Maintainers Refocus Month

Not good then Suki. The Exante are definately the 'cream of' type and, to me anyway, much nicer. I hope you come up with a solution soon.

Day 4 yesterday. Did water early, had good food choices and was happy over all.

Forgot to weigh this morning. Shows how obsessed I am with the scales. Not. Never mind, I'm feeling better and know I can only be going downwards. Monday will be here soon enough.

Eat well today all!

Sukie, try it one more day and maybe stick with bar and then soup and have a shake as a last resort?? Their version of Lite is also really good and worth a look into. I can ask Bliss to get it out of her book for you if you want? As I mentioned earlier I had similar problems with the packs (LL) and just got used to it really. Would you like to chat with one of the exante councillors - my sister's lady was excellent and would be more than happy to chat on the phone if you needed. Perhaps she can put your mind at rest a bit?

I had a slightly higher cal day than expected yesterday and am still stable, but even though according to LLC I am only half a lb up on what I was a month ago, I really want to get back to my happy weight on my scale. Might have 3 packs and a meal for a few days and see if that shifts it. Will plan another walk today and have the burlesque class tomorrow. Hopefully when I am back at work next week and running around this will help shift things too.

Let me know if you would like June's number and I will get hold of it for ya hun.

Jez
xx

Reassurance

FT Thanks for starting this thread. It has strengthened my mental state and I realise I don't need to beat myself up for being a complete failure. I don't generally read the maintenance threads as I don't feel I am 'ready' yet. But it has been very reassuring to read of others experiences of Christmas gains and refocusing using packs.

My own story is that having hit Christmas at week 5 RTM, I went badly off the rails and gained a wopping 16.8lbs in just two weeks. Back on full abstinence with LL packs for at least two weeks, now day 4 and had a little wobble last night, but doing OK and the scales are showing a great loss. Hope to have a pop-in with my LLC tomorrow to keep focused and motivated. I'll probably restart RTM at week 4 or 5 when I lose the Christmas gain.

Very fed up with scraping my car several times a day and slithering along the roads to and from work. I want to get out running - but I'm not going to risk serious injury as most of the pavements are unpassable and the roads like ice rinks. Snow is several feet deep and no signs of a thaw imminent. hey ho. It was lovely for the first week. Now into week 4 of sub-zero temps and desperate to feel warm again.

Keep going everyone. We can lose the gains and January is a great time to get be motivated to achieve.

xx

Awesome TI, great to hear you are doing so much better mentally! I think that is the trick and shows just how much we have learnt in our journeys. That we do experience blips, we realise, we set it right. Whereas previously we might have just carried on on the same old slippery road and eaten even more. You will shift the weight in no time.

Jez
xx

Well, I fell off the wagon, but have climbed back on again...two days managed this time FT!! *shame*

Anyway, my husband had ordered some, as we worked out we both had a BMI of 26, so he's having three packs and we both started yesterday. Second day today - he's never done anything like this before and climbed in to bed at 9pm to try and forget the day because he was "in pain...."!!! I do think that we are a very bad influence on each other and like our food and drink too much (alcoholic!), so I think now we should be able to definitely focus, as I am nothing if not very competetive! He won't lose his weight and leave me behind...no way!

Good luck to you all this coming (cold) weekend!

Oh, and Suki - I suffered yesterday after I'd eaten some very fatty, high carb food a day or so ago, washed down with wine! I then did the Exante and oh my, my IBS yesterday was horrendous! I tend to get like that when I first start, but it's all settled down now. I'd keep trying, and see how you get on. Exante doesn't have any artificial stuff in it, I don't think, and maybe it could be all the added vits/mins in the packs?

Hope it gets better for you - I'd struggle if I didn't have my food replacement 'crutch' to fall back on!

It is amazing how much the competition helps PS. My sister did Exante whilst I did LL and it really helped keep us both on the straight and narrow, as we both wanted to be the biggest looser so to speak. Good Luck hun, you are going to rock it!!!

Jez
xx

Poppy, Two DAYS!!! :eek: :faint2:

You are SO not going to let him out last you now!!!!! :copon:

:hug99:

day 4 and finally in ketosis - i can tell by the funny taste in my mouth! it wasn't so bad really and a good reminder that you can go for a few days feeling hungry without the whole world collapsing!

feeling great, no more hunger and already feeling lighter. hang in there girls and guys - just give it a few days and then remember how easy it gets once your body starts burning fat!

got a wedding tomorrow but full of resolve to get through it without giving in to temptation. already said no to a very delicious looking chocolate birthday cake today so it can be done. i just have to keep reminding myself that its just food and it will still be there in a few weeks time!

well done catgirl!

well done catgirl
come on poppy - you can do this!!!

well i am almost at the end of day 8 and am mananging fine in abstinence, which i am pleased about as i had been worried i wouldn't be able to do it again.

its weigh in tomorrow - i'm hoping the snow won't mean its off.
i want to be below the weight i was the week before xmas, so fingers crossed for me!

daisy x

hi all,
thanks so much for youre thoughts and advice.
well i tried to carry on yesterday , stuck to soups and a bar but my god !! defo think its the higher level of dairy as i never had any trouble at all on l.l and im sure they must have some dairyin them also.i was teaching today and back in the salon so i just couldnt risk the fall out :eek:
so not sure what im doing at the mo so ive stuck to my strict vegan plan today and ive planned and shopped for a strict vegan /detox menu for the next week.(no coffee or sweetners :cry:sob !!!) ive done a full plan so that i wont fall into bad habits while i decide if im going to shell out for ll again. going to try to sell my packs on ebay but im somewhat hesitant to be honest as you dont know whos buying them , ill see.
ill give this vegan plan a go , i might find that ill loose well on it as its quiet restrictive , its not my plan to stay on it , but i know i need something rigid and strict to keep me in line whilst i mull over my options.
hope its ok to keep posting here whichever direction i end up taking as i really appreciate the support we all get here. as far as im concerned this is still my refocus month im just using veg instead right now :eek:xxx

Any other maintainers wanting to have a bit of a foodie refocus? It doesn't matter which way you intend to do it. :)

You're here Sukie and that means an awful lot to all of us and especially you. Bit of a bummer you can't use the packs so best of luck with the vegan way. :) It sounds like an interesting plan actually!

thanks foxtrot that means allot,
been semi vegi on and off for a while and when i was younger but read a book (scuse the language) 'skinny b**ch ' and it opened my eyes so much so i thought oh maybe ill try that one day , so with this happening i thought id try it now to keep me good :0)
anyway ill let you know how it goes.xxxx

def keep on posting here - as said, it doesn't matter how you are re- focussing
daisy x

I'm sure if you high top veg it, as in watch the root veg, you should do well. It's the carbs that are the baddest guys after all!! Keep us posted Sukie.

Not too bad a day yeasterday, one pack and careful food after that but, as usual, I struggled a bit with the water. There really is no telling me with water!!! Bleugh!

Have a good weekend all!

Daisy -good luck with your wi today. Well done on sticking to the packs again.

Sukie Sue - Hope things work out for you. Given the way my body responded to my binge over Christmas I suspect I have a food intolerance of some sort - wheat possibly. I hope to be able to isloate it a bit better by following the RTM weeks 5-12 properly. Thanks for posting your story. xx

yay!
at wi today i have lost 2lb since the week before xmas.
think i must have put on about 8 lbs over the festive 2 week period and then lost 10lb over the last 9 days.

Am now 9.3 so need to lose 4lbs to be back at the top of my box - and 14lb to be 8.3, which will give me a 7lb buffer when i go back to eating

daisy x

Excellent Daisy

Well done you x

Great stuff Daisy!!!

Back