eating this everyday for my breakfast! Last night I mixed;

28g of oats
mullerlight yogurt, vanilla flavour
X2 Tablespoons of 0% greek yogurt
Handful of frozen mixed berries

It was gorgeous!

Sounds wonderful, I bet it's really creamy, thank you.

Just seen this and quite fancy giving it a try! I know it was mention earlier about oatso simple but does anyone know what size the sachets are? Is it one sachet of oatso simple as a b choice??

I know it was mention that it works out a bit more expensive but storage wise its easier for me no porridge oats all over the place!! Hehe!
Will give it a go with a toffee ww yog!

Yes, 1 sachet of original oats so simple + 1 scan bran (or 1 Ryvita wholegrain) is one HEX B.

ive just went and bought mullerlight yoghurts just now, so gonnae try and make this for tomorrow morning also. xx

I've just put mine in the fridge, I used FF Activia though rather than muller light. Looking forward to it :) x

I love Magic Porridge! It is lovely made with a strawberry yoghurt. I make it in a tupperware box and take it to work with me as I dont like eating too early. Yum Yum!

I am so gonna try this tonight, so its ready to eat in the morning....

All these sound so yummy..

Please keep your ideas coming

Only 30 seconds at first and then check - making it too hot may curdle the yoghurt, so it might be a bit of trial and error until you find the right time, enjoy....

i had mine this morning and it was yummy, i heated it up and put sweetener in it, i put it in for 1 minute and then another minute. xx

Back